PDA

View Full Version : Tank AI

Jo-E
07-20-2007, 03:53 AM
I did several maps Co-op on my own lastnight, when I decided to do the Quarry. I noticed that when STALKING a tank, I stealthed behind one and the turret turned to face me... do these tanks have proximity alerts??

I noticed this a lot, when leaning around a building (the tank was facing away from me) the tanks turret would turn to face me and start firing......

Jo-E
07-20-2007, 03:53 AM
I did several maps Co-op on my own lastnight, when I decided to do the Quarry. I noticed that when STALKING a tank, I stealthed behind one and the turret turned to face me... do these tanks have proximity alerts??

I noticed this a lot, when leaning around a building (the tank was facing away from me) the tanks turret would turn to face me and start firing......

Steeev
07-20-2007, 04:22 PM
I've just had a similar thing, in the quarry on Co-Op, the tank's turret was the only part of the tank visible over a building and it still peppered me.

Still better than the dead-eye snipers from GRAW 1 though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

GrimlockCW
07-20-2007, 08:16 PM
it seems to treat it similar to any game, where the tanks AI isn't to disimilar to any reg soldiers AI.
get to close, or make to much noise and the tank crew, despite the loud noises a tank makes, and headgear worn, can hear you and turns the turret to shoot ya.

Bobario
07-21-2007, 06:11 AM
The tanks commander must have seen you through his periscope. Abrams tank commanders have a 360 degree rotating television/flir camera that can turn independently of the turret.