PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering: Sound FX

Shr3dZ
03-13-2005, 10:31 PM
Im not really happy with the sound FX of the guns in most, perhaps all the planes. When in the cockpit it just sounds like rumbling bass, kinda like your stomach after a bad meal. And from external views it kinda sounds like laser beams or something...

Are there any replacement files that I can download to make them sound more like machine guns?

TIA~

-HH-Quazi
03-13-2005, 11:07 PM
You can't change any of th files that deal with the sound(s). The biggest bump I found that made the sounds actually better was going from on board sound or a SoundBlaster Live card to an Audigy 2. And then updating those drivers made the sounds even better.

The best thing for you to do m8 is post your dxdiag over in the Community Help forum and let the Dxdiag radiologists (Tech Guru's) read it. If there is an upgrade for your drivers, they will be able to tell you exactly what drivers you need and where to get them, along with instructions on how to install them. Instructions for posting a dxdiag is in the link at the bottom of my sig. Post your dxdiag in the Community Help forum and tell them that Quazi sent you. HEHEHEHE

-HH-Quazi
03-13-2005, 11:09 PM
Oh yea, and welcome to the community m8. We are a pretty close knit bunch around here. Stick around and participate some and you will find that out for yourself. S!

Shr3dZ
03-13-2005, 11:53 PM
Aww that sux.

The thing is, if you watch one of the first PF previews the sound FX on the Jap planes was awesome, totally sounded how I thought it should, but then after I installed it I was disappointed.

My posts are misleading~

LeadSpitter_
03-14-2005, 03:29 AM
hopefully for Battle of Britian they get rid of the outdated sound engine

TX-EcoDragon
03-14-2005, 12:51 PM
Go try original IL-2. . it's strange how much better it sounded than FB/AEP/PF. . .