PDA

View Full Version : Just A Couple More Noob Questions If You Would

XyZspineZyX
07-28-2003, 10:43 PM
1st. How come my plane does not blow up after hitting the ground with such impact

2nd. Is there anyway to place ships in the quick mission builder?

That's it, I promise....unless I get to feeling lonely. Highly unlikely with a full house.

*sigh*

yz426f

XyZspineZyX
07-28-2003, 10:43 PM
1st. How come my plane does not blow up after hitting the ground with such impact

2nd. Is there anyway to place ships in the quick mission builder?

That's it, I promise....unless I get to feeling lonely. Highly unlikely with a full house.

*sigh*

yz426f

XyZspineZyX
07-28-2003, 10:54 PM
Are you flying with any level of realism? You might have invunerability enabled. Secondly, there is type of landing called the belly-landing. You basically drag the aircraft over the ground until it stops. In that case you won't blow up. Try nose-diving into the ground, I'll garuntee you an explosion.
You get ships in the Crimea map in the QMB. Unfortunately, until the patch comes out, UBI has seen fit to assign UT2003 players who are uber accurate at the ship's gunner positions. As a result, they'll have a feild day getting head-shots on you. Wait until after the patch (~30th July) for a better experience.

http://www.student.richmond.edu/~vk5qa/images/forumsig.jpg

"Come on in, I'll treat you right. I used to know your daddy."

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 01:04 AM
Ugh! The days when I flew sims and all you needed to do was sneeze on landing and you blew to peices! IL2/FB is at least far more realistic in that it lets you belly-rub for a bit!

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 03:13 AM
I was playing online at HL today, in my beloved Yak-9K, but the server was full of a bunch of squadron 109 and 190 flyers who hung by my base so I couldn't get alt, and was therefore a sitting duck . .

So i took my first 109 online flight in an F4 cause I heard it was good, on takeoff, the wheelbase is so much narrower than I rolled so I was on one wheel and dragging a wingtip . . . as soon as I got speed I rolled up and took up with very little damage.

On that same flight, I took out a rival 109 and one 190 . . but on the dive after I passed the 190 I hit 850 kph (gadzooks!) and bits and peices started falling off . . . when I finally got level and slowed down I was missing both my aireleons (no roll ability! hoh noes!) and one of my elevators . . .

But, I flew all the way from enemy base to my base under attack from a 190 and a 109 (although they were sidetracked from time to time)

As i was coming in towards my base I dropped my gear . . . but they had been hit by those aforementioned enemies who followed me back, and fell off (oh no!) but I dropped flaps and feathered prop (after turning engine off) and dragged myself to a perfect belly landing . . right in the mddle of the strip.

This is why I love this game, when my last one was ms FS (not the original, but a really, really old one that had only cessna, lear, faster prop, and jet fighter style planes, almost no gfx, and when you crashed all that happened was it paused and the viewscreen had lines running in it like shattered glass. If was allright, but this . . this is something else entirely!