PDA

View Full Version : Hansen's Fate? [SPOILERS]

Compassghost
05-11-2010, 10:46 AM
What happens to Ben Hansen?

For those of you who haven't read the books, he's the lead Splinter Cell trying to catch Sam Fisher in the novels and eventually works with Sam.

I noticed he had a VA in the credits and only saw him mentioned by name three times in co-op, as the Runner before being replaced by the woman in Mission 3 due to "security issues." Killed? Escaped? Simply reassigned?

I seem to have missed something.

Compassghost
05-11-2010, 10:46 AM
What happens to Ben Hansen?

For those of you who haven't read the books, he's the lead Splinter Cell trying to catch Sam Fisher in the novels and eventually works with Sam.

I noticed he had a VA in the credits and only saw him mentioned by name three times in co-op, as the Runner before being replaced by the woman in Mission 3 due to "security issues." Killed? Escaped? Simply reassigned?

I seem to have missed something.

secret777
05-11-2010, 10:59 AM
I think his been killed

DerSeeBaer
05-11-2010, 11:24 AM
if i remember correctly, there are 3 bodybags in kobins mansion...

GuZZ33
05-11-2010, 12:12 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif, wiki cell tidbits....

Who the hell is hansen? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif, just kidding.

Ben Hansen appeared in the novel version of Splinter Cell: Conviction as one of the Splinter Cell agents assigned to hunt down Sam Fisher. He appeared in the game as Archer and Kestrel's handler.

Ben Hansen was born in Fort Stockton, Texas. Nothing much it is known about his past, although it is implied that his father was a high school science teacher and a UFO lover. Hansen graduated from MIT and became a CIA analyst before being approached by Anna Grímsdóttir (3E's director in the novel), who recruited him into Third Echelon. He was transferred into the "Splinter Cell" program, where he was trained for 18 months before his departure. One of his drill instructors was Sam Fisher himself. Anna Grimsdottir gave Hansen Sam's Fairbairn Syles WWII-era commando dagger as a gift for "good luck"

2009: The Search for Sam Fisher...

Months before the hunt for Sam Fisher, Hansen received his first Splinter Cell assignement. Officially, he was tasked by Grímsdóttir to infiltrate Russia and recovering intel about a GRU officer. Unofficialy, she sent Hansen to investigate about links between Russian Government and NSA deputy director Nicholas Andrew Kovac. Unfortunately, Kovac was aware of Grim's operation and set up Agent Hansen: his own "field runner" tried to kill him but a unknown sniper shot him in the head just in time.

2011: Third Echelon Conpiracy...

Agent Hansen was Archer and Kestrel's commanding officer and handler during their takedown of Valentin Lesvosky.

Trivia... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Ben Hanson first appeared in [[Splinter Cell: Conviction (novel) and [[Splinter Cell: Endgame. He also appeared in the the game version as the handler of Archer and Kestrel for the first two missions.
According to the novel, Hansen is 25 years old.

Notes

It is unclear if the Conviction/Endgame novels are part of the same canon as the games or part of a parallel timeline. If it is part of the same chronology of the games its unclear how details take place in relationship to the game, Splinter Cell: Conviction (including the rise of Tom Reed, and Grim's position). Chronologically the game takes place two years after the novel.

So, what happened to hansen? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

SNSReaperSNS
05-11-2010, 05:19 PM
well one thing you forgot to mention was he ended up accepting a classified mission to take down the mole in his sam fisher hunting team at the end of the novel. so im guessing somewhere after that he was promoted to archer and kestrels handler. perhaps he got a bench job due to being wounded? and with as much dying happens in the splintercell story these days, my guess is Reed got to him.