PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer

parki14
11-24-2010, 07:07 AM
Why is it that despite the fact that ac is one of the best games on the market that the multiplayer has massive problems, such as the fact the host of the game can leave during a game and scores are just deleted, this is highly annoying as i have played approx 10 games yet only 2 have made the end, i find the effort put in outweighs the end product. Also the server is pretty poor because connection is weak and just drops out. Also why can games not be started with fewer numbers and just allow all other players to join during the game play. All these problems could definately be rectified as COD has been applying these options for years now??

parki14
11-24-2010, 07:07 AM
Why is it that despite the fact that ac is one of the best games on the market that the multiplayer has massive problems, such as the fact the host of the game can leave during a game and scores are just deleted, this is highly annoying as i have played approx 10 games yet only 2 have made the end, i find the effort put in outweighs the end product. Also the server is pretty poor because connection is weak and just drops out. Also why can games not be started with fewer numbers and just allow all other players to join during the game play. All these problems could definately be rectified as COD has been applying these options for years now??

obliviondoll
11-24-2010, 07:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by parki14:
All these problems could definately be rectified as COD has been applying these options for years now?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
First thing, host quitting, I agree.

The solution is called "host migration" and this isn't the only game to be annoying about it. I haven't heard of anyone else having NEARLY the amount of problems with it that you have, but I'll agree it does happen and is frustrating.

Also, keeping earned XP and challenges when the host quits would be worth patching (unfortunately, adding host migration when a game ships without it isn't likely to be possible).

As for the complaint about player numbers, wrong type of game. Brotherhood can't really be playable without 4 people minimum, and it's better with at least 6, so forcing that limit to start the game allows for up to 2 players to leave before the game quits (it auto-quits a game with too few players - minimum to start is 6, but it can drop to 4 without quitting on you)

luth411
11-24-2010, 08:49 AM
Sorry to debunk your complaints here, but I don't think you can generalize these issues to the game. I've yet to be removed from a game due to the host leaving (I'm sure this happens, but 2/10 games isn't representative of the reality). Also, you can start games with less than full numbers. People join mid-round often.

The server isn't poor, it's probably your connection. There are issues with matchmaking taking long in some instances, and Ubisoft has acknowledged this. As for losing connection while playing...it's probably your latency. I've never dropped out of a game unless it ended.