PDA

View Full Version : The mysterious crashes...oooooo

axlshot
06-12-2005, 07:17 AM
Hey, i've been having some fairly annoying crashes, as i was warned just before buying silent hunter.

i was just wonderin if the other people who all seem to be suffering from such crashes (and there appears to be quite a few) could just post up their PC's specs, just so i can try to see if there is a trend in them or sumthin.

Despite crashing...Silent Hunter pwn3s ***!! Best sub sim EVER...but im sure you already know that.

axlshot
06-12-2005, 07:17 AM
Hey, i've been having some fairly annoying crashes, as i was warned just before buying silent hunter.

i was just wonderin if the other people who all seem to be suffering from such crashes (and there appears to be quite a few) could just post up their PC's specs, just so i can try to see if there is a trend in them or sumthin.

Despite crashing...Silent Hunter pwn3s ***!! Best sub sim EVER...but im sure you already know that.

KDTimber
06-12-2005, 09:28 AM
I had some problem with crashes and lock ups. I think it was mainly because my graphic chip was running hot. High ambient temp here in Montreal in summer doesn't help.
I spent a bit of time working my graphic card set up until I found what ran best without crashing and still gave reasonble FPS.
Hope you get it worked out. It's worth the effort.

axlshot
06-12-2005, 11:24 AM
Yeah, it appears my crashes have escalated to the extent that i cant actually open the game now, it crashes before the main menu. I just hope that this is because of my pitiful 256 RAM and will be solved by my iminent upgrade....who knows.

Maybe it is my graphics card, i dunno really...I will make this bastard work if it kills me

Pv-
06-12-2005, 11:50 AM
axlshot,

Take a lookat the minimum and recommended specs for the game and see how close you are to them. SHIII will push even powerful systems to their limit. Viruses, Spyware, old drivers, limited memory (I consider 512 the minumum for games on any OS- Win98/XP) and dump as many programs from your auto-load and task bar as possible. Get rid of any "bundled" helper programs that AOL and commercial computer manufacturers distribute with their computers.
-Pv-

snowdawg1
06-12-2005, 02:19 PM
This what I am running on for the moment
Asus A7N8X2 Deluxe.
AMD Athlon XP-2800+.
1 GIG €"DDR 333 Mhz Ram.
Ati Radeon 9800 Pro.
Sound Blaster Audigy
Lg DVD/CDRW Burner.
I had some crashes at the beginning because of the wrong chipset drivers. But since I have fixed them the game runs very clean. No more crashes. Hope this helps.