PDA

View Full Version : Oleg how about... automatic date & time stamping of Ntracks for BoB...

Bearcat99
05-22-2007, 08:13 PM
Is that possible for BoB? I was reading in another thread about Ntracks.. and it got me to thinking about the time I had to delete a few hundred of mine.. because I had allowed it to just get to big to manage... and I figured Id still be flying anyway.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

But how feasible is that to do for BoB?

Bearcat99
05-22-2007, 08:13 PM
Is that possible for BoB? I was reading in another thread about Ntracks.. and it got me to thinking about the time I had to delete a few hundred of mine.. because I had allowed it to just get to big to manage... and I figured Id still be flying anyway.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

But how feasible is that to do for BoB?

Philipscdrw
05-23-2007, 03:44 AM
Can't you tell when an ntrk was created by looking in the Records folder and examining the time&date of creation column?

But I like the idea. I'd like to be able to see the player-lists in Multiplayer. And to cycle backwards through the friendly and enemy aircraft external views. It's a bit tiresome to cycle through 15-odd aircraft to find the guy you were fighting.

In fact, how about an (optional) status bar at the edge of the screen, showing aircraft type, speed, height, pilot name, etc, like the one in LO-MAC?

Bearcat99
05-23-2007, 06:56 AM
Those are good ideas too.... as for the d & t stamp.. sure you can do that by going through explorer.. but it would be great if you could do it in the view tracks menu don't you think? I am wondering id=f a script can be written to take the eventlog info.. at least that part of it and place that in the track title screen instead of quick0000.ntrk....

BBB_Hyperion
05-23-2007, 09:10 AM
To refine your request you don't want timestamps but rather a sortable list after parameters cause as already was pointed out the files have indeed creation dates. This list should be sortable after categories etc. This question would go in my favorable direction a modable gui.

Additional i would ask for a movie editor for the cinematic parts . Using attached camera positions restricted in the game, setting up own situations(complete state control of machines and bullets etc). And of course having back the jump in trk like in original il2.

Daiichidoku
05-23-2007, 05:00 PM
yup.

only thing could make current ntrack better wouyld be reverse play

oh, and the ability to cut scenes based on time

Bearcat99
05-23-2007, 10:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB_Hyperion:
To refine your request you don't want timestamps but rather a sortable list after parameters cause as already was pointed out the files have indeed creation dates. This list should be sortable after categories etc. This question would go in my favorable direction a modable gui.

Additional i would ask for a movie editor for the cinematic parts . Using attached camera positions restricted in the game, setting up own situations(complete state control of machines and bullets etc). And of course having back the jump in trk like in original il2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No time stamps is what I want.... I know what I am asking... check this out...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWSensei:
The file renaming can be done in 13 lines of a batch file. No need for anything else.

---------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
@echo off
setLocal EnableDelayedExpansion
for %%? in (quick*.ntrk) do (
for /F "tokens=1-6 delims=/-: " %%A in ("%%~t?") do (
set MONTH=%%A
set DAY=%%B
set YY=%%C
set YEAR=%%C
set HOUR=%%D
set MIN=%%E
set AP=%%F
if "!AP!"=="PM" set /A HOUR += 12
ren %%~s? !YEAR!!MONTH!!DAY!-!HOUR!!MIN!%%~x?
)
)
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cut and paste that into notepad and save it to something like "rename.bat" into your tracks directory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is from the Brainstorming thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/2011035165/p/1) in the GD.

And it didnt even take long.... less than 24 hrs... it isnt exactly what I had in mind.. but it works...

BBB_Hyperion
05-24-2007, 12:33 PM
When Timestamps on the trks are enough for you. I though more about map location time condition and time shown ,)

Read the other thread of course it is very easy to rename the file. To insert the other data in this primitiv way it may be needed to hold a filewatcher on the eventlog file so when map changes info can be included in the file renaming and you can stor map , location , fuel , time etc in the filename.

UgoRipley
05-30-2007, 06:12 AM
Giving us the possibility of cutting long tracks into smaller ones from, say, frame X to frame Y would be a good tool.

BBB_Hyperion
05-30-2007, 10:04 AM
Hmm iirc you can just press record button while on playback and stop button when finished .