PDA

View Full Version : How can Ezio be related to Alta´r?

SharkMRX
07-12-2009, 04:10 PM
I wonder how can Ezio be related to altair when he's not an assassin at first, i thought all the assassins grew up in the same community it's not that you just become one for fun right?

Alta´r was in the brotherhood, Ezio was not and Desmond is again in the brotherhood and they're all related to eachother.
Isn't this kind of strange?

SharkMRX
07-12-2009, 04:10 PM
I wonder how can Ezio be related to altair when he's not an assassin at first, i thought all the assassins grew up in the same community it's not that you just become one for fun right?

Alta´r was in the brotherhood, Ezio was not and Desmond is again in the brotherhood and they're all related to eachother.
Isn't this kind of strange?

Ezio_475
07-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Think of it like Desmond, he is an assassin, but he never knew it until he was captured. He had to learn how to become one later in his life because he wasn't trained earlier.

"Life is made by the death of others" - Leonardo Da Vinci

Charlie_Romeo
07-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Da vinci tells him that his father was an assassin and his grandfather and so forth so im thinking there is a certain age that a would be assassin will be told about it.

SharkMRX
07-12-2009, 04:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ezio_475:
Think of it like Desmond, he is an assassin, but he never knew it until he was captured. He had to learn how to become one later in his life because he wasn't trained earlier.

But Desmond grew up in a farm of the assassins and ran away so he could live freely.

[QUOTE] Da vinci tells him that his father was an assassin and his grandfather and so forth so im thinking there is a certain age that a would be assassin will be told about it.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes that could be a good explanation

caswallawn_2k7
07-12-2009, 04:27 PM
over the time differance between games and future anything is possible, by the sound of it eizo only becomes an assassin to avenge his family.

Charlie_Romeo
07-12-2009, 04:34 PM
yeah anything could happen in the future, leaveing the writers/game devs to be able to be creative

Tim1249
07-12-2009, 05:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SharkMRX:

Isn't this kind of strange? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not really, maybe altair's son wasn't part of brotherhood coz he didn't want to be. then mr nobleman ezio joined again coz his father got killed or wotever it wos. also u have to remember that the brotherhood wos having minor problems at end of ac 1

Assassins_Mead
07-12-2009, 06:16 PM
When Altair raced into Masyaf to do his "cleansing" of the Citadel, he probably scattered most of the Assassins in the process. I believe Ezio was only told of his lineage after his parents were taken captive.

SWJS
07-13-2009, 12:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SharkMRX:

Isn't this kind of strange? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I read that Altair, Ezio, and Desmond are all blood related, as in: They are all direct descendants/ancestors. They're all part of the same bloodline, family tree, etc.

EmperorxZurg
07-13-2009, 12:07 AM
Ya that's the whole reason we're able to view these memories thro desmond

Account_Deleted
07-13-2009, 02:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ezio_475:

"Life is made by the death of others" - Leonardo Da Vinci </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Desmond did know that he was a Assassin,
in some conversation with Lucy/Vidic, he tells them he's paretn's are assassins but he ran away from the compound to live in the city

obliviondoll
07-13-2009, 03:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim1249:
not really, maybe altair's son wasn't part of brotherhood coz he didn't want to be. then mr nobleman ezio joined again coz his father got killed or wotever it wos. also u have to remember that the brotherhood wos having minor problems at end of ac 1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
"Minor" problems?

"The grandmaster of the brotherhood won't be showing up tonight, on account of a slight case of DEATH"

A little more than "minor," right?

Zackebacke
07-13-2009, 03:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim1249:
not really, maybe altair's son wasn't part of brotherhood coz he didn't want to be. then mr nobleman ezio joined again coz his father got killed or wotever it wos. also u have to remember that the brotherhood wos having minor problems at end of ac 1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
"Minor" problems?
"The grandmaster of the brotherhood won't be showing up tonight, on account of a slight case of DEATH"

A little more than "minor," right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Gee, you sure are serious.

godsmack_darius
07-13-2009, 04:26 PM
I tohught Desmond KNEW he was an Assassin, because when Vidic says in the game "We know who you are...You are an Assassin"

Desmond then says "No I am not an Assassins...Not anymore"

So obviously he knew he was an Assassins
But Ezio opn the other hand doesnt know he is of Assassins Blood, but hopefully somewhere throughtout the game it will explain why he doesnt know he is of assassins blood and show us that Ezio finds out he is as well

caswallawn_2k7
07-13-2009, 04:38 PM
Ezio may not be a decendant of Altair, all that has to happen is him or one of his decendants end's up with oen of altairs decendants then the 2 blood lines cross leading to desmond.

altair and ezio dont have to be directly related for all it matters you could have it so desmonds mother is a decendant of ezio and his father is a decendant of altair, giving him the genetic memory of both but the 2 blood lines had never crossed till desmond was born.

UchihaKarasu
07-13-2009, 04:48 PM
It's already been said that Ezio is a descendant of Altair though.

Account_Deleted
07-14-2009, 12:17 AM
Some things are best untold
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
keep that in mind when it comes to thinking about Ezio finding the Codex and finding out he's family and stuff

revoltingbunny
07-14-2009, 03:19 AM
You know... It's highly likely that if Ezio got Altair's codex, they're directly related.

Atkamon
07-14-2009, 04:11 AM
I think the events at the end of AC1 probably put an end to the Assassins' brotherhood. Maybe even Altair himself kinda retires and goes somewhere to live peacefully and to have a family. And that's when he creates the Codex in hope, that sometime, someone will carry his actions on, and continues to fight for true peace.
But maybe he doesn't show the Codex to his son(s) and grandson(s), because he wants a happier life for them... and as the generations go on, his family moves to Italy, where Ezio is born.

SharkMRX
07-14-2009, 04:37 AM
But then an other guestion appears what the hell did he do with the piece of Eden. I don't think he just threw it away. At the end of the game Alta´r and Malik etc were almost drugged by its "beauty". Maybe he hided it?
Maybe he has written in the codex were its hidden?

Gazman16
07-14-2009, 04:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Atkamon:
I think the events at the end of AC1 probably put an end to the Assassins' brotherhood. Maybe even Altair himself kinda retires and goes somewhere to live peacefully and to have a family. And that's when he creates the Codex in hope, that sometime, someone will carry his actions on, and continues to fight for true peace.
But maybe he doesn't show the Codex to his son(s) and grandson(s), because he wants a happier life for them... and as the generations go on, his family moves to Italy, where Ezio is born. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Points for the most logical explanation. Its also mentioned that Ezio has eagle vision all his life, and that da vinci is a "family" friend. Its got to be his mother who is on the assassins side because it is also mentioned that his father doesnt know what the eagle vision is. Da vinci probably has possession of the codex, and also some information that his parents have kept secret. I can't wait to see how this all comes together in the game.

Atkamon
07-14-2009, 09:28 AM
But then an other guestion appears what the hell did he do with the piece of Eden. I don't think he just threw it away. At the end of the game Alta´r and Malik etc were almost drugged by its "beauty". Maybe he hided it?
Maybe he has written in the codex were its hidden? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well yeah, thats an interesting question too...

I'm sure it won't be so simple for the Abstergo people to find a Piece of Eden at one of the shown locations... There has to be a reason why Desmond has to use the Animus again.

UchihaKarasu
07-14-2009, 11:35 AM
Trade was a constant thing between Europe and the Middle East during the crusades. Venice received several imports from around the world and such. People often moved to Italy just like Christians moved to Israel. According to DNA, Da Vinci is of Arabic decent
Besides, Altair didn't need to be the one who moved to Italy. There is about 8 generations between him and Ezio. There was plenty of time in between for his descendants to migrate.

Zackebacke
07-14-2009, 11:54 AM
Remember, Altair doesn't have to be Ezio's father's father's father etc.
It could be like Altair's father's cousin's son's son etc? So Altair doesn't have to be a father.

Danvish
07-14-2009, 11:56 AM
I think you all forget a very important aspect of the game : The Templars.

It's said that they kept existing throughout the years 'till the present day of Desmond, and I'm sure they weren't too happy about what Altair did to them, so imo, as the Templars order kept existing, so did the Assassin Brotherhood. It's likely that Altair, and few other assassins survived, and they taught the ways of the Assassin to their sons, and in Altair case, all the way to Ezio. And it's said that when Ezio's family is killed, he's in his late teen, so I agree with the possibility that he had yet to reach the age where he'll learn how to become an assassin.

caswallawn_2k7
07-14-2009, 12:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zackebacke:
It could be like Altair's father's cousin's son's son etc? So Altair doesn't have to be a father. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
nope it has to be a direct decendant of altair or his ezio or his decendants have a child the the decendants of altair, if ezio came from altairs cousin he wouldnt be a follow on from altairs blood line so would not have the genetic memories passed on by altair to his decendants.

also it has been said desmond is working for the assassins in AC2. hence the change of location and possibly differant goal as they will be trying to stop the templars.

Danvish
07-14-2009, 12:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zackebacke:
It could be like Altair's father's cousin's son's son etc? So Altair doesn't have to be a father. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
nope it has to be a direct decendant of altair or his ezio or his decendants have a child the the decendants of altair, if ezio came from altairs cousin he wouldnt be a follow on from altairs blood line so would not have the genetic memories passed on by altair to his decendants.

also it has been said desmond is working for the assassins in AC2. hence the change of location and possibly differant goal as they will be trying to stop the templars. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeh, I read somewhere that this time, Desmond gets inside the Animus for a total different purpose.

Zackebacke
07-14-2009, 12:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
nope it has to be a direct decendant of altair or his ezio or his decendants have a child the the decendants of altair, if ezio came from altairs cousin he wouldnt be a follow on from altairs blood line so would not have the genetic memories passed on by altair to his decendants. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Omg, that's right. xD