PDA

View Full Version : About Carriers & Airstarts

Monson74
09-21-2005, 08:31 AM
Hi Oleg,

We have a problem with carriers set as airbases in dogfight missions - I don't believe this is a bug but merely an unintended feature - when they are destroyed the base turns into an airstart base - can this be changed? I have two ideas: Either the ability to make a carrier invincible or that the base disappears when the carrier is sunk - or even better: Both! It's not that I mind carriers being sunk - it's just that the respawn-feature doesn't work with ships far from land - this is a bug I believe - but it would be nice if the base disappeared together with the ship. Can you please take a look at it? Thank you in advance.

Regards

Monson74
09-21-2005, 08:31 AM
Hi Oleg,

We have a problem with carriers set as airbases in dogfight missions - I don't believe this is a bug but merely an unintended feature - when they are destroyed the base turns into an airstart base - can this be changed? I have two ideas: Either the ability to make a carrier invincible or that the base disappears when the carrier is sunk - or even better: Both! It's not that I mind carriers being sunk - it's just that the respawn-feature doesn't work with ships far from land - this is a bug I believe - but it would be nice if the base disappeared together with the ship. Can you please take a look at it? Thank you in advance.

Regards

Willey
09-24-2005, 05:53 AM
A little workaround:

Put this at the end of your mis file:

[RespawnTime]
Bigship 10
Ship 1800
Aeroanchored 1800
Artillery 1800
Searchlight 1800

Then the carriers should respawn quickly.

Monson74
09-24-2005, 07:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Willey:
A little workaround:

Put this at the end of your mis file:

[RespawnTime]
Bigship 10
Ship 1800
Aeroanchored 1800
Artillery 1800
Searchlight 1800

Then the carriers should respawn quickly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes they should but they don't - ships can only respawn when placed close to the shore.