PDA

View Full Version : Splash Screen

RC_Cyrin
11-12-2004, 05:05 PM
Does anyone know where the beginning loading splash screen can be found?

LEXX_Luthor
11-12-2004, 05:33 PM
I miss the I~16 flying low over Lenningrad in original FB startup. That was a sweet screenshot. Better shot than they have since used for advertising newer AEP and FP.

RC_Cyrin
11-12-2004, 06:05 PM
Oops, I might should have been more clear. i was wondering what folder the splash screen was located in, I would like to make a custom splash screen to replace the stock one.

Opiate364
11-12-2004, 07:51 PM
I believe it is hard coded in, though all the other splash screens can be changed.

RC_Cyrin
11-12-2004, 08:17 PM
anyone have a clue what file might contain the code that calls the loading splash screen, and what language the game is written in?

Tully__
11-12-2004, 09:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RC_Cyrin:
anyone have a clue what file might contain the code that calls the loading splash screen, and what language the game is written in? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Different game modules were written in different languages. For the most part the GUI and Full Mission Builder were written in Java.

I doubt you'll have much luck finding the code that displays the splash screen, the bulk of the core game engine and core game graphics are encrypted.

KarmaT0Burn
11-12-2004, 11:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Different game modules were written in different languages. For the most part the GUI and Full Mission Builder were written in Java. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That explains why the GUI is so clunky.

RocketDog
11-13-2004, 07:02 AM
Most of the splash screens are *.tga files stored in various directories. A quick search with Windows Explorer in the IL-2 directory will find them.

Couldn't find the joint FB/PF one though.

Regards,

RocketDog.

DuxCorvan
11-13-2004, 07:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KarmaT0Burn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Different game modules were written in different languages. For the most part the GUI and Full Mission Builder were written in Java. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That explains why the GUI is so clunky. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking exactly the same... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

The game GUI is, maybe, the less up-to-date feature of the whole series. It's poor, ugly, limited and unimpressive. Oleg, this kind of things also help -or not- selling a game... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

LEBillfish
11-13-2004, 09:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
I miss the I~16 flying low over Lenningrad in original FB startup. That was a sweet screenshot. Better shot than they have since used for advertising newer AEP and FP. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So agree, yet I think that was in the setup program. Only got to see it once, if you wanted to see it again had to reinstall http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

jeroen_R90S
11-13-2004, 10:24 AM
Looking at the back of your FB case might be easier http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

RC_Cyrin
11-13-2004, 02:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tully__:

I doubt you'll have much luck finding the code that displays the splash screen, the bulk of the core game engine and core game graphics are encrypted. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would be nice if they had left that part accessible, that was one of the great things about CFS2. You could customize splash screens, ready room backgrounds, menu interface backgrounds, etc.

Tully__
11-13-2004, 08:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RC_Cyrin:
Would be nice if they had left that part accessible, that was one of the great things about CFS2. You could customize splash screens, ready room backgrounds, menu interface backgrounds, etc. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As someone mentioned above, you can change all the menu backgrounds. It's only the startup splash screen that's inaccesable. Look in your mission folders for files called "background.tga". Replace them with your choice of picture (use the same file name and back up the originals in case you wish to restore them at a later time). In order for the game to recognise the picture as a valid background, it must be 512x512 or 1024x1024 pixels and in 8 bit uncompressed .tga format.

RC_Cyrin
11-14-2004, 12:13 PM
Yes, I saw the post, I was just thinking back to the old days for a moment...