PDA

View Full Version : Your Opinion Poll on ConViction

Lil Proximo7
05-22-2007, 05:30 PM
Here's a poll to see how everyone's feeling toward the New "splinter cell"...

scworld
05-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Sucks of course. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

MKCC14
05-22-2007, 05:33 PM
Everything looks great and sounds great from the footage I have seen. Though the game does need some polishing in some areas that I have seen, like the fighting and throwing people. That needs to look a bit more realistic. Everything else from the lighting and walking through crowds and causing chaos looks good from this point.

Now we need to see how MP is going, and Co-op. Plus we now know that there is night missions already, in the trailer there is a scene where it shows Sam doing a combo on a guy in nighttime.

MeloniesHomeboy
05-22-2007, 05:48 PM
That might be considered dusk though, I have a feeling the night missions are gonna be at the beginning, and im gonna go ahead and say theres gonna be some original SC gameplay at the beginning of the game, im just getting that feeling, plus a quote in a preview kinda gave it away.

MKCC14
05-22-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by MeloniesHomeboy:
That might be considered dusk though, I have a feeling the night missions are gonna be at the beginning, and im gonna go ahead and say theres gonna be some original SC gameplay at the beginning of the game, im just getting that feeling, plus a quote in a preview kinda gave it away.
That doesnt make sense, if there is sneaking around crouching around in the beginning like in the other games its going to contradict everything they wanted to do with the game. Plus the controls would have to be different and a whole bunch of other stuff. Which will be too much to do when they want their focus on active stealth.

MeloniesHomeboy
05-22-2007, 06:08 PM
What could the beginning missions be then?

MKCC14
05-22-2007, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by MeloniesHomeboy:
For sure it would have something to do with active stealth. Maybe something to do with inside the NSA building itself. I rather just wait and see, one really bad thing about Ubi and SC games...they cant keep vital info in till we play the game.

ROLNIK
05-22-2007, 08:27 PM
Sucks, is not a splintercell game
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

JohnsHomegirl
05-22-2007, 09:37 PM
Looks pwnage so far! XD

Patmarki
05-23-2007, 12:34 AM
I think it's great. The trailer looks so sweet.

capteenix
05-23-2007, 12:38 AM
I bet that this game will get new fans from Tekken and Arcade games. Also 14 years olds will like this, because it is beat them up kind of game.

And we original fans just flee out to play Cipher Complex.

marinius
05-23-2007, 01:15 AM
Yeah, Cipher Complex is something I'm really looking forward to. Haven't seen much official info on it since the press release June last year though. From what I've seen and heard of that game, it will indeed attract many original SC-fans.

Conviction looks to be a fun game. I thought the visuals in the trailer were quite stunning. Too bad it really has nothing to do with Splinter Cell anymore.

simulacra
05-23-2007, 02:15 AM
14 year olds will like conviction?
If there was ANYTHING that brought kiddiegamers to SC it was the inclusion of multiplayer.

I've been a fan of the series from the get go, but unlike some here I believe that the actual mechanic of the game is secondary to the overall story arch of sam fisher, and I still believe that stealth has little to do with roaming around in the dark.

marinius
05-23-2007, 02:50 AM
I have to agree with you about the kiddiegamers simulacra. I remember these forums before PT came out. They were full of relatively eloquent people discussing a game that truly appealed to the more grown-up gamer. I myself hadn't been into gaming for about 15 years when SC was released. It renewed my interest in video games and completely changed my outlook on gaming. Since PT however, the forums have been overrun by what I can only assume to be kids that basically love shoot'em-ups. This unfortunately seemed to lead to a lot of more serious people with well thought out arguments about all things SC disappearing from the forums.

On another note: it seems that our main disagreement lies in the fact that I, unlike you, am much less concerned about Sam Fisher the character than the style of play that got me hooked from the original SC. I'm just not that interested in Sams personality or whatever troubles he's going through. I agree with someone else on this forum who said that now is the time for companies to "clone Splinter Cell" and release stealth games old SC-style as there is a void when it comes to these kinds of games.

simulacra
05-23-2007, 03:09 AM
I can really understand that, that's exactly what I felt when ghost recon was butchered from a somewhat realistic special forces tacsim to a run n gun fragfest.

The difference lie however in the fact that SC always has been a game that belonged to the same generation as the new ghost recons, not the same genre, but the same generation and all that it encompasses, mostly it's about the capitalization on games, today they have to be blockbusters, in a way that wasn't true wh GR1 came out.

But one thing that bothers me is that some multiplayers for some reason see SC as a game belonging to them more, like that only the hard core versus players grinding matches are the only true SC fans.
The priority of the sc devteam should always, and so far have always been, SP first, MP second IMO.

L-jae
05-23-2007, 03:47 AM
the game sounds great, really cool idea.
though it seems like a modern day 'Assassins creed'. lets hope not

but, having seen some footage, i'm wondering if sam got some super powers or something, coz he can hurl dudes quite a distance, previous titles have been accurate with physics and alike, i just hope they dont screw this one up, coz it could be a an absolute kick *** game.
(maybe they should look into some Mo-Cap work.)

but, there's still plenty of time for improvments, tweaking and all sorts, so yeah, can't judge too harshly...yet

but hey, It's like sneaking around your local shopping mall.

HOLY_LAND1983
05-23-2007, 04:16 AM
I think what UBISOFT is doing with Splinter Cell is just a bad idea. I have played Splinter Cell from the very beginning and I think all they had to do is upgrade the visuals and keep the moveable object like in the upcoming game of Convictions and keep the game like Chaos Theory. The Shadows and Stealth is the only way for Splinter Cell. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

death_zone
05-23-2007, 04:34 AM
Hmm..I like the idea of conviction..but the gameplay does not improve me..it looks like another GTA game..i hope ubi will do somethin about it..the animations are not quite right..and the fighting mechanics just don't look good...

SCREAM-121
05-23-2007, 12:59 PM
I can't wait for the new change...

And just so all you SKEPTICS know, its not Tekken! Its not Grand Theft Auto! The game IS STEALTH. PERIOD.

All the grappling, shooting, fighting, etc is only used when your cover/stealth is blown. Do you get it? Do you understand???

Repeat it with me, when your cover is blown and your seen to be a threat, then you can fight your way out. GET IT? Instead of just hitting the restart mission button, you can now improvise as how you would have to in real life.

That's the point all of you haters seem to be missing. If you're good, and can be stealthy, you may never have to grapple and use cqc fighting at all. That's the trick.

Gosh, stop being so quick to make condescending remarks, it gets annoying.

simulacra
05-23-2007, 01:06 PM
Agreed, just because ppl can see you doesn't mean that you are blown, that's why I love the idea of conviction, being invisible in broad daylight, thinking on your toes, using what you have around you as weapons.

ROLNIK
05-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by capteenix:
I bet that this game will get new fans from Tekken and Arcade games. Also 14 years olds will like this, because it is beat them up kind of game.

And we original fans just flee out to play Cipher Complex.

Originally posted by simulacra:
14 year olds will like conviction?
If there was ANYTHING that brought kiddiegamers to SC it was the inclusion of multiplayer.

I'm 14!!!! And you are both WRONG!

MKCC14
05-23-2007, 01:46 PM
I was playing SC1 when it came out, I was like 11-12 years old i think...and i still only like it for the SP. MP was just an add-on.

ROLNIK
05-23-2007, 01:50 PM
I was 12 when I got SC1. I think CT was already out. I heard about that game a lot of things so I decided to buy it. I got it for $5 and it's one of the best games ever!

Black-S
05-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by simulacra:
Agreed, just because ppl can see you doesn't mean that you are blown, that's why I love the idea of conviction, being invisible in broad daylight, thinking on your toes, using what you have around you as weapons.

Yeah absolutely correct. I mean I like the shadows and darkness like everyone else but this is so much more. This is putting your thinking caps on improvising the scene as you see it and not just timing your moves. A great move for the series.

FSA_shadow
05-23-2007, 09:01 PM
I am looking forward to this... but i really just cant seem to get around the new gameplay i agree that you will have to keep on your toes and use weapons around you etc... but i've been with splinter cell from the start (the reason why i got an xbox...screw halo) and i loved it and i've loved the sequels... but im not sure if this will be a good move for the series

a few things from the trailer/gameplay movie... the throwing doesnt look right at all.. sam isnt super-man and cant throw people that far so that needs to be improved... but other then that it was pretty good

overall im looking quite forward to this... will be something fresh and new lets just hope Ubi does something great with MP

Knot3D
05-25-2007, 01:01 AM
I am NOT looking forward to this game.

Seifer1921
05-27-2007, 10:34 PM

Rossdavies
05-28-2007, 11:52 AM

Yup, well, maybe it doesn't suck but it sure as hell ain't the splinter cell I know and love.

New "Stealth" Vs Old Stealth

I would like to liken this to...

Run 'n gun Vs Strategic Wargames.

Both are wargames, but I ain't gonna play a run'n gun if I want to play a strategy game. People keep saying that "dude, it's still stealth, get over it!!", those are just words, they have no relation to the real world. The gameplay is entirely different, I don't care if the descriptives happen to include the same word the gameplay is entirely different. And there is nowhere to find the gameplay that I so crave now that Splinter Cell is leaving us for pastures new (except possibly Cypher Complex... but that still seems a bit overly aggressive for a stealth game)

ivnuzi
05-28-2007, 01:31 PM
The term stealth is defined as doing something without being detected. As far as I have seen the point of this game is to NOT BE DETECTED by the feds. This alone makes this game stealth by definition

PS can't wait to play but because I am forced to play it on PC, XBox360 sucks, I pray that there are no bugs and other bullcrap.

Brownsnakeeyes
05-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by ivnuzi:
The term stealth is defined as doing something without being detected. As far as I have seen the point of this game is to NOT BE DETECTED by the feds. This alone makes this game stealth by definition

PS can't wait to play but because I am forced to play it on PC, XBox360 sucks, I pray that there are no bugs and other bullcrap. Try this one.
Stealth games are video games that, unlike traditional action games, revolve around patience, lurking, and avoiding detection (or getting rid of an enemy silently and quickly without calling attention) in order to complete missions. The genre of stealth-based games is fairly old, but there are still few games that fall strictly within the genre.

The dynamics of stealth games are quite different from first-person shooters or other action games. Players of stealth-based games can die very quickly if they approach problems in the same way as a traditional action game. Stealth games generally emphasize accuracy, planning, keen observation, and puzzle-solving skills, whereas other action games revolve more around quick reflexes. In stealth based games, a player cannot simply walk into multiple enemies pathways, unlike most action games. Stealth based games require that the player eliminates targets silently and without detection.

Whereas the excitement in most action games is the adrenaline rush of combat, the enjoyment in a stealth game is usually (but not always) cerebral in nature. The ability to silently stalk an opponent or be within arm's reach of a potentially dangerous enemy and yet be completely unseen appeals to many gamers. These games also tend to have more emphasis on story, as part of a stealth-based game's impact comes from the ambiance that the game has, emphasizing urgency and the need to remain hidden. Likewise, stealth-based games also tend to contain more visual and sound cues than other games, again to heighten the experience. Fans of stealth-based games often find great excitement in the high-risk, high-tension gameplay and cinematic experience that is typical of the genre, whereas other gamers may find stealth-based games unenjoyable due to the lack of frantic action and occasional frustration at the high finesse that is often required.

CellNet® 1.0, © 2007 by BrownSnakeeyes University."

marinius
05-30-2007, 02:00 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif
That's stealth and the gamers who it enjoy it for you...! Now that tedious bit of having to be patient is removed, instead you'll think on your feet making split-second decisions, fighting and throwing stuff...hmmm, sounds more like action to me.

superman3392
05-30-2007, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by MKCC14:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MeloniesHomeboy:
For sure it would have something to do with active stealth. Maybe something to do with inside the NSA building itself. I rather just wait and see, one really bad thing about Ubi and SC games...they cant keep vital info in till we play the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the first mission cant be inside the NSA...not the first level...

Release_15
05-31-2007, 02:27 PM
That's the point all of you haters seem to be missing. If you're good, and can be stealthy, you may never have to grapple and use cqc fighting at all. That's the trick.

What he said. Previous SC game trailer have always shown tons of 'action' footage. Does that mean the games were meant to be played this way? I can honestly say I've never used a single grenade, smoke, frag, whatever, in all of SC. And I plan to keep it that way. And I'm pretty sure I'll be able to...

ivnuzi
05-31-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Brownsnakeeyes:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ivnuzi:

PS can't wait to play but because I am forced to play it on PC, XBox360 sucks, I pray that there are no bugs and other bullcrap. Try this one.
Stealth games are video games that, unlike traditional action games, revolve around patience, lurking, and avoiding detection (or getting rid of an enemy silently and quickly without calling attention) in order to complete missions. The genre of stealth-based games is fairly old, but there are still few games that fall strictly within the genre.

The dynamics of stealth games are quite different from first-person shooters or other action games. Players of stealth-based games can die very quickly if they approach problems in the same way as a traditional action game. Stealth games generally emphasize accuracy, planning, keen observation, and puzzle-solving skills, whereas other action games revolve more around quick reflexes. In stealth based games, a player cannot simply walk into multiple enemies pathways, unlike most action games. Stealth based games require that the player eliminates targets silently and without detection.

Whereas the excitement in most action games is the adrenaline rush of combat, the enjoyment in a stealth game is usually (but not always) cerebral in nature. The ability to silently stalk an opponent or be within arm's reach of a potentially dangerous enemy and yet be completely unseen appeals to many gamers. These games also tend to have more emphasis on story, as part of a stealth-based game's impact comes from the ambiance that the game has, emphasizing urgency and the need to remain hidden. Likewise, stealth-based games also tend to contain more visual and sound cues than other games, again to heighten the experience. Fans of stealth-based games often find great excitement in the high-risk, high-tension gameplay and cinematic experience that is typical of the genre, whereas other gamers may find stealth-based games unenjoyable due to the lack of frantic action and occasional frustration at the high finesse that is often required.

CellNet® 1.0, © 2007 by BrownSnakeeyes University." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seeing as all you are capable of doing is giving long winded explanations and do not state what you are supporting I will assume you are attempting to contradict me. If not I thank you for your assistance (which whether or not you were trying to contradict me you helped anyway).
"Stealth games are video games that, unlike traditional action games, revolve around patience, lurking , and avoiding detection (or getting rid of an enemy silently and quickly without calling attention ) in order to complete missions." SCC does contain the highlighted.

"Players of stealth-based games can die very quickly if they approach problems in the same way as a traditional action game. Stealth games generally emphasize accuracy, planning, keen observation, and puzzle-solving skills , whereas other action games revolve more around quick reflexes . In stealth based games, a player cannot simply walk into multiple enemies pathways , unlike most action games. Stealth based games require that the player eliminates targets silently and without detection."
Also the other highlighted is present.

This game is STEALTH-ACTION. In other words a cross of both. Most of the other SC games were. I could play them as a shooter or as a stealth game. My choice.

ivnuzi
05-31-2007, 05:14 PM
To add to my post:
lurking= in the game you can pretend to look at monuments or other **** and watch an officers patrol route.
avoiding detection= kind of the point of the game. Even though you cause tons of havoc you don't have to be noticed doing it.
Getting rid of an enemy silently and quickly without calling attention= self explanatory and do-able in the game
Accuracy= self explanitory
Planning= it's there, just you have to do it faster
Keen observation= self explanitory
Puzzle-solving skills= you will probably still have all the code cracking, lock picking mini games and this basically ties in with planning
Quick reflexes= you need these in all of the SC games if you're trying to get a perfect score so its not just for action games.
Emphasis on story= if that wasn't true this game would not exist

Release_15
06-01-2007, 07:58 AM
You make a good case. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

L-jae
06-05-2007, 09:30 AM
using whats around you?
i dont think you can lift and throw a table at someone to take 'em out.
or launch a person over a table with what seems like a sneeze.
they gotta fix up some stuff.

Brownsnakeeyes
06-05-2007, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by ivnuzi:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brownsnakeeyes:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ivnuzi:

Seeing as all you are capable of doing is giving long winded explanations and do not state what you are supporting I will assume you are attempting to contradict me. If not I thank you for your assistance (which whether or not you were trying to contradict me you helped anyway).
"Stealth games are video games that, unlike traditional action games, revolve around patience <span class="ev_code_RED">I don't see where patience will pay off at all</span> , lurking , and avoiding detection (or getting rid of an enemy silently and quickly without calling attention <span class="ev_code_RED">I don't see this in the info so far. It has been said that you're able to blow **** up to misdirect people that are chasing you. And I don't see how it's going to be possible to get rid of an enemy silently and quickly without calling attention in the middle of a crowd.</span> ) in order to complete missions." SCC does contain the highlighted.

"Players of stealth-based games can die very quickly if they approach problems in the same way as a traditional action game. Stealth games generally emphasize accuracy, planning <span class="ev_code_RED">With split second decisions needed to move on how are you going to be able to plan anything.</span> , keen observation, and puzzle-solving skills , whereas other action games revolve more around quick reflexes <span class="ev_code_RED">This is what there talking about having to do it Conviction. Because it's a game that you have to think on your feet.</span> . In stealth based games, a player cannot simply walk into multiple enemies pathways , unlike most action games. Stealth based games require that the player eliminates targets silently and without detection."

This game is STEALTH-ACTION. In other words a cross of both. Most of the other SC games were. I could play them as a shooter or as a stealth game. <span class="ev_code_RED">Actually it started with CT. That's why they gave you the option for a sniper or shotgun attachment</span> My choice. <span class="ev_code_RED">The point of us not liking Conviction isn't because we think it's not a stealth game. It's because it's not the type of stealth game it has always been. At least up until DA.</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stealth_chill
06-05-2007, 10:20 AM
results (94 votes counted so far):
There is 94 people on this forum!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif where the hell are they? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

LUCIAN_621
06-06-2007, 05:10 AM
So who exactly is the bad guy now ? Lambert ?

Daraddar
06-08-2007, 11:30 AM
I think the game will be pretty good, although many people think otherwise.
It's going to be a change. A good one. Like the people at Ubisoft said to GI, they're finally finding out about Sam Fisher.
But, no matter what people think, I'm definently going to try the game out.

SPROGGY
06-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Brownsnakeeyes:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brownsnakeeyes:

"Stealth games are video games that, unlike traditional action games, revolve around patience <span class="ev_code_RED">I don't see where patience will pay off at all</span> , lurking , and avoiding detection (or getting rid of an enemy silently and quickly without calling attention <span class="ev_code_RED">I don't see this in the info so far. It has been said that you're able to blow **** up to misdirect people that are chasing you. And I don't see how it's going to be possible to get rid of an enemy silently and quickly without calling attention in the middle of a crowd.</span> ) in order to complete missions." SCC does contain the highlighted.

"Players of stealth-based games can die very quickly if they approach problems in the same way as a traditional action game. Stealth games generally emphasize accuracy, planning <span class="ev_code_RED">With split second decisions needed to move on how are you going to be able to plan anything.</span> , keen observation, and puzzle-solving skills , whereas other action games revolve more around quick reflexes <span class="ev_code_RED">This is what there talking about having to do it Conviction. Because it's a game that you have to think on your feet.</span> . In stealth based games, a player cannot simply walk into multiple enemies pathways , unlike most action games. Stealth based games require that the player eliminates targets silently and without detection."

This game is STEALTH-ACTION. In other words a cross of both. Most of the other SC games were. I could play them as a shooter or as a stealth game. <span class="ev_code_RED">Actually it started with CT. That's why they gave you the option for a sniper or shotgun attachment</span> My choice. <span class="ev_code_RED">The point of us not liking Conviction isn't because we think it's not a stealth game. It's because it's not the type of stealth game it has always been. At least up until DA.</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"blowing **** up" to distract the crowd and your pursuers is really no different than throwing a soda can to distract a guard. Its just a distraction on a grander scale, which is necessary since youre surrounded by potential threats.

Silently dispatching an enemy has also been shown two separate times in two different trailers. The idea is to be smarter than the AI. Sam lured the guards/police away from the crowd and dealt with them as stealthily as in the past.

You can also still have a plan of action. Its possible that unforseen circumstances may force you to deviate from that plan, but that is real life for you.

The elements of stealth do not change just because the scenery does. Everything that was necessary to be stealthy in the previous SC games is necessary here. The principals stay the same. The difference is that you need to be smarter because you cant simply shoot out a light and duck into a shadow when the **** hits the fan.

chaos_theory16
06-10-2007, 01:29 PM
And how much easier is it to create realism in this kind of environment, compared to what it's like in the other games?

Sure, its a big leap into something completely different, but personally, I'm very excited. Already look at what things they have included in the game, and realize what things they haven't shown us from the game. I'm certain it'll be a very impressive game.

MKCC14
06-10-2007, 01:31 PM
I think they basically showed next to none. There are still A LOT of questions that needs to be answered.

Liquid_Mario
06-10-2007, 01:36 PM
Im not a SC SP guy. I've yet to beat a single one. So for me MP better be good.

If they release a MP demo (they better or they are doomed.) i'll give it a shot and make final judgments. My purchase of this game depends solely on the quality of MP.

Sipikai
06-12-2007, 03:01 AM
Well, in my opinion I think ConViction will be a great game.

As awkward as I am, it's very hard for me to squeel over things and Splinter Cell has been one of them, even ConViction, lol.

Yeah, when my boyfriend told me they were making a new Splinter Cell game, I thought, "What?! Yeah! More ninja sneaking! Woohoo!" but then I saw the site and read about it and then finally watched the work-in-progress video of it.

Wasn't what I expected it to be, but story is a story. Stories have plots and plots change. That's what makes stories, in my opinion.

But then I hear half of the game will be a fugitive and the other half will be the old Splinter cell style. Who knows, really.

But once again, I love it, and when I play it, I'll still love it. I think it'll be a great game, even though it isn't the whole Splinter Cell style. XP

CoastalGirl
06-12-2007, 08:40 AM
I'm in the 'wait and see' crowd. I haven't really liked what I've seen so far - it looks so different from what I like in stealth games (FYI - blowing something up is not the same as throwing a soda can as a distraction or lure http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif).

But, regardless, even if it's a complete flop, it's not going to take away the previous games. Plus, it seems like other developers are going the more classic route...I just wish Ubi was with them. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Sipikai
06-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Lmao, good point there. XD

Yeah, at first I was a little edgy about it, but loved it anyways. I guess I am SOMEWHAT in the "wait and see" crowd too. XD

But I completely understand where you are going. ^_^

FiveseveN93
06-15-2007, 11:51 PM
better not have any delays. better have fisher/ironside. better be fun.

Mike13_6
06-23-2007, 07:48 PM
i dont like it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif, of corse the graphics are good http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif, but it doesnt live up to the name of splinter cell. i think they should stick to stealth action. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

rogerwilco99
06-23-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by SCREAM-121:

Pot, meet kettle... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Buck_Rogers007
07-01-2007, 07:50 PM
I think its not a splintercell game at all. Its a game about Sam Fisher who WAS a splintercell before this game. This is Sam Fisher: Chronicles or something. Maybe the game will be alright. But the term splintercell is being used loosley here. How many times have we heard Lambert refer to other splintercells during past games? A Splintercell is something specific which is not Sam Fisher anymore. So why does the game get the title? Sam Fisher is well known name enough to sell games with his name as the title. And to branch off another style game under new title everyone wins. Even fans of the old style would invite a different style under new title knowing that their Splintercell games would not be touched.

RedemptionX
07-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Could someone please explain to me how this game isn't going to be stealthy?

Simply because there was a video of Sam throwing chairs at police officers doesn't mean there won't be any stealth in the game or even that it will have less amount of stealth in it. Keep in mind Montreal is developing this game and they were the first ones who invented this form of stealth in the first place. All the video show really is Sams cover being blown and it's his reaction to the events - not much different than Sam being spotted in the previous games and then whips out his automatic rifle/grenade/knife and kills them. I have no doubt that a player will be able to go through the game without being detected/fighting (with the exception of possible forced conflicts such as in the first game)

As i've said in another thread - I've always been an avid fan of SvM and I would undoubtly pay for a standalone SvM product for 30$ or more but im always glad to see a game actually make progession into the storyline.

P.S - Brown Snakes..if you're going to copy word for word off the wikipedia site of "stealth game" (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stealth_game )
You could atleast acknowledge it and list it as a reference.

ShockWave_942
07-01-2007, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by RedemptionX:
Could someone please explain to me how this game isn't going to be stealthy?

Simply because there was a video of Sam throwing chairs at police officers doesn't mean there won't be any stealth in the game or even that it will have less amount of stealth in it. Keep in mind Montreal is developing this game and they were the first ones who invented this form of stealth in the first place. All the video show really is Sams cover being blown and it's his reaction to the events - not much different than Sam being spotted in the previous games and then whips out his automatic rifle/grenade/knife and kills them. I have no doubt that a player will be able to go through the game without being detected/fighting (with the exception of possible forced conflicts such as in the first game)

As i've said in another thread - I've always been an avid fan of SvM and I would undoubtly pay for a standalone SvM product for 30$ or more but im always glad to see a game actually make progession into the storyline.

P.S - Brown Snakes..if you're going to copy word for word off the wikipedia site of "stealth game" (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stealth_game )
You could atleast acknowledge it and list it as a reference. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Sutcliffe43
07-01-2007, 11:02 PM
I took the third option. I haven't particularly liked what I've seen, but hey, I might like it if I see more.