PDA

View Full Version : Enough please.

Mr_Zooly
07-10-2008, 02:07 PM
I am a little tired about hearing everyones opinions about the various mods, OK I admit that it is interesting but do we really need to hear sooo many moans and soap box whinings?
you either like it or you dont however its kind of like people complaining about a TV program, if you are offended then SWITCH OFF and dont watch but dont go on about it.
If you like it then fine but do we really need to hear you harping on about it?
Please just read the sticky regarding modifications and lets all get on shall we/can we?
So much has been said/typed so far and maybe its time we accepted that this is how things are and they aint gonna change soon (bit like fuel prices).
PS
Notice that I didnt give my feelings about the situation? thats because its not really relevant or important what my opinion is.

Mr_Zooly
07-10-2008, 02:07 PM
I am a little tired about hearing everyones opinions about the various mods, OK I admit that it is interesting but do we really need to hear sooo many moans and soap box whinings?
you either like it or you dont however its kind of like people complaining about a TV program, if you are offended then SWITCH OFF and dont watch but dont go on about it.
If you like it then fine but do we really need to hear you harping on about it?
Please just read the sticky regarding modifications and lets all get on shall we/can we?
So much has been said/typed so far and maybe its time we accepted that this is how things are and they aint gonna change soon (bit like fuel prices).
PS
Notice that I didnt give my feelings about the situation? thats because its not really relevant or important what my opinion is.

thefruitbat
07-10-2008, 02:20 PM
No one is forcing you to read posts on this subject. if you don't want to hear about this stuff, don't read the posts concerning it.

fruitbat

stugumby
07-10-2008, 02:21 PM
And your point has already been posted weeks/months ago....best thing about all this agitation and manipulation is the exchange of information that has taken place. Regardless of point of view its pointless, in fact the situation is best described as "turkish" a classic case of responsibility not being backed by authority and of course the means of imposing punishment.

skarden
07-10-2008, 02:29 PM
your sick of threads about mods so you start a thread about mods. mmmk http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">if you are offended then SWITCH OFF and dont watch </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Urufu_Shinjiro
07-10-2008, 02:39 PM
I get where you're coming from, I think this has been building for some time and now that we can finally talk about the mods here we're all unloading, lol. It'll calm down soon.

skarden
07-10-2008, 02:48 PM
+1 Urufu nailed it i think ,it will calm down.you dont have to read the post's true(soz if that seemed a bit rude,morning here too),but dont dismiss your own opinion on it.disscuison will bring a better understanding of it all.

or possibly a flame war http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Choctaw111
07-10-2008, 02:57 PM
This sim has been out for 7 years. That is a long time. Oleg has moved on.
This a still a great sim for how old it is.
It was only a matter of time (and the code was broken before) till Il2 was going to be modded by the community.
Whether you like it or you don't, modding is here.
If you don't like it, then don't mod it and don't fly on servers that allow mods.
If you do like it, then enjoy it for all it's worth.
Either way, everyone should be happy. Mods or no mods, everyone gets what they want. We make our own choices, just like you.
I have yet to fly on HL with modded version. Someday I might. It is nice to have a choice.

Mr_Zooly
07-10-2008, 03:00 PM
you put it more succinctly than I ever could but you are saying what I tried to http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

LEXX_Luthor
07-10-2008, 03:34 PM
CHOCKTAW:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This a still a great sim for how old it is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Even un-modded, this World War 2 sim has NEVER been bettered by anything else in a general sense, probably because nobody would even try. In fact, I can't think of one competing WW2 "general" sim that survived over the time period of this sim. By general, I mean offering something for everybody -- offline players and online players without charging them a Monthly Fee.

JSG72
07-10-2008, 03:49 PM
I am gobsmacked at the fact that that there are and have been Mods.

I am very pleased. That some have taken the time to develop these Mods.

Being an avid IL2 fan (Offline) I was missing the Updates we have had for this Sim. And all the speculation/anticipation that used to be generated.
So hearing about things that can be acheived nowadays. Is music to my ears. I only wish I had a bigger Harddrive to accomodate all these enhancements. Sanctioned or not.They can only make my great wished for SIM even better. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

IL2. The reason I bought a computer in the first place. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Choctaw111
07-10-2008, 06:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
CHOCKTAW:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This a still a great sim for how old it is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Even un-modded, this World War 2 sim has NEVER been bettered by anything else in a general sense, probably because nobody would even try. In fact, I can't think of one competing WW2 "general" sim that survived over the time period of this sim. By general, I mean offering something for everybody -- offline players and online players without charging them a Monthly Fee. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I meant LEXX. Oleg has done such a great job on it, that it is still the best by far, unmodded.
I remember finding Il2 on the internet in 2001 while surfing for CFS stuff. I had no idea what it was but I sure found out in a hurry. I have been an huge Il2 fan ever since. Nothing can touch it.

heywooood
07-10-2008, 06:50 PM
from what I've seen looking around over there it looks to me like some very big fans of this sim have worked hard to enhance it - dramatically I must say - in the face of tremendous personal attacks and disrespect from TWO sides...

those here that disagree with the use of the broken .sfs file to make the mods possible AND from those who would insist they use their modding capability to create online cheats...

caught in the middle they are - and seemingly trying to retain a hard line of modding only cosmetic enhancements like 'pits and maps and sounds along with some new flyable planes etc...all the while making the effort to resist actively the people who would seek to circumvent fairplay in the ultimately meaningless online gaming arena.

Again for the record I have resisted taking any of the mods for myself due to my own stubborn position - which I won't apologise for or regret no matter how much better they make Il2 look...it is good enough for me the way it is.

(But if there is even the slightest wink from Oleg I'm on these like a hungry hound dog on a bicuit...some of the work is out f'n standing)

I know how much you guys at AAA want to share your stuff with the community at large - it comes through in every thread over there...but some people will always resist what goes against their grain (whatever that is) some loudly and some quietly.
Its really too bad that so many harsh words have been traded, I know I used a few...especially since we all have the same essential interest in flight simming in general and this sim in particular.

Just so you know - you have made it extremely hard for me to resist your work - you HAVE made improvements in Il2 that cannot be ignored and must be acknowledged no matter how a person feels about the method by which you have done it.

SlowBurn68
07-10-2008, 07:18 PM
I'm just glad the FMB menu navigation has been fixed.

WTE_Galway
07-10-2008, 07:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
Even un-modded, this World War 2 sim has NEVER been bettered by anything else in a general sense, probably because nobody would even try. In fact, I can't think of one competing WW2 "general" sim that survived over the time period of this sim. By general, I mean offering something for everybody -- offline players and online players without charging them a Monthly Fee. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now what would be nice (though unlikely) is if some of the better quality legitimate mods/new maps somehow got "approval" and made it into the final 4.09 release so that 4.09 could form a new base standard everyone could agree to work with online and off.

heywooood
07-10-2008, 07:23 PM
thats what I would like to see - ofcourse it would spur all new dialogue about the mods that made it in - vs the ones that didn't - and we would be right back (almost) to where we started...they need to just publicly release the rights and walk away...

Its too late now for anything else I imagine

SlowBurn68
07-10-2008, 07:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Now what would be nice (though unlikely) is if some of the better quality legitimate mods/new maps somehow got "approval" and made it into the final 4.09 release so that 4.09 could form a new base standard everyone could agree to work with online and off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I don't think so - That would make too much sense.