PDA

View Full Version : FB (FM,DM) + WWIIRTS TOW (3Dengine and Landscape) = 6 month + 2 weeks SOW BOB

Tte.Costa
05-12-2006, 09:38 AM
Callme crazy, but after reading all the forums of diferents simm communities and Oleg´s comentaries I´ve arrived to this presentiment.
Do you think I´m 100% wrong?
All coments welcome.

Saludos Tte. Costa.

P.S: Don´t take me wrong. If I´m right I think it´s a great combination.

Tte.Costa
05-12-2006, 09:38 AM
Callme crazy, but after reading all the forums of diferents simm communities and Oleg´s comentaries I´ve arrived to this presentiment.
Do you think I´m 100% wrong?
All coments welcome.

Saludos Tte. Costa.

P.S: Don´t take me wrong. If I´m right I think it´s a great combination.

chris455
05-13-2006, 01:30 PM
Well, maybe, but I think you may have overlooked
ˆ"*u = "u = n ˆ i = 1 ˆ"2u/ˆ"xi2 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

I'm looking forward to BOB possibly more than any sim release ever. It only pains me that the NG issue may insure that no US aircraft will be made for the already-hinted-at ("BOB only the beginning") add-ons.
Let's hope we're all pleasantly surprised.

FritzGryphon
05-13-2006, 02:17 PM
BoB has been in development over 2 years, and WWIIRTS is made by a different developer.

It just happens to look similar as they use the IL-2 engine and have traded some 3d models with MG.

E=MC² it's not.

mazexx
05-14-2006, 01:36 AM
Well, I don't think that your idea is silly. Theatre of War (or Battlefield Command or WWII RTS or that other name it had) was supposedly developed using the IL2 engine by another 1C company with some help from Oleg. I first heard of it in 2003 (or maybe 2002). It has thereby been in development in the same time as BoB. They have supposedly shared some 3D models for joint benefits.

After the TOW team (called Battlefield Command then) quit their cooperation with Codemasters there was a long delay before new screenshots where shown. Then they suddenly looked a lot less like the old IL2 engine and they seemed to be less complex but in a way better looking. Different... Hmm...

That would fit for a flight simulator. If I was Oleg and another company was using my engine to make it more detailed for land combat and computer hardware gets better to the point where this much higher level of detail is possible for a flight simulator I would think twice about using it. Both games would benefit from it... Something that really differs in TOW from the IL2 engine are the shorelines, heard that somewhere? They also have a massive amount of high detail vehicles. Good to have?

Not that I am really thinking that this is the case, but I don't exclude the possibility. It would also open up a theoretical possibility of joining the two games in multiplayer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Yes it sounds obsurd but why not? It IS possible... Think of it. Ground warfare controlled via the TOW game and the air warfare controlled through BoB. Mmm... Dreaming is always fun.

/Mazex

Tte.Costa
05-14-2006, 09:54 AM
That´s the point mazexx!

Thanks to explained better than me in a perfect and understandable English.
November 2006 relase date it´s what make me think ,and some screenshoots ( tank in a grass field shown in Airwarfare Oleg´s interview ) that looks very similar to WWII rts,that most of the work is allredy done.

Saludos Tte.Costa.