PDA

View Full Version : Does the Stuka 'automatically' drop it's bombs??

AStotzer
12-10-2004, 02:34 PM
I did the Stuka Training on dive bombing, but when I dive and press Weapon button 4, the bomb does not drop. Am I supposed to drop it 'after' the horn sounds? Or does it drop automatically when the horn sounds?

AStotzer
12-10-2004, 02:34 PM
I did the Stuka Training on dive bombing, but when I dive and press Weapon button 4, the bomb does not drop. Am I supposed to drop it 'after' the horn sounds? Or does it drop automatically when the horn sounds?

Platypus_1.JaVA
12-10-2004, 04:01 PM
Do you have a bomb as loadout selected?

Is this also the case with other aircraft?

PLS check your keymapping for the right assignment.

VW-IceFire
12-10-2004, 08:08 PM
Some versions you set a release altitude (go into the key bindings and set it up) and it drops them and auto pulls out at the correct altitude. You just hold the plane on target.

Its confusing at first...

BTW: I'm not a dive bombing expert. I've just done it enough to know.

BBB_Hyperion
12-11-2004, 12:19 AM
Use Bombsight alt controls to set bombdrop alt to 0 then the ju87 pulls out once you dropped the bomb (only with airbrakes on). The other method is somewhat unprecise i never use it .)

AlGroover
12-11-2004, 01:36 AM
When you're setting your bomb release altitude, watch out for the difference between altitude Above Ground Level and Above Sea Level! The setting is the latter.

AStotzer
12-11-2004, 07:18 AM
I don't remember seeing them setting a bomb release altitude in the Stuka training track. But I had just also flown the TD-3 training which did have me set the altitude and volocity I think. So, maybe those settings were somehow used when I later did some dive bombing.

I'll try all these tips today. Thanks for the replies!

Gawwad
12-13-2004, 06:19 AM
If you have negative G when releasing, the bomb will not be released...