PDA

View Full Version : How will i Bare?

Kuoster
10-20-2004, 11:21 PM
wusup all,

Been following this baby for quite a bit, and man o man, i think i might just get it!

One thing though, how do you think a NVIDIA FX5700 256MB ULTRA bare against Pacific Fighters with almost all high settings?

Also, i know this might be dumb, but is the water just a completely smooth horizontal flat surface, just textured nicley with moving animations of waves, OR are they ACTUAL waves that rise above and come clashing over?

-Thanx in Advance!

Chuck_Older
10-21-2004, 05:28 AM
I have the same card.

I'm more worried about RAM than my video card. I run Il-2 Sturmovik:Forgotten battles with almost everything up all the way with no problem but I do get a stutter or two over large cities

With PF, I'd recommend lots of RAM over a new card, but that's just me.

The water is subjective.
No, you're not going to see all sorts of unique waves of varying height with white caps and troughs and rollers.

But you will see something more than just blue glass.

The config file contains some options for high-res water. I do not use high-res water as it is an FPS killer, but when I fly down the coast in Forgotten battles, there are waves lapping the beach, just the same

The_Ant
10-21-2004, 05:44 AM
Hi!

i got pf yesterday and it runs smooth in perfect in 1024*768*32 on my system with a fps of around 40.

My system is a Amd 3000+ 768mb ram,ati 9700 pro,Sb Audigy 1.

Yellonet
10-21-2004, 06:32 AM
CPU and RAM is the most important things for this sim, then the Graphics card.

3 GHz CPU and 1 Gb Ram is the recommended specifications.

Kuoster
10-21-2004, 04:21 PM
Aite, thanx for the replies. So bottom line is my card is up for the job, yet i still need to worry bout the cpu and ram. Yep, i foundi got VERY long loading times for LOMAC, yet my graphics were awesome, guessin this will b the same for PF

Lateralus_14
10-21-2004, 04:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The_Ant:
Hi!

i got pf yesterday and it runs smooth in perfect in 1024*768*32 on my system with a fps of around 40.

My system is a Amd 3000+ 768mb ram,ati 9700 pro,Sb Audigy 1. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does that mean that are performance optimizations in PF? Because I have a P4 2.8GHz, 1GB PC3200 RAM and a Radeon 9600XT, and my FPS on Perfect while looking at land and water is 20-25fps. I figured I could run Perfect with better FPS than that.

Barred
10-21-2004, 04:29 PM
Lateralus, your graphics card is your bottle neck.

PatrickjAk
10-21-2004, 04:50 PM
lateralus, i got the same card, a 9600xt. and i found that the main problem with bad fps is not the water but the land. i get good fps as long as im not near land. the closer im am to land the worse the fps. but out at sea. well im shootin a bit better.

oh..but this is for FBaces...not sure how im going to fair with PF..i got a week to wait to find out.