PDA

View Full Version : What to get?

BallerOfTheX
02-01-2006, 03:22 PM
Hey I have previously owned IL2-Sturmovik and loved the game. I want to play it again but my friend lost his cd and when I had just the original I wasn't able to play online because there seemed to be no servers. I'm guessing the best series to get and where I can play online easily would be IL2-Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles Gold Pack. Please comment, thanks.

BallerOfTheX
02-01-2006, 03:22 PM
Hey I have previously owned IL2-Sturmovik and loved the game. I want to play it again but my friend lost his cd and when I had just the original I wasn't able to play online because there seemed to be no servers. I'm guessing the best series to get and where I can play online easily would be IL2-Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles Gold Pack. Please comment, thanks.

Waldo.Pepper
02-01-2006, 03:36 PM
In my opinion, there is an expected DVD coming that will offer a single install to get you current. I think I would wait, then get that when it is available. However, someone at UBI sales would likely visibly cringe if they heard me saying this as they would want the sale now, rather than later.

BallerOfTheX
02-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Thanks.

Skycat_2
02-01-2006, 03:51 PM
Yep ... the page for the DVD-ROM version has already been posted at the UbiSoft site in Finland(?) but not on the North America site yet or anywhere else that I have seen. The title of the DVD-ROM is "IL-2 Air Combat Collection" and is supposed to be released on Feb. 16 or 17. It will have Forgotten Battles, Ace Expansion Pack, Pacific Fighters, and -- I'm assuming here -- all patch content up to and including v4.03m which hasn't been released yet.

Pirschjaeger
02-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Gold pack, that is if you don´t wanna wait.

Fritz

BallerOfTheX
02-01-2006, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the help... I got more than expected and I will definately wait till the DVD-ROM if it's the full collection. I can expect the DVD-ROM to be $49.99 correct?