PDA

View Full Version : I have to wonder if reviewers are playing the game "correctly"

endo23
11-13-2007, 01:38 PM
A lot of folks are confused over how drastically the reviews vary, and I think by and large that certain reviewers aren't playing the game in its intended fashion... that is, as a stealth and research-based assassination game. If you rush through objectives and insist on an overt offensive strategy, perhaps the game fails to satisfy. I'm thinking of reviews like GameSpy's, which say things like:

"More than any other part of the game, combat needs a difficulty modifier. We played through the entire game with no emphasis on stealth because early on we mastered the offensive and defensive timing of combat. Guards' AI and incredible agility made escaping into stealth harder, and more time-consuming, than simply cutting down virtually any number of attackers. Like the Hitman series, it seems very romantic and cool to go in totally unobserved, kill your target and get out cleanly, but it's actually way more trouble than just killing every last jerk in the city."

Are any reviewers actually completing all the pre-assassination objectives, then finding the best escape routes and attempting a stealth exit after completing their kill? I'm not really sure, though that's how I intend to play the game. Just curious what you all think.

endo23
11-13-2007, 01:38 PM
A lot of folks are confused over how drastically the reviews vary, and I think by and large that certain reviewers aren't playing the game in its intended fashion... that is, as a stealth and research-based assassination game. If you rush through objectives and insist on an overt offensive strategy, perhaps the game fails to satisfy. I'm thinking of reviews like GameSpy's, which say things like:

"More than any other part of the game, combat needs a difficulty modifier. We played through the entire game with no emphasis on stealth because early on we mastered the offensive and defensive timing of combat. Guards' AI and incredible agility made escaping into stealth harder, and more time-consuming, than simply cutting down virtually any number of attackers. Like the Hitman series, it seems very romantic and cool to go in totally unobserved, kill your target and get out cleanly, but it's actually way more trouble than just killing every last jerk in the city."

Are any reviewers actually completing all the pre-assassination objectives, then finding the best escape routes and attempting a stealth exit after completing their kill? I'm not really sure, though that's how I intend to play the game. Just curious what you all think.

b-busher
11-13-2007, 01:39 PM
Ok this has gone too far .