PDA

View Full Version : How to guide

terbele
06-16-2007, 07:51 AM
Is there a guide buried somewhere that lists the steps to download missions created. I would like to try but noticed that most of the zip files do not give the explicit instructions where to place the different types of files. As a non techie, I am hesitant to try weithout that.

terbele
06-16-2007, 07:51 AM
Is there a guide buried somewhere that lists the steps to download missions created. I would like to try but noticed that most of the zip files do not give the explicit instructions where to place the different types of files. As a non techie, I am hesitant to try weithout that.

Zeus-cat
06-16-2007, 08:43 AM
All of my campaigns should have a readme that tells you where to put the campaign folder. You could try one of them.

For other stuff, do the following:

Download the zip file to a temporary folder. Unzip the contents of the zip file to the same folder.

Campaigns: Based on the country you are flying for, put the Campaign FOLDER into the
Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\Missions\Campaign\XX folder. XX stands for the specific country. DE = Germany, GB = Great Britian, UN = US Navy, etc.

Single Missions: Based on the country you are flying for, put the ???.properties and ???.mis (??? is the file name) files into the
Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\Missions\Single\XX\ZZ folder. Again XX stands for the specific country. DE = Germany, GB = Great Britian, UN = US Navy, etc. ZZ stands for the specific plane such as IL-2, P-47, etc (you may have to create a folder for the plane).

terbele
06-17-2007, 07:19 AM
How do you handle the "self extracting" zipped packages?

DKoor
06-17-2007, 07:56 AM
Very well...... if you have WinZIP or WinRAR then you have an option to make archive when you right click on the file.

And also.... you can "Open" that SFX (self extracting) archive by right clicking on it too (you have option to).

But SFXs are unnecessary IMO.... as many users do not install game in default loc.

Zeus-cat
06-17-2007, 09:29 AM
"How do you handle the self extracting zipped packages?"

You can have the self extracting file install the files into the proper folder (instructions should be provided by the creator), or extract them to a temporary folder and then move them like I told you earlier.