PDA

View Full Version : Storm of War: BoB; Theaters of war

Daniel39363
09-01-2009, 10:12 PM
I haven't done a whole lot of research on it, but I was wondering, will this game only be set during the Battle of Britan, or will it be like il2 and have almost all theaters of war (War in the Pacific, North Africa etc.) Also, does anybody know approximately what date it will be released. I have heard late December 2009, and October 2010 so far, or are those people just pulling my leg. Thanks.

Daniel39363
09-01-2009, 10:12 PM
I haven't done a whole lot of research on it, but I was wondering, will this game only be set during the Battle of Britan, or will it be like il2 and have almost all theaters of war (War in the Pacific, North Africa etc.) Also, does anybody know approximately what date it will be released. I have heard late December 2009, and October 2010 so far, or are those people just pulling my leg. Thanks.

ImMoreBetter
09-01-2009, 10:18 PM
At first, it will be only the Battle of Britain. However, it is planned to expand into other theaters later, just as IL2 did.

IL2 started as an Eastern front ground pounding game. A lot has been added since then.

IIRC, it's set to come out late next year? There really hasn't been very much word on a specific time.

Waldo.Pepper
09-01-2009, 10:19 PM
At the present rate by the time we are dead it will be as comprehensive as Il-2.

Pigeon_
09-02-2009, 02:25 AM
From what I've read so far, I understand that the game engine will be very versatile, and the possibilities for expansions will be pretty much unlimited.

Feathered_IV
09-02-2009, 04:56 AM
Gaming history is filled with companies boasting the development of all-singing all-dancing game engines. The only secondary use they seem to have though is as beer coasters.

Plunkertx
09-02-2009, 11:29 AM
HAHAHAH you guys still thinking it's going to be released?! LOL.

PanzerAce
09-03-2009, 01:09 AM
I look at it this way: The first SOW game is known to BoB....yet renders have been posted of twin 'stangs and Mig-15s and F-84s http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

koivis
09-03-2009, 07:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PanzerAce:
I look at it this way: The first SOW game is known to BoB....yet renders have been posted of twin 'stangs and Mig-15s and F-84s http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is going to be a Korean war add-on possibly published right after BoB, made my Ilya's RRG Studios. However, the date is somewhere in late 2010...

VMF-214_HaVoK
09-03-2009, 09:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pigeon_:
From what I've read so far, I understand that the game engine will be very versatile, and the possibilities for expansions will be pretty much unlimited. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It will be scalable much like IL2 is. Meaning that with new hardware you will continue to see improvements. Even over a 7-10 year span. Pretty remarkable actually.

S!

Jaws2002
09-04-2009, 09:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Plunkertx:
HAHAHAH you guys still thinking it's going to be released?! LOL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The last laugh is going to be on you buddy. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

WholeHawg
09-04-2009, 10:10 AM
I heard it will be like the Easter Bunny Santa Clause and Mikey Mouse all in one.

And Ill leave it to the reader to deduce the attribute it shares with the 3 of those characters.

Treetop64
09-04-2009, 01:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
At the present rate by the time we are dead it will be as comprehensive as Il-2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! True! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif