PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst things about each AC game (ACR SPOILERS)

roostersrule2
12-12-2011, 07:58 PM
AC1 Best-The atmosphere, the first time I went to Damascus and the music started playing it was just awesome.

AC1 Worst-The first time I played it I didn't notice the repetition but through my second and third time playing it got boring.

AC2 Best-The story, it was amazing a young noble turned assassin to seek revenge on his fathers and brothers. It never gets old I've replayed it so many times I think it's around 10.

AC2 Worst-I guess the worst thing that I can think of is very minor and I only noticed it after I read it somewhere that the characters look like clay a bit. (I know it's super minor and it didn't worry me but it's the only flaw with AC2)

ACB Best-Gameplay additions and Multiplayer, The new things like recruits, crossbow and Leonardo Missions were great and added a lot of replay ability. As for the multiplayer it's brilliant and is really unique.

ACB Worst- At times it feels rushed but in saying that I loved it and this is a very rare occasion.

ACR Best-Altair and the hookblade, the Altair missions were short but great. When you play one straight after the other you see them connect and you see Altair's whole life. The hookblade is the best new weapon in AC yet it helps so much in combat and navigation.

ACR Worst-No it's not Den Defence its how we got no info on S16 and the bugs. First of all 16 he gave us so may riddles and puzzles and never explains any of them, hopefully he's not deleted and explains himself in some DLC as they're are trailers that how Desmond in rooms we never saw in ACR (like the one with all the blood and writing). Now the bugs they're is not as much as Skyrim but still annoying. In the past AC games I only found about 5 games but in ACR I found about 10 in my first hour playing. Some are funny like when I hit a guard and he flew halfway up Galata Tower. The good thing is none are game breaking the bad thing is that this is showing how the yearly releases are affecting it.

Now post your best and worst for AC games.

Sarari
12-12-2011, 08:14 PM
AC1 best: Atmosphere, story introduction and writing.
AC1 worst: Ummm....I guess repetitiveness.

AC2 best: Gave us more in depth on the character and the feeling of Venice was great.
AC2 worst: The texture. They looked like clay and very cartoonish. Also I hate fighting guards in that game.

ACB best: The kill streaks.
ACB worst: I don't wanna start on that....

ACR best: Altair missions, the city atmosphere, the viewpoints, the hookblade, and the soundtrack.
ACR worst: Wasn't really a revelation for nothing was explained to us except the meaning of nothing is true, everything is permitted. And Altair missions were very short. I expected more from Ubi.

rileypoole1234
12-12-2011, 08:19 PM
For the love of God please stop saying that were no revelations in ACR. There were plenty of them. I don't understand why people think there wasn't any.

SolidSage
12-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Creed games share a lot of similarities that are the best thing about the series, like the combat and free running, so I will identify the other best and worst things.

AC
B: The interconnecting landscape and riding the horse between the cities.
W: Desmond not being able to leave the labs.

AC2
B: The advancing of hand to hand combat (no weapon), armor upgrades, villa repair.
W: Ummm?

Brotherhood
B: Multiplayer, parachute, recruits, tombs, exotic gameplay.
W: Horse riding in the city, because of how it altered the landscape and detracted fromthe free running.

Revelations
B: Hookblade, tower contention (not den defense).
W: Shortness.

tarrero
12-12-2011, 09:05 PM
AC1

Best: Atmosphere, setting, plot, coolest guards and templars by far.
Worst: Repetitiveness; eavesdrop, interrogate and beat x9

AC2:

Best: most beautiful city do date (Venice) huge upgrade in terms of gameplay and background of the main character, cool story and missions, tombs, good looking armors, swords, soundtrack etc etc etc, BEST AC HANDS DOWN!!!

Worst: Huge mistake actually, cannot replay those memories, let alone copy/store the data and the absence of the true "brotherhood" vibe.

ACB

Best: Replay Missions, The destruction of the Villa, combat, Ezio plain robes, Siege of Viana,Castel saint angelo, my favorite building on the series.

Worst: Ehh, Rome feels dull and rushed, I liked the ruins, but the centro district was just ugly, I did not like the templars, nor the story, I guess AC2 rised the bar so high.
Worst or less good of the series to me.

ACR

Best: Constantinople is such an upgrade from Rome, cool guards and templars, Altairīs Missions, and I include the Key Missions, which are AWESOME!!!! liked the soundtrack and ending alot also.
Better story than Brotherhood also and better game in fact.

Worst: They invested to much time developing bombs and denīs defense, which I did not like that much, the side missions are boring and the main story is kinda short.

kriegerdesgottes
12-12-2011, 09:14 PM
AC
B: Concept, historical accuracy, freedom.
W: Can't skip through cutscenes.

AC2
B: Story, historical accuracy, freedom.
W: NOT REPLAYABLE WTF!?

Brotherhood
B: Colosseum.
W: too short, lack of freedom,<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Cristina dies</span> .

Revelations
B: Constantinople, Learning Altair's fate
W: too short, lack of freedom(desynching for not being stealthy).

One thing I love about all of them is the historical aspect of the games. I buy them primarily for that. If this was a game in modern times with just some guy looking for an ancient artifact I would've stopped after the first one.

The worst thing about all of them is the absolute lack of replay value them unfortunately have. You collect everything do the little side missions/story and you're back to walk around killing people and free-roaming which can be fun for a while but it needs better SP replay value.

SolidSage
12-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Tarrero, you make a good point. Mission replay/ DNA strand manipulation, has to be the single best feature added after AC1.

naran6142
12-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by SolidSage:
Creed games share a lot of similarities that are the best thing about the series, like the combat and free running, so I will identify the other best and worst things.

AC
B: The interconnecting landscape and riding the horse between the cities.
W: Desmond not being able to leave the labs.

AC2
B: The advancing of hand to hand combat (no weapon), armor upgrades, villa repair.
W: Ummm?

Brotherhood
B: Multiplayer, parachute, recruits, tombs, exotic gameplay.
W: Horse riding in the city, because of how it altered the landscape and detracted fromthe free running.

Revelations
B: Hookblade, tower contention (not den defense).
W: Shortness.

TBH that was the thing it hated most about ACB, the horses

they just get in the way all the time

and ya, nothing bad to say about AC2.

music = great
enviroment = great
story = great
just a good feel to it...

best in the series, IMO

DavisP92
12-12-2011, 10:52 PM
AC
B:combat, stealth, story (immersion), preparation, locations,
W: after beating the game, u can't skip cutscenes.

AC2
B: Hand-to-hand combat, story for Ezio
W: Stealth somewhat went away, no preparation really

ACB
B: idea of recruits, and multiplayer (Coop would have been better)
W: story, combat (difficulty), stealth, recruits, too short, sync system, no preparation

ACR
B: New setting, new characters
W: Old characters didn't even appear, Altair was rushed, too short, sync system, no preparation

value_zero
12-13-2011, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

W: too short, lack of freedom,

The game had 40-50 hours of gameplay, y no play the side missions, did challenges or any of that?

ProdiGurl
12-13-2011, 08:27 AM
ACII:

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Best:</span> Long Game, good story, Ezio more personable & fun (includes Leonardo), Lots of Targets & good missions, Codex Page gathering,
water/boat travel a nice change.

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Worst:</span> the Racing, graphics kinda funky (horses ran awkwardly, mouths looked odd on some characters, facial colors/textures..), didn't care for soundtrack, didn't care for some of the Cities (mountains/Forli) & doing the Viewpoints around the outskirts, puzzle glyphs completely confusing - got cheats which made them less significant)
Didn't like having to travel back to Monterg. so often - kinda wierd w/ the mother in the same bedroom not saying a word the whole game.

ACB:

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Best:</span> Graphics, Ezio's Garb, Great Soundtrack, Rome/one big sprawling city, Kill Streak & Sim. Tutorials, Assassin Recruiting, decently long game, some really awesome missions, lots of side missions, horses.

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Worst:</span> Story seemed lacking, too difficult as an AC Noob, very long, tedious Lairs, some syncs a little annoying.

ACR:

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Best:</span> Less restrictive Missions, very fun missions, Stalkers, Graphics nice (tho less vibrant), good humor, sync's more reasonable & attainable, mature Ezio character, Yusuf, Good Soundtrack, Bombs, Ziplines, hookblade: faster climbing, longer jumps, hook & run. Master Assassins, separate Dens, better Recruiting, Eagle Sense.

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Worst:</span> Den Defense (too hard/confusing), lack of Story intensity/mystery outside a few segments near the end, Less main & side missions, Factions played less of a role, Characters not built up enough, "bosses" killed too easily/too quick,

I'm sure I forgot some things in each category and none of the things in the Worst category were enough to make me dislike any of the games at all.
Just things I preferred less, but love it just the same for its other good qualities.

YuurHeen
12-13-2011, 08:34 AM
ac1
B: Assassin vibe and story, feel was real and mature.
W: time it takes after you saved someone from the gaurds. you can save about 7-8 each time and they say the same thing.

ac2
B: That the events are spread over 20 years ingame and more Mystery was added about the twcb and glyps
W: almost all characters were cliche, cheesy or just childish, especially leonardo, the whole italy vibe, quests like pick up the box and walk that have nothing to do with assassins or anything thats fun, the story was chosen above gameplay and then the story was weird.

ACB
B: Gameplay was more fun. recruits were fun.
W: story was bad, leonardo s*cked even more and gave you missions that also didnt make much sense, the 100% sync.

ACR
B, story finally made sense and was nice. altairs story was nice. better looks. assassin recruit missions had a nice touch.
W: didnt had to pay much effort for recruits, dens + templer awareness didn't feel like they worked but you can ignore them anyway.

luckyto
12-13-2011, 10:04 AM
ACB worst: I don't wanna start on that....

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

SixKeys
12-13-2011, 04:00 PM
AC1
Best: The atmosphere, hands down.
Worst: Not being able to skip cut scenes.

AC2
Best: The story.
Worst: Not being able to replay memories, the graphics looking shiny and plastic.

ACB
Best: The improvements they made on already existing concepts, multiplayer.
Worst: The story was a bit less involving than AC2.

ACR
Best: The graphics.
Worst: Shortness, bland story and characters. And Den Defense.

ProdiGurl
12-13-2011, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by luckyto:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ACB worst: I don't wanna start on that....

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

lol

kriegerdesgottes
12-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by value_zero:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

W: too short, lack of freedom,

The game had 40-50 hours of gameplay, y no play the side missions, did challenges or any of that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's nowhere near 40-50 hours. I actually don't include side missions like racing and assassination missions when I say it's too short. I am talking about the campaign by itself but even with the side missions the game is nowhere near 40-50 hours.

Animuses
12-13-2011, 05:03 PM
Assassin's Creed
Best: Atmosphere, story, combat, free-roaming, knocking out/killing beggars, freedom
Worst: Repetition, Uselessness of the kingdom, Altair losing his abilities, lack of variety

Assassin's Creed II
Best: The whole freakin' game, Atmosphere, story, combat, free-roaming, soundtrack, archetypes, new moves, double hidden blade, LEONARDO, Carnevale, CREDITS!!!!!, codex pages
Worst: Dumbed down AI, Strange time gaps, both sword fights with Rodrigo

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Best: Poison darts, execution streaks, improved combat on horseback, throwing spears, Pantheon, Castel Sant'Angelo, borgia towers
Worst: 100 % synch, annoying renovations, story not up to par, war machine missions, BAM, too short, sequence 8, horsemen, crossbowmen, gunmen, seekers, when guards grab, shop quest, Rome became boring/dull easily, Templars weren't Templars, not a single good assassination, too many tailing missions

Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Best: Constantinople, hookblade, Eagle Sense, master Assassin mission, awesome glitches, Ezio's relationship with Sofia, Janissaries, Shahkulu's asassination, Yusuf, Ezio's Cappadocia outfit, Recruit missions
Worst: Den Defense, horse carriage mission, parachute mission, 100% synch, Altair missions, Abbas, too short, Abbas, lack of Malik, Abbas, Altair's robes,not many NPC faces, rushed game, Eagle Sense as L3, Abbas, renovations, lack of ability to lower Templar Awareness

JumpInTheFire13
12-13-2011, 05:42 PM
AC:
Best - The atmosphere/setting and the story. The fact that you had to research you're target and the details about his location before you assassinated him. And that it was the introduction to my favourite series ever.
Worst - Never really noticed it until after I played AC2, but the missions are very repetetive. Also that you can't swim.

AC2:
Best - Everything! The story is incredible. The cities are beautiful. I liked that you went from Florence to Monteriggioni to San Gimignano to Forli to Venice, unlike in the original where there was so much jumping around from place to place. Being able to swim was a plus. All the sidemissions. And just the way this game made you feel. The music was absolutely perfect for the setting and the story and I think this game is the standard for all other games.
Worst - Nothing

ACB:
Best - Once again, the atmosphere. I didn't like it at first because it wasn't like AC2, but Rome is a beautiful city. The countryside areas are amazing. Although I hated it at first, I began to like that parts of the city were block off until a later sequence. It interrupted my flag collecting, but it was so cool to see a totally new area as you progressed through the story.
Worst - At first the game felt overwhelming because I sucked at killing the Borgia Captains so I couldn't unfog the map. The story was a bit weak compared to its predecessors as well.

ACR:
Best - Seeing Ezio still kicking *** even in his 50's. The hookblade was cool because you could climb a lot faster and I like the counter-steal move. Bombs were fun, but unnecessary. And Yusuf was awesome. The last two sequences were amazing.

Worst - Altair was basically a reskinned Ezio. I hated how Ubi seemed to cater more to newbs to the series instead of diehard fans. When did Altair learn the climb leap move, or execution streaks? Diehard fans know that he could never do that, but Ubi likes the newbs better and says "We don't want the wondering why Ezio can do this but not Altair, so we'll just let Altair do these moves and make it completely inaccurate to the AC story." The game was also way too short, and Sofia, Yusuf, and Subject 16 could have been fleshed out so much more to make it truly incredible. But instead, they were essentially "flat characters." *EDIT* I forgot to say, Revelations only had one Assassin Tomb-like memory. Or two, if you count the DLC. Those memories were so awesome in AC2 and ACB.

Well, my rave of AC2 and rant of ACR is over. Peace.

Sarari
12-13-2011, 05:55 PM
I think I'd like to change mine a bit...

AC1
Best: Atmosphere, story, fighting, rooftop free roams were awesome, kingdom, fighting animations, and how the templar soldiers looked and killing those pesky templars around the cities.
Worst: Finding flags (addicting and couldn't stop), repetition, lack of various colors, quite bland sometimes, and the slow climbing made it pointless to use to escape.

AC2
Best: Ezio's story, more in depth with characters, Venice, Leonardo, more touching, Monteriggioni, and the unique variation between each assassination.
Worst: Fighting, the graphics, the beginning was very boring especially during replay, couldn't replay an missions, the corny Italian accent the guards had (they sounded very goofy at times), having a fist fight with a 50-60 year old pope was cliche, and boring free roam after game is finished.

ACB
Best: Kill streaks were fun..at first, graphics were improved, great way to start off a game with fighting, the ruins, and the Colosseum at night, man was that amazing.
Worst: I will actually make a list this time....be prepared....
1. Short
2. Annoying renovations
3. Horses
4. Da Vinci memories were very difficult with 100% sync and it felt so out of the whole history aspect.
5. Became very unrealistic
6. Ezio became Beowulf, Jesus, Superman, and Chuck Norris combined
7. Had to stay in one city
8. Rome's orange red color after destroying each Borgia tower
9. Armor of Brutus was ugly
10. 'City of Rome' played to much and I started to barf every time I heard it.
11. Writing was terrible

ACR
Best: Hookblade, Constantinople, taking over dens, Ezio's new robes, diverse crowds, the colors the people wore, Janissaries, Grand Bazaar, Hagia Sofia, Altair memories, free running, hook and run, a little better story than ACB, and the no armor glitch.
Worst: Short, Altair memories were short, assassins kept helping you in Altair missions, the cliche and corniness of the writing, the ending, sequence 8 was stupid and lame "Ezio! Help!" "SOFIA!! HANG ON!!", Eagle sense, the new fighting animations, Malik wasn't there, and stayed in Masyaf only with Altair.

SupremeCaptain
12-13-2011, 06:18 PM
AC1
Best - Altair. Combat and freedom. Climbing is fluid.
Worse - Takes too long to get to the assassination, although it's worth it.

AC2
Best - Feels completely new, Ezio growing up. Way more variety, new weapons.
Worse - No mission replays.

ACB
Best - The final mission, the Borgia Captains "For the Borgia!" and the "dress like a guard" missions.
Worse - Climbing is frustrating, "Jump there, Ezio! No not ther-- Oh you are dead." 100% synch heavily impacted my sense of freedom.

ACR
Best - Music and the Janissaries.
Worse - Poor plot, climbing is still frustrating (though not as much), promised many things but got nothing, false promises to get fans hyped, untested game, 100% returned, gameplay kinda got old, Ezio turned homicidal, Altair has a different voice and face (unable to relate to my favourite character in the series)

*sigh* http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

ProdiGurl
12-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
For the love of God please stop saying that were no revelations in ACR. There were plenty of them. I don't understand why people think there wasn't any.

You're going to have to make a new signature with the list of Revelations
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Jumpinthefire
Worst - Altair was basically a reskinned Ezio. I hated how Ubi seemed to cater more to newbs to the series instead of diehard fans.

And if you think about it, this is the end of a Trilogy, finishing up a story, it's actually the worst time to cater to noobs imo.
Die hard fans are going to be the ones picking that last story up to continue the series.

That was a good point

Sarari
12-13-2011, 07:44 PM
I have to agree with SupremeCaptain. The climbing in AC1 was more fluid.

I also hate the fact that they made Altair look like a skinned version of Ezio. He fought like him, his dialogue sounded like his at times, and worst part is, he was glitched and wasn't worked on so much.

First he didn't have the dagger, and if you're telling me it's not a big deal, I think it is. Not only because we can't play as him with the dagger, but because Ubisoft knows that they'll get away with being lazy and just not wanting to add the dagger because it takes some time.

Really though, I have this gut feeling that Ubisoft is taking advantage of the fans. I'm not trying to make an effort to get a riot going on or whatever, but this is just how I feel.

And if there was any misunderstanding about this, I mean that they can just leave stuff out and know that we'll be fine with it because we are all die hard fans.

Dagio12
12-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:

I also hate the fact that they made Altair look like a skinned version of Ezio. He fought like him, his dialogue sounded like his at times, and worst part is, he was glitched and wasn't worked on so much.

First he didn't have the dagger, and if you're telling me it's not a big deal, I think it is. Not only because we can't play as him with the dagger, but because Ubisoft knows that they'll get away with being lazy and just not wanting to add the dagger because it takes some time.

Really though, I have this gut feeling that Ubisoft is taking advantage of the fans. I'm not trying to make an effort to get a riot going on or whatever, but this is just how I feel.

And if there was any misunderstanding about this, I mean that they can just leave stuff out and know that we'll be fine with it because we are all die hard fans.

come on now Sarari.. just because the game isnt exactly like you want, doesnt mean that they are lazy. Considering that they are given a one year turn around time.. i think its safe to say that they are anything but lazy.

LightRey
12-14-2011, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by SF2themax:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

come on now Sarari.. just because the game isnt exactly like you want, doesnt mean that they are lazy. Considering that they are given a one year turn around time.. i think its safe to say that they are anything but lazy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Indeed. I'm quite sure they've been working basically non-stop ever since they started on the AC series. They obviously put a lot of work in ACR. Just because You're discontent doesn't mean that they haven't done an adequate job. It just means that they didn't do what you would've liked them to do, but since you seem to think that AC1 was best and every sequel was (relatively) worse than its predecessor, it seems it's not so much related to their work as it is to your opinion.

kriegerdesgottes
12-14-2011, 03:06 AM
come on now Sarari.. just because the game isnt exactly like you want, doesnt mean that they are lazy. Considering that they are given a one year turn around time.. i think its safe to say that they are anything but lazy.

Ubisoft Montreal is anything but lazy. The last two games scream out that someone worked damn hard to make these games the best they could in the time given. It's abundantly clear when playing that someone worked non-stop to make those games the best they could and they did a good job. Unfortunately even Michelangelo needed more than a year to chisel out David and paint the Sistine Chapel.

ProdiGurl
12-14-2011, 03:10 AM

I think this is unwarranted judgment on what Ubi thinks or does. How do you know this?
Also I agree w/ the posts above that we can't judge Ubi is 'lazy' simply because they don't add a certain detail you believe is important.

For all they've done so far, I can't consider that they're lazy. They simply cannot please everybody - and I personally don't think some people are even pleasable these days.

SupremeCaptain
12-14-2011, 07:40 AM
They simple didn't care to give Altair what he had in AC1.

I dunno what's worse, laziness or not caring. Huh.

Animuses
12-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
I personally don't think some people are even pleasable these days. Nobody criticizes more than fans.

ProdiGurl
12-14-2011, 02:01 PM
So I've noticed

Sarari
12-14-2011, 02:24 PM
...Ok on the 2 comments above this one. Yea I'm a fan, and I care about each little detail down to the bone. This doesn't mean I hate Ubisoft, or AC1 to that extent. Just a bit disappointed.

Maybe what I said about Ubisoft was uncalled for, but I like Altair so it got to me lol.

Dagio12
12-14-2011, 02:30 PM
...Ok on the 2 comments above this one. Yea I'm a fan, and I care about each little detail down to the bone. This doesn't mean I hate Ubisoft, or AC1 to that extent. Just a bit disappointed.

Maybe what I said about Ubisoft was uncalled for, but I like Altair so it got to me lol.

thats understandable. just keep in mind that the game is really still intended to be about Ezio, so given the time frame, I can see why they didnt spend all there time and assets on Altair. What counts is the story behind his memories and what they showed Ezio. I feel they did just that, and did it pretty well.

kriegerdesgottes
12-14-2011, 02:55 PM

We don't hate Ubisoft and certainly not Assassin's Creed. I will speak for myself anyway when I say that I have loved this franchise since I saw the AC1 e3 trailer wayyy back when and what some of us are seeing now in the franchise scares us because of our extreme love and respect for AC. It's because we love the franchise so much that we criticize because we are scared to death that the franchise could make a wrong turn like so many franchise do and I also try to make an effort to praise because it's well deserved. If you just criticize all the time though people will be less willing to hear you because they will see you as a cynic and if you are constantly positive all the time even though nothing on this earth is truly perfect than you're opinion can be just as unreliable imo.

Sarari
12-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Thank you. I've never been really good at getting people to understand me....at least over the internet.

JumpInTheFire13
12-15-2011, 06:07 PM
Sarari, I agree with you about the Altair stuff. I don't think Ubisoft is lazy, I just think annual releases aren't exactly the best way to go for AC. Brotherhood and Revelations easily could have been one game (or that's what I think.) Like somebody said in one of the other threads, the original and AC2 both had 9 assassination targets in the main story, while Brotherhood and Revelations had 4 or 5 each. They've also done multiple cities in the first two games, so Rome and Constantinople could have been in the same game. I'm beginning to think Ubi is just greedy.

dxsxhxcx
12-15-2011, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by JumpInTheFire13:
Sarari, I agree with you about the Altair stuff. I don't think Ubisoft is lazy, I just think annual releases aren't exactly the best way to go for AC. Brotherhood and Revelations easily could have been one game (or that's what I think.) Like somebody said in one of the other threads, the original and AC2 both had 9 assassination targets in the main story, while Brotherhood and Revelations had 4 or 5 each. They've also done multiple cities in the first two games, so Rome and Constantinople could have been in the same game. I'm beginning to think Ubi is just greedy.

ACB should had been part of AC2 (of course it would need to be a little different than the ACB we know to fit in AC2 but IMO it would be better than have a weak story just to justify an entire game like IMO it's the case of the ACB we have now) since it deals with the Borgia (we needed to wait one year just to see how that story with the Borgia would end), and then ACR would be a new game with a different setting/story, this way I believe we would have a much better game than we have now, since they would've had more time to work in the story and the new features, without count with the fact that people wouldn't be so bored of Ezio (talking about those who are and not everyone, of course)...

Sarari
12-15-2011, 07:22 PM
I thought Brotherhood was a pointless game to make, considering how well it could've gone with AC2. To me they kind of wasted their time making ACB a whole new game and not accomplishing anything with it. They could've added the kill streaks to Ezio's training in the Villa.

You would've been able to travel to the cities in AC2 AND Rome. That would've been amazing.

Animuses
12-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Brotherhood and Revelations were both pointless. Desmond is still in the same position he was in AC2. Those games achieved nothing except for the fact that they both hurt the series.

kriegerdesgottes
12-15-2011, 07:45 PM
I thought Brotherhood was a pointless game to make, considering how well it could've gone with AC2. To me they kind of wasted their time making ACB a whole new game and not accomplishing anything with it. They could've added the kill streaks to Ezio's training in the Villa.

You would've been able to travel to the cities in AC2 AND Rome. That would've been amazing.

This was actually the original plan. Phillipe Bergeron said that Rome was supposed to be part of AC2 but it became way too big and they ran out of time(which is also why the game wasn't replayable) and that game had two years.

Sarari
12-15-2011, 08:31 PM
I agree with animuses. They didn't progress with Desmond at all. They just needed a way to keep us into the series so they created this whole problem with him being in a coma and blah blah blah.

They could've been more productive with the series.

Animuses
12-16-2011, 01:55 PM
ACR
Worst: Desmond missions

value_zero
12-16-2011, 02:30 PM
AC1 Best- The atmosphere, no other game creeped me out as this one (even the horror ones).
AC1 Worst- The voice acting effects, im sure its done for purpose, but when i hear citizens or whatever talking in this game, sounds like from 50s and 60s movie, i really hate that one.

AC2 Best- The soundtrack and the story, the best story progress ever made in video game.
AC2 Worst- Graphics.

ACB Best- The whole game is full of awesomeness.
ACB Worst- When you have so much thing to do, and it suddenly ends and you feel lonely in the game.

ACR Best- The trailer.
ACR Worst- I dont have that kind of time to type them.

Sarari
12-16-2011, 05:48 PM
I agree with the ACB worst part. Rome is a lonely city for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

CRUDFACE
12-17-2011, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by value_zero:

ACR Worst- I dont have that kind of time to type them.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif That bad? Wow.

quartertildeath
12-17-2011, 11:09 PM
I loved all the games awesomly but ill just mention what I missed in ACR: lack of hidden tombs (only 1, 2 if u include DLC), no truth puzzles!!!!! :O those were fricking awesome; I preferred ACB assassin level up more because it wasnt so involved and besides in ACR what was the point of sending them on missions after their all leveled up? You can only get 50% influence and it didn't effect anything else, wish there was more Desmond and/or S16 story, they both seemed short. and lastly, i forced myself through the den defense, it was fun the first time after that BLAHHHH!!!! and bring back truth puzzles!

EzioAssassin51
12-17-2011, 11:25 PM
AC1 Best - The assassination targets like actually getting to kill them was soo good and the atmosphere too I guess
AC1 Worst - The massively long talking scenes with Al Mualim and the targets. I didn't really notice the repetition until i heard people complain about it on the internet and I never replayed it all to feel it, but even when I reply memories, it's not that bad for me.

AC2 Best - Probably the whole setting of Italy, it was amazing, I loved it!
AC2 Worst - Can't really think of one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

ACB Best - The new kill streaks above all, but everything was good and awesome IMO
ACB Worst - Probably a short storyline, but only to put something here, to be honest, I didn't care about that and loved it the way it was

ACR Best- The story was awesome and all of the new and improved gameplay mechanics, again, I pretty much enjoyed all of it, like ACB! I've found myself craving to play the single player at times instead of the Multiplayer (which I also like). (cue flaming)
ACR Worst- Lack of side missions I guess, but I still manage to enjoy running around and messing around after the story after the master assassin missions, though now it's a little boring that I've 100% all memories.

EDIT: ACR Worst = Random Events, disappointed there, only disappointment in the game...

Assassin_M
12-17-2011, 11:50 PM
I dont post here ? WoW http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif OK..

AC I
Best: The unprecedented level of feeling as an Assassin, Damascus,Music..

Worst: Repetitiveness, Lag(sometimes), fluidity.

AC II
Best: The story, improved fluidity in scaling, Music, Venice, The HUGE amount of new Devices.

Worst: Combat, inability to replay Memories.

ACB
Best: Combat, Crossbow, recruits, great amount of side missions, VR Missions.

Worst: Story, Music(my least favorite anyways), Armor of brutus http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif No true feeling of a BROTHERHOOD, Rome

ACR
Best: Combat, Hookblade, improved freerunning, Jannisaries, The plot, |Constantinople, Unhooding glitch, more fleshing to the recruits, a livelier city, Bombs, Music, Den Defence.

Worst: Random Events, Altair missions could`v included some more events in already existing memories, less side missions.

masterfenix2009
12-18-2011, 01:12 AM
I personally enjoyed them myself. Not that hard or annoying. To your previous post, Desmond now knows what he has to go to and do in Revelations. Brotherhood kills Lucy. Granted they could have just had Lucy's death at the begging of AC3,but it would not have had the same impact.

joaomuas
12-18-2011, 04:43 AM
AC1
B: Introduction to everything in the AC universe, Masyaf and the Order of the Assassins, atmosphere, and story.
W: Repetitiveness, lack of varied side-quests, and some minor annoyances.

AC2

B: Variety, Renaissance cities and setting, improved in pretty much everything, lots of new mechanics, and the story.
W: Some glitches, some annoying missions, lack of difficulty.

ACB

B: Some gameplay mechanics to feel like a more open-world game, side-quests, minor improvements, more cinematic missions, Leonardo missions, story.
W: Rome (in some ways/parts/regions), rushed, lack of the "sense of adventure" from AC2.

ACR

B: Constantinople, graphics, cinematicness, hookblade, bombs, Eagle Sense, characters, improvements in lots of gameplay elements, gameplay improvements, story missions, story and multiplayer.
W: Not as much side-quests (and not as interesting and fun), I get the feeling that it's "missing something".

crash3
12-18-2011, 10:03 AM
AC1:

Best: Good length, real philosophical feel, incentive to be stealthy due to large numbers of aggressive guards, Hidden blade much more exclusive, Training ring for tutorials, The Kingdom in between each city

Worst: Lack of variety

AC2:

Best: Good Length, In-depth storyline, Narrated videos about each templar target justifying why they need to die, the order is more secretive, Multiple cities

Worst: Cartoonish graphics, rubbish AI, dumb guards, lack of difficulty

ACB:

Best: New killstreak combat, Lots of side missions

Worst: Short rushed storyline, no difficulty, feels like a full on war with no discretion (doesnt feel like assassins creed), lack of templar targets, all of whom were easy to kill

ACR:

Best: Improved graphics, slow-mo moves in comabt, STALKERS!, characters better developed, the first signs of challenge in combat against the Janissaries, Constantinople in general, finally better graphics, master assassin missions, hookblade, possibly bombs

Worst: felt even shorter than ACB, Den Defence, lack of side missions, too many chests get rid they are boring now, really dumb guards they dont spot you even when you arent being stealthy, Lack of templar targets and you dont even get to kill the main one! The actual 'revelations' seemed more like cinematics of things that we have already read about or been told about in previous games

Sarari
12-18-2011, 11:45 AM
The only revelations I had on the game was the quote "Nothing is true, everything is permitted". Even then it didn't fit the meaning.

My own meaning fits it better imo haha :P.

ProdiGurl
12-18-2011, 02:09 PM
The only revelations I had on the game was the quote "Nothing is true, everything is permitted". Even then it didn't fit the meaning.

My own meaning fits it better imo haha :P.

That's exactly what I think too lol
In ACII & I think ACB, they recite the whole creed in full, I honestly don't see how his definition fits with the whole creed in context as I understand it.

But hey, I figure Ubi knows a little bit more about AC than I do. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Ansatsushas
12-18-2011, 04:38 PM
AC
B: Engaging story, tough Templars, more than one city

W: Repetitive, too much stealth required when traveling between cities

AC11
B: Good length, storyline was fantastic linking a lot of my favorite historical characters, multiple cities, great soundtrack, challenging platforms for seals, assassination contracts

W: Not much, only after playing ACB and ACR, I miss kill streaks

ACB
B:Kill streak combat, side missions, 100% sync challenges, Faction challenges and missions, assassin contractions

W: felt rushed, especially the skip between the last sequences to fighting Cesare, buying all the shops

ACR
B: Slo-mo finishes in combat, stalkers (yes, let them kill us in the next one), hook-blade, bomb concepts, Janissaries, master assassin missions, Yusuf, upgraded assassin recruits, no more posters to reduce notoriety, ziplines

W: Den Defense, Finished it wanting more (can't pinpoint if it wasn't long enough or not sufficient quality), buying too many shops, collecting treasures after AC2 and ACB is now getting tedious, Janissaries using their pistols too much

Some things I'd like to see:
1) I'd like the treasures to move on from AC2 days, so that it is more challenging to obtain them, kind of like riddler trophies in Arkham City
2) More side missions instead of the Mediterranean Defense. I liked the investigative nature of the master assassin missions
2) I liked the number of upgrades required for Villa Monteriggioni in AC2. For ACB and ACR buying shops, there's just too many that it becomes tedious instead of fun for me personally. I spent a significant amount on time on this in ACR as I had read the feedback that the main story was short. Hence I felt slightly disappointed that after trying to prolong the experience, sequence 5 onwards was completed quickly.

ProdiGurl
12-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Forgot to add one more thing to the List of
BEST in ACB

The Recruit Ceremonies.

CanterburyTales
12-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Assassin's Creed
Best: Atmosphere; story; combat; free-roaming freedom
Worst: Repetition; lepers/drunkards; beggars constantly begging you for money in a game where the player has no money

Assassin's Creed II
Best: Atmosphere; story; economy; new moves; Italy; climb-leap; Codex pages; Glyph puzzles
Worst: No way to replay memories

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Best: Kill streaks; improved gameplay with horses; Borgia Towers; Assassin recruits; war machines; able to customize hotkeys; assassination contract missions; maps for feathers and flags/marking them on map with Eagle Vision
Worst: The whole "Templars created capitalism" thing (rather jarring as it makes the writers look hypocritical, especially now since Assassin's Creed has become a cash-cow); not being able to gallop on horses during normal gameplay; killing Lucy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Best: Hookblade; Eagle Sense; improvements to multiplayer (Abstergo files provide more incentive to continue playing); bombs; Minstrel Mission http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Worst: Too few conversations with Sixteen (too little expansion of his character and no explanation to his warning in the last game)