PDA

View Full Version : Is the Game similar to IL-2 sturmovik or CFS2?

vinny_193
02-06-2007, 10:18 PM
hi guys,

Ive played IL-2 sturmovik and i found it rather hard to play like getting out of formation regulary, is Pacific fighters like this too? And ive also played Combat Fight Simulater 2 which was an awesome game. Is this just as good?

vinny_193
02-06-2007, 10:18 PM
hi guys,

Ive played IL-2 sturmovik and i found it rather hard to play like getting out of formation regulary, is Pacific fighters like this too? And ive also played Combat Fight Simulater 2 which was an awesome game. Is this just as good?

KIMURA
02-07-2007, 03:58 AM
Vinnie U cant compare both games. The only advantage of CFS2 compared with IL-2 1946 is the better sound of CFS2. And especially in case you'll start playing that game online you'll never turn back to CFS2. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Wtornado_439th
02-07-2007, 04:16 AM
Although CFS series graphically are beautiful the flightmodel in PF is hard to beat(some will argue).Keep on praticing your formation flying
or you will have a horrible fate.

Fly online in the Hyperlobby.

Try and fly coops!

Or you will turn into a dogfigther perish that thought. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

WWSensei
02-07-2007, 04:40 AM
PF is also similar to IL2 than CFS2. Version 2 of IL2 was called Forgotten Battles, then there was the Aces Expansion Pack, then PF. PF could be played stand-alone or as an "add-on" to Forgotten Battles bringing it up to version 3. There were a few patches then Pe-2 add-on and then 4.0.7 Manchuria add-on and just today the 4.0.8 patch.

Buying PF alone won't offer the broad specrum of flyable aircraft as the complete set and you can order a single DVD that gets you to 4.0.7 from GoGamer.com. It includes all the above mentioned titles on a single install and then there is just the one 4.0.8 patch to install.

Bearcat99
02-07-2007, 07:12 AM
What you wan t is this: IL2 46 (http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/ilst19.html). Dont bother buying PF. The only similarities between PF & CFS2 is the theater. In some ways CFS2 is actually better.... the maps are bigger... but IMO the maps in PF look better down low... and the FMs, DMs and overall graphics of PF are better than CFS2. IL2 46 is the tntire IL2 Forgotten Battles series all on one DVD. It contains Forgotten Battles, The Aces Expansion and Pacific Fighters in addition The Pe-2, Sturmoviks over manchuria and the 46 add ons..... definitely the best bang for the buck. The sim is challenging. It isnt a hop in the cockpit and rule the skies kind of sim. It takes a lot of practice and patience but the end result is well worth the effort IMO.

MiamiEagle
02-07-2007, 08:53 AM
Vinny_193 they are both different Sims base on the same Theater. They are both great sims. After upgrading CFS2 through the years and not been passionate about any Sim but the gender as whole. I can tell you fly them both and enjoy them both. CFS2 is the more flexible and the more user friendly but Pacific Fighter is better if you consider Online playing and diversity in Dynamic Campaigning.

When it come to graphics I find Pacific Fighter less apealling than CFS2 after all the upgrade done to its scenere texures by its community.

When it comes to the quality of planes you have to give it to Pacific Fighter even dow lately CFS2 throught its community has close the gap considerably.

CFS2 has more planes and a World wide map through it Mission Builder and better sounds. Pacitic Fighter or IL2 46 has the better water dynamic quality.

If I where you I would buy IL2 46 and keep my CFS2 install. This way you will support this hooby and at same time enjoy this two great Sims at your discretion.

MiamiEagle

aklabo
02-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Hi mate
I thing PF is 90% better then CFS2.
Only sound and size of maps are little better and that is ALL.
Water , clouds , terrain , flying ( feel of it ), Demage modelig , fire power and flying different planes. Best WW2 sim ever ( So far ) :winky
Get IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 Get it and enjoi it !!

Klabo_71st

MiamiEagle
02-07-2007, 10:26 PM
Aklabo I disagree with you. They are both great Sims.Yes, IL2 46 has some features that CFS2 does have like been able use the Bombers gun turrent. Been able to fly and fight in the Eastern Front and getting off from a carriers with your squadron.

On the other hand you cannot fly the Kate and Avenger on a torpedo run like you can do in CFS2.

You have more planes and Ships plus more sceneries and more ground objects in CFS2. You have maps from Alaska and central China and Australia that you will never have in this Sim.

You can recreate independant install from World war one, Spanish Civil war , Korea and World war two.

You see both this Sims are great.

I have them both and I love them both. They have enrich my enjoyment of this hooby.

I want to thank the developers of both this Sims and highly recomment you buy them both.

MiamiEagle

CornbreadPattie
02-07-2007, 11:46 PM
CFS2 didn't ship with flyable torpedo bombers. You have to do a bunk-a$$ cockpit and sound paste for them to work.

You can actually fly torpedo bombers in Il-2. First you need to make a dogfight online mission, open the mission with notepad and add the torpedo plane you want. Then you start in a flyable plane and start the engine and quit. Then select the torpedo bomber you want and fly it. It's from externals only, but CFS2 has a BAD reputation for crappy cockpits. If you do the VC fix for CFS2 stock planes, it looks like ****.

XyZspineZyX
02-08-2007, 08:44 AM
You mustnt forget though that CFS2 is a few years older than PF is. That plus it is fully moddable by its community. You can fly any gosh darn airplane you want as long as its available for download. There are some great mods out there for it. But it is showing its age.You can only do dogfight servers online with CFS2, there are no coop missions for it.

I havent touched CFS2 since PF came out because I got with the times. I'll have to reinstall it again though just for kicks.