PDA

View Full Version : Is this game going to be Online(360)

Callum_140
02-08-2007, 02:39 PM
If it is what will it be like?

Nvm and why is it all the good games have to be ofline?

Callum_140
02-08-2007, 02:39 PM
If it is what will it be like?

Nvm and why is it all the good games have to be ofline?

The_Sphinx
02-08-2007, 02:42 PM
O dear..

WildDog9
02-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Quote ALL KNOWN FACTS STICKY.

- There is no online play. However, there is downloadable content.

cooldude6681
02-08-2007, 04:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Callum_140:
Nvm and why is it all the good games have to be ofline? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Because more disc space can be devoted to a longer campaign, that's why.

RetiredHatch
02-08-2007, 06:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cooldude6681:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Callum_140:
Nvm and why is it all the good games have to be ofline? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Because more disc space can be devoted to a longer campaign, that's why. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and instead of hardly working on the single-player and hardly working on the multiplayer they work extremely hard on the single-player which proves to be a better experience in the long run

crusade2007
02-08-2007, 07:17 PM
well, online play would be freakin awesome on this game. u could sneak up on ur friends and stab them trough the neck with ur switch blade. what's cooler than that?

WildDog9
02-08-2007, 08:40 PM
No online play is cooler than that. Let them work on AC, there is going to be AC2, AC3...maybe etc. Most likely just a trilogy, but you never know.

noobfun
02-09-2007, 06:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crusade2007:
well, online play would be freakin awesome on this game. u could sneak up on ur friends and stab them trough the neck with ur switch blade. what's cooler than that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

when/if online is introduced im hoping its gonna be co-op rather then player vs player

heres how player vs player would work

climb to the highest most hard to reach spot on map run around in circles so other player see's you wait for them to climb up and as they come over the parapet *spluuuurgg* they are dead you win .... woohoo rinse repeat. so it comes down to who can find the best spot fast then standing around long enough for the other player to get bored and come find you

crowd dynamics (the big next gen thing bieng pushed here) player 0% in it

co-op crowd dynamics would still be used and well i suppose you could sneak up on your friend who's sneaking up on the target and kill him for a laugh

HamasAirborne28
02-09-2007, 09:09 AM
i would wait till december if online came out if not then i would only wait till summer

bialover
02-09-2007, 03:15 PM
I think they could make it where someone is the assassin and the other person has to find you and stop you before they kill someone

Lhorkan
02-09-2007, 04:34 PM
They could get another dev team to make some sort of MP, like they did with Dark Messiah. The multiplayer keeps you playing so much longer than the SP, in my opinion. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

HamasAirborne28
02-15-2007, 05:17 PM
multiplayer is almost a must have for me cause i get bored of most offline games really reallly fast

Weagle One
02-15-2007, 05:54 PM
If you crave online games, why don't you try WoW, Dark Messiah, Dark Age of Camelot, EQ Series, Warhammer(to be released), and also Age of Conan(to be released).

Some of the best games made are 1 player. If you want to kill people, play Lost Planet, Gears of War, and Halo. That is what game like that were made for.

I won't be dissapointed if they make content available for online play. I just will not play it.

Anyways, just my 2 pennies. Peace.

XxKillabytexX
02-16-2007, 01:35 AM
Multiplayer would ruin assassins. "Noobfun" you are just like one of my friends he recons that you should be able to go around and assassinate the other online players....IT WOULD RUIN THE GAME.....Assassins isn't a game where you just run around and just kill whoever you want. Its a game about stealth and stratagey and thats how it should be kept. I really can't see them putting some kind of multiplayer in Assassins without ruining it.

assassin1994
02-16-2007, 05:25 AM
i lik AC in medieval times better cos de ova 2 games dat *** out after it (hopefully) are meant 2 be set in the present and future so dat kinda sucks.don't click this link... (http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=liammc12)

noobfun
02-16-2007, 05:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XxKillabytexX:
Multiplayer would ruin assassins. "Noobfun" you are just like one of my friends he recons that you should be able to go around and assassinate the other online players....IT WOULD RUIN THE GAME.....Assassins isn't a game where you just run around and just kill whoever you want. Its a game about stealth and stratagey and thats how it should be kept. I really can't see them putting some kind of multiplayer in Assassins without ruining it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lmao umm read?

i gave an example of player v's player and pointed out how ******ed it would be

i then pointed out that co-op would still make use of crowd dynamics (which is somthing the team have ploughed a lot of effort in to make it active and alive rather then the usual scrippted junk) so probabily a more realistic option of multi player then pointed out *if you were ******ed enough* you could probabily still sneak up and kill your team mate but thats kinda pointless

so you disagreed with me by saying pretty much the same thing i had already said? intresting way to argue a point ....... *cough* and imaginary friends dont count in arguments ^_^

simulacra
02-16-2007, 05:36 AM
Multiplayer does nothing but breed bad will and 12 year old kids who screams profanities over voip, in MP everything is about scores, and not the experience/story.

XxKillabytexX
02-18-2007, 01:25 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gifSorry mate I was tired at the time i ment Crusade2007. Anyway you didn't have to attack me like that ok.geeze.

XBfreak_101
02-18-2007, 01:28 AM
Well how do you expect him to react when you cannot read?

XxKillabytexX
02-18-2007, 01:33 AM
Did you Even read the post I just put up.

kierentod
02-18-2007, 02:37 PM
If there was a online play i couldnt amagine what it would be like . probably weird dont u think i mean how can online players assassinate each other in the way the trailer shows u ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

assassin1994
02-19-2007, 09:32 AM
well if it was online you could hav it as an 8 player map, where 4 assassins hav to kill a target and the 4 knights hav 2 protect the target?

XxKillabytexX
02-20-2007, 01:10 AM
crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrapy crapp crapp crapp....No offence I know it was just an idea. Sorry but it had to be said.

assassin1994
02-20-2007, 11:10 AM
ano, its ok, i just said it 2 kinda stop every1 else thinkin that there wud be a multiplayer, dat wud be crapp!

XxKillabytexX
02-21-2007, 02:47 AM
Yer its not that bad.

Like there are worse ideas out there.

assassin1994
02-21-2007, 10:48 AM
yeh lol

Claustraphobia
02-21-2007, 11:51 AM
There is no online play but there is downloadable content.

There is a little bit of hope of there being a multiplayer addon, they made a prototype, for more information watch a few interviews and blogs.

HamasAirborne28
02-23-2007, 12:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by simulacra:
Multiplayer does nothing but breed bad will and 12 year old kids who screams profanities over voip, in MP everything is about scores, and not the experience/story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...... then just dont play multiplayer but other people do

Stonewolf_AOD
02-23-2007, 05:32 PM
Here's an example of how online play could work:

4 Players on a map of any of the three cities. Players must find 1 target. They must, like in the single player, eavsdrop, pickpocket, or whatever for information on the target within the city. The first person to find and kill the target wins

You could also pull a strangly stealthy capture the flag if you wanted.

And last is a MMO. Have players sign on to a modem and play assassin missions with other assassins or by yourself. Sounds cool to me, but I dont care because I don't have online.

SB...
03-01-2007, 10:49 AM
Is there a real chance for a multiplayer addon?