PDA

View Full Version : Rookie on IL-2 & with CH Fightstick Needs Assistance

sparx1951
07-29-2006, 12:22 PM
I just install Il-2 and a CH Fighterstick to my computer.

I got IL-2 working but I cannot get the throttle to run the well ... the plane's throttle.

I tried to use the game's controls settings but I cannot assign the joystick buttons, period.
I install the joystick according to the CH manual, which did not install as the manual suggested.

I am using Windows xp pro.

Also, as side question, I can only find the IL-2 plane in the Training Sessions, which is non-user participant. Is there a Russian game which flys the IL-2?
Thanks much
sparx

sparx1951
07-29-2006, 12:22 PM
I just install Il-2 and a CH Fighterstick to my computer.

I got IL-2 working but I cannot get the throttle to run the well ... the plane's throttle.

I tried to use the game's controls settings but I cannot assign the joystick buttons, period.
I install the joystick according to the CH manual, which did not install as the manual suggested.

I am using Windows xp pro.

Also, as side question, I can only find the IL-2 plane in the Training Sessions, which is non-user participant. Is there a Russian game which flys the IL-2?
Thanks much
sparx

AnaK774
07-29-2006, 04:17 PM
Is your joystick USB version of fighterstick?

Have you tried to:
Go to control setup, there hotas section and click throttle setting, then move throttle axis.

If you want to use yer CH stick fully to its capabilities, you need to use control manager and remember to download profile settings to stick

Longitude
07-29-2006, 06:28 PM
CH Hangar (http://www.ch-hangar.com/)

This is where you need to go for all the CH questions. The forum is excellent, and there are all sorts of experts to answer your questions.

sparx1951
08-01-2006, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the replies guys, I have solved the original problems.

Now after playing some, and reading here more than playing I have decided I may as well get pedals and a throttle.

As mentioned in a different thread, I don't like the particular model of CH joystick I purchased, the 'CH Fighterstick USB', it just does not fit my hand well and the small 'pinky' button (low) on the stick is annoying.

I have decided with help from poster TgD 'Thunderbolt56' here that the CH Flightstick Pro will fit my needs.

In regards to pedals, I have read the CH pedals are too close together. There were two other pedal brands mentioned but I can no longer find the thread to gather the info I need to research the non-Ch brands.

Finally, has anyone modded the CH pedals to improve the distance between the pedals? I build my own computers, and I'm somewhat crazy, so if others can do it so could I. I have seen images of hand made pedal rigs, but I am not ready to try my hand at that. I could handle the mechanics alright but at this time I don't have any experience flying with factory built pedals.

Thanks in advance from a greenhorn.
Jim

TgD Thunderbolt56
08-01-2006, 11:30 AM
You won't be unhappy with the Flightstick Pro. As far as the pedals go, I use the CH Pro Pedals and have them mounted underneath my Akers-Barnes cockpit. I find they work just fine for me (I'm average build- 5'10" 175lbs). You may want to check them out yourself before trying any mods. I like simpeds but they don't fit where I need to put them anyway. Not sure about the new Saitek pedals as I haven't seen them in person.

TB