PDA

View Full Version : Grey Wolves Mod 1

drewrussell
01-17-2008, 10:13 PM
My computer crashed and I had to reload from scratch. I need the Grey wolves mod 1. Mod 2 seems to only do the med. area. Also, I can't seem to get Silent hunter III to load because of problem with compter ID. eTc. Ubisoft says its is because my processor is not designed for the gamr but I have been playing this game on my computer since it came out. I ordered it before its release and did not have a problem until I had disk problemS. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Drew

drewrussell
01-17-2008, 10:13 PM
My computer crashed and I had to reload from scratch. I need the Grey wolves mod 1. Mod 2 seems to only do the med. area. Also, I can't seem to get Silent hunter III to load because of problem with compter ID. eTc. Ubisoft says its is because my processor is not designed for the gamr but I have been playing this game on my computer since it came out. I ordered it before its release and did not have a problem until I had disk problemS. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Drew

VikingGrandad
01-18-2008, 07:13 AM
Welcome aboard drewrussell http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drewrussell:
I need the Grey wolves mod 1. Mod 2 seems to only do the med. area. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not true! GWX2 covers the Atlantic as it did in GWX1, but also adds campaign data for the Black Sea, Indian Ocean, etc. GWX2 has everything GWX1 had, plus more.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drewrussell:
Also, I can't seem to get Silent hunter III to load because of problem with compter ID. eTc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To help you, we could do with a few more details regarding this problem, such as:

What processor do you have?

What error message are you getting?

At what point does SH3 fail to load? During the disc check? Before the main menu appears?

Have you installed the 1.4b patch?

drewrussell
01-18-2008, 10:27 AM
Thanks for responding

My computer crashed. actually itwas window xp home edition. It would not load due to a missing .dll. I could not find my orininal orogram that came with the computer, so I used the one that came with my laptop. I got this message;
"This error report includes: information regareding the condition of Silent HUnter III when the problem occurred: your Didital Product I.D., which could be used to identify your license: and Internet Protocol (ID) address of your computer." So I figured since I used a different Windows program than the original the system thought I was pirating. So I bought a new game and it waorked just fine. Well to make a lomg story short, I had to buy a new hard drive and I bought windows XP professional so I had prperly registered program. I reloaded my new Silent Hunter III and I got the same message as noted above.

I have a AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+ 2.21 GHZ 896 RAM accordding to the Control Panel page of Windows and

Dxdiag includes as with the above MMX, 3D NOW

I had no problem running Sillent HUnter III and GWX mod 1. Got a little slow at time but ewas managable.

Thanks
Drew

VikingGrandad
01-18-2008, 05:28 PM
Hmmm... not sure how to fix that Drew...

The only thing I can suggest is to try editing your Windows Registry, as detailed here:

http://www.mysh3.info/shiii/index.php?title=Reinstalling_SH3

I'm only guessing that might help. Do so at your own risk!

Hopefully someone else here can offer you some advice...