PDA

View Full Version : Private Matches don't count?

EQWashu
01-05-2011, 07:32 PM
I was playing with a clan member and his friends in a private manhunt match, and one of his friends got a kill from inside the haystack, which shoulda given him "Needle in a Haystack". Only problem, it didn't. I also noticed my 2nd successful Benchwarmer did not get counted, leaving me with only the one. Are you just not able to get trophies/bonuses in Private matches of any kind?

EQWashu
01-05-2011, 07:32 PM
I was playing with a clan member and his friends in a private manhunt match, and one of his friends got a kill from inside the haystack, which shoulda given him "Needle in a Haystack". Only problem, it didn't. I also noticed my 2nd successful Benchwarmer did not get counted, leaving me with only the one. Are you just not able to get trophies/bonuses in Private matches of any kind?

Zoidberg747
01-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Of course not, then you could boost every achievement

DarkKing166
01-05-2011, 07:37 PM
yeah you could set it up to where a friend would let you get thouse kills or you would let them thus off setting the balence of skill and random chance. such as when i smoke bombed 3 templars and got the trophie that, random chance, right place right time.

Phyxsius-
01-06-2011, 02:57 AM
I got Needle in a Haystack when playing Introductory.

My legit question is this: Why can I get it in "Offline Mode", but not get it in legit "Online", be it Unranked as it is?

Food for thought.

Lyleator
01-06-2011, 03:03 AM
I'd say that's a bug / oversight Phyxsius

TheF00L82
01-06-2011, 03:07 AM
Private Matches don't count anything.

Player Matches do count however and are not Ranked. Also, if you get 7 friends, then all of you can get into a Player Match and boost challenges. May take a few tries to get everyone into the same game, but it can be done.

Easy way to get Needle in a Haystack:
During play, if your Contract is in a Haystack, Lock onto Haystack, but DO NOT attack. Instead, walk into the Haystack and jump in. This will expel your Contract out of the Haystack and your Lock will follow them. Now start pressing the Kill button. You'll drag them back in. Not only do you get the Needle challenge, but you'll get the Hidden bonus and the entertainment of ejecting someone from a stack only to pull them back in.

obliviondoll
01-06-2011, 04:17 AM
I got my "overachiever" trophy in my first run on the introductory session.

After seeing a thread about how it's impossible to get more than 750 points on a single kill and that trophy was [insert expletive here].

FearlessSpeach
01-06-2011, 05:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheF00L82:

Player Matches do count however and are not Ranked. Also, if you get 7 friends, then all of you can get into a Player Match and boost challenges. May take a few tries to get everyone into the same game, but it can be done.

During play, if your Contract is in a Haystack, Lock onto Haystack, but DO NOT attack. Instead, walk into the Haystack and jump in. This will expel your Contract out of the Haystack and your Lock will follow them. Now start pressing the Kill button. You'll drag them back in. Not only do you get the Needle challenge, but you'll get the Hidden bonus and the entertainment of ejecting someone from a stack only to pull them back in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also, nothing say's I'm better than you quite like the quick dive into a haystack and pop out as you fast walk up to a target near one. I learned that the hard way trying to hide on the corner of the herald square (Of Mount St) next to the haystack. Rome, Forli, and Siena all also have haystacks that people often chill next too.

tallinn1960
01-06-2011, 07:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phyxsius-:
I got Needle in a Haystack when playing Introductory.

My legit question is this: Why can I get it in "Offline Mode", but not get it in legit "Online", be it Unranked as it is?

Food for thought. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can get the Achievement/Trophy in the introductory session but not points for the challenge.

luth411
01-06-2011, 07:32 AM
It's a little goofy that you can do it in the introductory session, however, you can't boost with other players.

Of course you can't complete challenges in private sessions. You can complete them without actually doing the dirty work. Bench warmer is a tough one to get in a live game. It would be meaningless in a match with just you and friends.

KabouterPitta
01-06-2011, 08:50 AM
I tought ps3trophies said that all the multiplayertrophies beside the lvl 50 one, were boostable in private matches. Could be mistaken, but I'm quite sure they said that; unless they are wrong http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

EQWashu
01-07-2011, 02:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheF00L82:

During play, if your Contract is in a Haystack, Lock onto Haystack, but DO NOT attack. Instead, walk into the Haystack and jump in. This will expel your Contract out of the Haystack and your Lock will follow them. Now start pressing the Kill button. You'll drag them back in. Not only do you get the Needle challenge, but you'll get the Hidden bonus and the entertainment of ejecting someone from a stack only to pull them back in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats how I got my Needle in a haystack after spending sessions in haystacks waiting, I was lucky enough to push someone out of it after he did a leap of faith, and fortunately didn't react fast enough (otherwise I'd have more of those kinda kills) and BAM! Got that Nobleman sucker lol

Thanks for letting me know about private, I kinda had a feeling, I just wasn't positive.