PDA

View Full Version : Question on graphics

fruni
11-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Ok so i heared that A.C only supports 720i and 420p.

I own a xbox 360 and a sony bravia LCD tv (the one thats full 1080i) and i heared that 1080i's must be forced to play on 420P http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

So my question is will i be forced to play on 420P?

Side question: Will the ps3 look or run better then the xbox 360? My bro says it will be way better because its blue ray and this disturbs me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.

Btw i dont really know what im talking about..

fruni
11-09-2007, 04:25 PM

I own a xbox 360 and a sony bravia LCD tv (the one thats full 1080i) and i heared that 1080i's must be forced to play on 420P http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Side question: Will the ps3 look or run better then the xbox 360? My bro says it will be way better because its blue ray and this disturbs me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.

Btw i dont really know what im talking about..

eliteassassin69
11-09-2007, 04:27 PM
i dunno about the resolution but ur bro is lying it should be maaaaaaby a lil better

bobbylucifer
11-09-2007, 04:31 PM
they'll be the same - the ps3 is meant to have slightly (and I mean slightly) better textures, but the 360 has slightly (thats slightly) better lighting and anti-aliasing.

Exassassin
11-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Assassin's Creed supports the common native resolution called 720p, everything else is being upscaled to 1080i or 1080p - There's nothing like 720i. I would suggest playing games in 720p on your TV because that's what the 360/PS3 supports. 1080i is a lot worse then 720p

b-busher
11-09-2007, 04:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Exassassin:
Assassin's Creed supports the common native resolution called 720p, everything else is being upscaled to 1080i or 1080p - There's nothing like 720i. I would suggest playing games in 720p on your TV because that's what the 360/PS3 supports. 1080i is a lot worse then 720p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK now I,m confused I thought the higher it is the better?

dirtybird21
11-09-2007, 04:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Exassassin:
Assassin's Creed supports the common native resolution called 720p, everything else is being upscaled to 1080i or 1080p - There's nothing like 720i. I would suggest playing games in 720p on your TV because that's what the 360/PS3 supports. 1080i is a lot worse then 720p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uhm....

You're wrong lol.

But, Most games only support 720...

fruni
11-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Will my tv even support 720p?

And im confused i thought I was better then P and the higher number was better but i suppose being upscaled it would look worse (not sure what upscaled even is)

Exassassin
11-09-2007, 04:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by b-busher:

OK now I,m confused I thought the higher it is the better? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not when the letter behind the resolution is the i, like: 1080i - The i stands for Interlaced. It basically consists out of this: with Interlaced the screen refreshes every line on the TV which can cause lines being jagged when you watch a movie that has a framerate higher than 25 FPS. Progressive on the other hand, like 720p and 1080p, the image is being refreshed as a whole every few seconds, it doesn't include the 'line after line refreshment' like Interlaced. Progressive suits almost everything, especially videogames because they are mostly 30 fps or more. So change it to 720p http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Exassassin
11-09-2007, 04:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dirtybird21:

Uhm....

You're wrong lol.

But, Most games only support 720... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mind elaborating what I am wrong about? Assassin's Creed does support 720p, and it IS the native resolution of Assassin's Creed. The 360 and the PS3 both have that resolution as their native resolution. The rest is just being upscaled, like: 1080p

fruni
11-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Will my sony bravia support 720p and how do i just change it? im confused -_-

And what is upscaled?

b-busher
11-09-2007, 04:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by b-busher:

OK now I,m confused I thought the higher it is the better? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not when the letter behind the resolution is the i, like: 1080i - The i stands for Interlaced. It basically consists out of this: with Interlaced the screen refreshes every line on the TV which can cause lines being jagged when you watch a movie that has a framerate higher than 25 FPS. Progressive on the other hand, like 720p and 1080p, the image is being refreshed as a whole every few seconds, it doesn't include the 'line after line refreshment' like Interlaced. Progressive suits almost everything, especially videogames because they are mostly 30 fps or more. So change it to 720p http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah....I understood that.

Exassassin
11-09-2007, 04:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fruni:
Will my sony bravia support 720p and how do i just change it? im confused -_-

And what is upscaled? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I only have an Xbox 360 so I don't know how you could change the resolution on the PS3. I can explain it with the Xbox 360, though:

Power your Xbox 360 and go to the Dashboard. Go all the way to the right dash &lt;--&gt; System &lt;--&gt; Console Settings &lt;--&gt; Display &lt;--&gt; Screen Resolution and then change it to 720p.

fruni
11-09-2007, 04:52 PM
Yeh i got a 360 and ill make sure its on 720p but how do i know if it will work on my TV?

Exassassin
11-09-2007, 04:55 PM
If it doesn't work the 360 will automatically turn the resolution back to 1080i in about 10 seconds. Just don't push any buttons on your controller when the screen turns black and stays that way for 5 seconds. Don't do anything. You'll see a window showing up if you wanna keep that resolution setting if anything goes smoothly. Just choose: Yes.

MasterNeilson
11-09-2007, 05:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fruni:

Btw i dont really know what im talking about.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AC supports 720p on your Xbox 360 as long as your HDTV supports 720p.

The PS3's version of AC will be identical to the Xbox 360's version of AC.

The PS3 runs a little faster than an Xbox 360 and is a little more powerful, but it's hardly noticable anyway, the Blu-ray disks hold a lot more content than Dual Layer disks, thats the only real advantage.

And what your brother said is fanboy-ism.

Exassassin
11-09-2007, 05:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MasterNeilson:

Btw i dont really know what im talking about.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AC supports 720p on your Xbox 360 as long as your HDTV supports 720p.

The PS3's version of AC will be identical to the Xbox 360's version of AC.

The PS3 runs a little faster than an Xbox 360 and is a little more powerful, but it's hardly noticable anyway, the Blu-ray disks hold a lot more content than Dual Layer disks, thats the only real advantage.

And what your brother said is fanboy-ism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The PS3 does not have oné advantage over the Xbox 360 with Assassin's Creed. These versions are identical to each other, the Blu Ray won't do anything fancy compared to the 360 because they've added the exact amount of content on the DVD9. And from what I've read from the dev interviews the Xbox 360 has a slightly better AI because of the CPU, but I believe that's a lie.

b-busher
11-09-2007, 05:10 PM
Do we have to have this argument again?

Exassassin
11-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Do we have to have this argument again? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not starting a console war because I said the versions are identical to each other. If I were a fanboy, protecting my precious Xbox 360, I would have said that the Xbox 360 version is far more superior. I didn't do that, now did I? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif