PDA

View Full Version : New FM, on a Positive Note

VBF-83_Hawk
06-12-2005, 08:13 AM
I posted this in my other topic but thought it could use its own.

OK, I can now take-off in the F4U without the fishtailing and without using the tailwheel lock. It can be done but with using only extreamly little rudder movement corrections as airspeed increases. Consider yourself lucky guys because if you are fishtailing, in real life you would probably have already ground looped the airplane or skidded off the runway with a broke landing gear. As I rotate, I then start to adjust the trim. At a point, trim then needs to be moved back in the oposite direction. Again little rudder movement is needed at this point. Once in level flight and a constant airspeed is achieved, while performing typical 20 degree banks, the slip indicator is only a half a ball deflection off.

If you fly the airplane the way it should be flown, Oleg is right on course. However, when tight turns are needed it get crazy plus I am unable to see the turn and basll indicator in order to keep the airplane coordinated.

I hope this helps some of you get use to it.

VBF-83_Hawk
06-12-2005, 08:13 AM
I posted this in my other topic but thought it could use its own.

OK, I can now take-off in the F4U without the fishtailing and without using the tailwheel lock. It can be done but with using only extreamly little rudder movement corrections as airspeed increases. Consider yourself lucky guys because if you are fishtailing, in real life you would probably have already ground looped the airplane or skidded off the runway with a broke landing gear. As I rotate, I then start to adjust the trim. At a point, trim then needs to be moved back in the oposite direction. Again little rudder movement is needed at this point. Once in level flight and a constant airspeed is achieved, while performing typical 20 degree banks, the slip indicator is only a half a ball deflection off.

If you fly the airplane the way it should be flown, Oleg is right on course. However, when tight turns are needed it get crazy plus I am unable to see the turn and basll indicator in order to keep the airplane coordinated.

I hope this helps some of you get use to it.