PDA

View Full Version : Slumped AI pilot-not PK



FlatSpinMan
09-15-2006, 12:10 PM
Hi, I have another question. Are g-forces modelled on pilot figures in AI planes? I took this screenie the other day while I was dogfighting against a Gotha. I checked to see if I had killed the pilot and saw this. However, he shortly thereafter recovered and flew away.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/FlatSpinMan/Gforces.jpg

FlatSpinMan
09-15-2006, 12:10 PM
Hi, I have another question. Are g-forces modelled on pilot figures in AI planes? I took this screenie the other day while I was dogfighting against a Gotha. I checked to see if I had killed the pilot and saw this. However, he shortly thereafter recovered and flew away.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/FlatSpinMan/Gforces.jpg

Monty_Thrud
09-15-2006, 12:13 PM
No, the AI fly in WW view, he's keeping his eye on his target, cheating SOB.

FlatSpinMan
09-15-2006, 12:15 PM
God that Mosquito is low! Good pic. Don't think he was peeking though as I was the only enemy I think and I'm pretty sure I was above him.

MEGILE
09-15-2006, 12:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Monty_Thrud:
No, the AI fly in WW view, he's keeping his eye on his target, cheating SOB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Monty_Thrud
09-15-2006, 12:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FlatSpinMan:
God that Mosquito is low! Good pic. Don't think he was peeking though as I was the only enemy I think and I'm pretty sure I was above him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>


Then he was starring at his highly polished steel toe cap boots watching every move you made.

slipBall
09-15-2006, 12:30 PM
Just a little cat nap in between turns http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

horseback
09-15-2006, 01:56 PM
Maybe he has those narrow CH Pedals and had to adjust his uhhh... package.

cheers

horseback

Waldo.Pepper
09-15-2006, 02:46 PM
I think he's taking a leak!

Or maybe he's blacked out!

zbw_109
09-15-2006, 09:18 PM
Q:why do crew in bombers stay upright when shot?(Example TB3)

Enforcer572005
09-15-2006, 09:53 PM
the kill effect is very inconsistant...lots of resistance to such from PC morons etc.

You shoulda seen the original Il-2 when first released with the gore settings turned on.

zbw_109
09-16-2006, 04:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Enforcer572005:
You shoulda seen the original Il-2 when first released with the gore settings turned on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have 1.2 & 4.05m and have not seen any proper deaths even after fooling with config files

F6_Ace
09-16-2006, 05:29 AM
Dirty beggar is knocking out a crafty one while the level autopilot is on

Worf101
09-16-2006, 11:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by F6_Ace:
Dirty beggar is knocking out a crafty one while the level autopilot is on </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ewwww. That's nasty... funny but nasty...

Da Worfster..

carguy_
09-16-2006, 11:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zbw_109:
Q:why do crew in bombers stay upright when shot?(Example TB3) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only answer is that dead pilots are not modelled.
Shooting TB3 is troublesome.Needless to say I always go for the pilots.So when you get a PK the kill is reserved for you.Actually,the shot up bomber flies nicely for about 15minutes before it goes down.

F19_Ob
09-16-2006, 01:33 PM
In early il-2 the Gore-setting in the conf.ini file enabled bloodsplatter and a slumped over pilot, but in 3 planes only. Bf 109F2 or F4, He111 and the Russian boatplane MBR-2-AM-34.
They removed this feature with FB I think, but we never got any explanation.
On some plane the visual damage was lost aswell. P11 for example.

For my part the bloodsplatter wasn't nessesary but a slumped over pilot would have been a good way to show that the pilot was injured or killed, just like a hole in the wing indicates damage on the plane.

I'm glad they didn't descide to remove visual damage alltogether, wich is not that far fetched if considering the sims history so far.

DuxCorvan
09-16-2006, 05:39 PM
He switched on Autopilot, and had some sleep, while supernatural AI made the work. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

slo_1_2_3
09-16-2006, 08:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by F19_Ob:
In early il-2 the Gore-setting in the conf.ini file enabled bloodsplatter and a slumped over pilot, but in 3 planes only. Bf 109F2 or F4, He111 and the Russian boatplane MBR-2-AM-34.
They removed this feature with FB I think, but we never got any explanation.
On some plane the visual damage was lost aswell. P11 for example.

For my part the bloodsplatter wasn't nessesary but a slumped over pilot would have been a good way to show that the pilot was injured or killed, just like a hole in the wing indicates damage on the plane.

I'm glad they didn't descide to remove visual damage alltogether, wich is not that far fetched if considering the sims history so far. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey the crew in the he-111 still slump over when ya kill em, I'm not sure about the other two but the he-111 still has slumping crew just take some shots at the gunners in it and watch

leitmotiv
09-16-2006, 08:13 PM
He is studying the IL-2 manual---forgot which key is for the airbrake!

Lucius_Esox
09-17-2006, 05:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Dirty beggar is knocking out a crafty one while the level autopilot is on

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol..

Our description of the world says more about us than it does of the real world...

My first thought as well.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif