PDA

View Full Version : Numerous pieces of Eden (SPOILER)

medcsu11
08-03-2011, 06:46 AM
Another thing I forgot about - recently again noticed is the raw number of apples as shown on the map in AC1. Now then, although it isn't exactly canon, it has been insinuated that many are in Templar hands, most notably the "time travel piece".
Anyhow, although I think the Ezio series of AC will focus mainly on the one passed from Altair, I wonder if other games will follow suit with other teams in search of other pieces (Denver, for example - although they have gone dark).
Looking over the wiki (not really a primary source, but it's something), it seems to state there are a LOT of apples out there that aren't in the Templar hands. This series could go on a long time...and this makes me happy.

medcsu11
08-03-2011, 06:46 AM
Another thing I forgot about - recently again noticed is the raw number of apples as shown on the map in AC1. Now then, although it isn't exactly canon, it has been insinuated that many are in Templar hands, most notably the "time travel piece".
Anyhow, although I think the Ezio series of AC will focus mainly on the one passed from Altair, I wonder if other games will follow suit with other teams in search of other pieces (Denver, for example - although they have gone dark).
Looking over the wiki (not really a primary source, but it's something), it seems to state there are a LOT of apples out there that aren't in the Templar hands. This series could go on a long time...and this makes me happy.

ShaneO7K
08-03-2011, 06:53 AM
Sorry, but what's the "time travel piece"?

Serrachio
08-03-2011, 06:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
Sorry, but what's the "time travel piece"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Templars did an experiment with a Piece of Eden to see if they could time travel, by sending a submarine forward in time.

It wasn't successful however.

LightRey
08-03-2011, 09:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
Sorry, but what's the "time travel piece"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Templars did an experiment with a Piece of Eden to see if they could time travel, by sending a submarine forward in time.

It wasn't successful however. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, it was kind of weird. They had a little success in the sense that it did appear "in a future state" for a little while. Tbh, I don't really like time-travel (unless it's regular forward time-travel of course :P) and I'd rather not see it implemented.

rileypoole1234
08-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Funny, I only like time travel if it's going to the past. Like Back To The Future. I don't want it in AC though. But, I do believe that Ubisoft will not jut top AC after AC3. They will make more AC games with or without pieces of Eden in them.

xCr0wnedNorris
08-03-2011, 09:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:

Actually, they did succeed in making it travel a few seconds into the future. They decided to stop testing due to the dangers of paradoxes and whatnot.

Serrachio
08-03-2011, 10:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:

Actually, they did succeed in making it travel a few seconds into the future. They decided to stop testing due to the dangers of paradoxes and whatnot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...And the fact that the people aboard the ship were permanently fused into the sides of the submarine.

Though it was technically possible, I wouldn't call an experiment like that a success if the end result is some kind of nightmare-inducing mind****ery.

AntiChrist7
08-03-2011, 10:31 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Experiment

well yeah there are a lot of pieces of eden, we only know about a few apples, the staff the sword and the shroud. there are about 50 locations on the codex map (the one you see with eagle vision)

Ureh
08-03-2011, 02:00 PM
I think the same email mentioned the Apple Altair claimed from Al Mualim. Lucy said that it was destroyed in DIA incident but we see it during the present (in AC2 and ACB). Continuity error? Lucy's lying or was unknowingly relaying false info to Desmond?

And another email mentioned something about the entire continent of Africa nearly void of life due to a plague. Estimated survivors number only in the hundreds. Are they still going with this?

LightRey
08-03-2011, 05:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ureh:
I think the same email mentioned the Apple Altair claimed from Al Mualim. Lucy said that it was destroyed in DIA incident but we see it during the present (in AC2 and ACB). Continuity error? Lucy's lying or was unknowingly relaying false info to Desmond?

And another email mentioned something about the entire continent of Africa nearly void of life due to a plague. Estimated survivors number only in the hundreds. Are they still going with this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, she never mentions anything about the apple in any of her emails, she says that to Desmond in person.
The other mail is interesting, yes. I think they're probably still going with that. Same would go for that email in all caps from that witness (possibly Erudito, since this guy was a good enough hacker to be able to mail Vidic directly and Erudito seems to be a pretty good hacker) from the incident in Denver.

Ureh
08-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Sorry about that! I wasn't specific enough. In my first sentence I forgot to mention that the email is from Rikkin to Vidic. Then followed that sentence with "Lucy said...etc etc". Didn't mean to imply that she wrote the email.

Hopefully they confirm whether or not she was lying (and if it was intentional). Maybe Abstergo thought they had Altair's PoE but he secretly hid one in Masyaf and the other in Cyprus.

What's also strange is that the PoE revealed locations of other apples on the globe after Altair killed Al Mualim. But if Abstergo truly had the same PoE then how come they didn't use it to reveal locations of others? And is Altair's apple the only one that can reveal locations of other apples? Maybe it will only show locations to people who have twcb blood? Then are there templars who have twcb blood in them?

LightRey
08-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Well it does seem to be able to recognize DNA, so it's quite possible that it needs TWCB blood. There could be more to it though. The apples, especially the one from Altair and Ezio, seem to be capable of doing some crazy stuff.