PDA

View Full Version : How does the Renown system work?

Savutay
04-06-2005, 11:52 PM
How does it add up? By the greatest number of ships sunk in a short amount of time? By boat? Does anyone know the order of highest renown by boats?

Savutay
04-06-2005, 11:52 PM
How does it add up? By the greatest number of ships sunk in a short amount of time? By boat? Does anyone know the order of highest renown by boats?

macker33
04-07-2005, 12:00 AM
Renown is like money,i think its something like 30 renown for shooting down a plane,boats are obviously more.
The figures are in one of the cfgs but i forget which one.

quillan
04-07-2005, 08:34 AM
It's scattered over different files. As a base value, you get 500 for reaching your assigned grid square, 200 for completing the 24 hour patrol, and 100 if you sail back to your starting port and dock there. Each ship and each plane has a set renown value. You earn that much if the ship/plane is Allied, lose that much if neutral, and lose TEN TIMES that much if it's Axis. Now, you don't get the full values for these. The game seems to add up the total and then give you a percentage of it. It appears that the higher your realism percentage, the higher percentage of earned renown is awarded, but it doesn't seem to match exactly. Prior to patch 1.2, for example, I was running at 72% realism, but the game was awarding me 79% of the total renown of everything accumulated. So, I think there may be something else involved that I haven't been able to find, but that's still a good idea of how it works.

Maj_Death
04-07-2005, 09:38 AM
I run at 95% realism, I get about 81% of the calculated renown for just completing the mission and getting back to base. I get about 5% of the calculated renown for killing ships and planes. I am pretty sure hull integrity plays a role but that isn't all. I normally return with 100% hull integrity.

Anyways renown is sort of like money as said. It is used to buy upgrades, advanced weapons, new subs and replacement crew.