PDA

View Full Version : PF crash detail improved?

Yskonyn23
10-28-2004, 09:33 AM
I just saw a video of an attack wave on Pearl Harbor, where an F2's vertical stabilizer was shot off by a Japanese guy eating sushi while he was at it (no that's a joke, really, don't worry http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif).

Anyway the F2 went down 'gracefully' and when the aircraft hit the ground it totally desintegrated; wings coming off, debris flying all over (which is not new to the IL series), but the main fuselage flipped over a few times (!!), came to rest inverted and then the pilot climbed out of the cockpit ran a few 100 meter away from the burning wreck and dived to the ground just in time to take cover from his exploding aircraft!! Looked darn realistic!

I never saw these kind of actions in FB/AEP, or have I just missed all the eye candy till now?

SeaFireLIV
10-28-2004, 09:55 AM
I think it`s something you`ve simply missed. I`ve had such close calls, where all i`ve got left is the fuselage with no wings, etc.

Yskonyn23
10-28-2004, 11:31 AM
I know the wings can come off and damage detail has been very high in AEP too, but I am talking about the physics engine of the game where the fuselage can bounce and flip on the ground and then the thing I really never saw before, the pilot actually climbing out and running away!

Shifty101
10-28-2004, 11:48 AM
I've had this happen last night to me in AEP. I flew a quick mission in the He-111 and after bombing my target I decided to try some acrobatics. I tried to fly under a bridge but I noticed only too late that the bridges struts were closer than they appeared and they ripped the wings off of my bird. What remained tumbled across the ice until only the forward half of the fuselage came to a halt on the bank of the frozen river some hundreds of meters from where I had the "incident". Pilot and bombadier made it out but all of the tumbling resulted in the ventral and top gunners being crushed and the waist gunner dying.

Hawk_9th
10-28-2004, 01:30 PM
I once nosed hard into to ground in a fw 190 at 430 kph when aaa took of my ele and my pilot just jumped out of the fusalge after it came to a stop. thats the hardest my plane has ever came to a "sudden" stop and have the pilot live since ive had the game,,,,, ive had it since release and Ive hit the ground many many times in the last few years lol.

WTE_Galway
10-28-2004, 05:33 PM
its in FB and AEP as well

the amusing one is when they crash in water then climb out and "run on water"

Yskonyn23
10-29-2004, 10:08 AM
On water they don't. At least in AEP I had the pilot only getting out of the plane and immediately diving to the ground.
It looks like he's diving in the water, because he disappears under water, but I am sure according to your reports that maybe the running part is just not played or something.