PDA

View Full Version : Not sure isf this is a bug or not but.. P-47 guns w broken gunsight..

Bearcat99
09-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Why is it that it seems that the guns fail to work once the gunsight is broken.. even if you manage to get up close on a bomber say.. and your gunsight gets bent.. That should not effect the guns.. they should still be just as effective and you should be able to still use them as long as you can direct the fire.. but it seems like once the gunsight goes.. they are visual only within no effect.. is it just me or what?

Bearcat99
09-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Why is it that it seems that the guns fail to work once the gunsight is broken.. even if you manage to get up close on a bomber say.. and your gunsight gets bent.. That should not effect the guns.. they should still be just as effective and you should be able to still use them as long as you can direct the fire.. but it seems like once the gunsight goes.. they are visual only within no effect.. is it just me or what?

Luno13
09-05-2011, 01:43 AM
I think it's just you. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif The problem with the P-47 vs other :broken: gunsights is that it remains in the on position (pipper still visible) and confuses your aim.

I honestly believe that Il-2 doesn't take gunsight on/off into consideration when calculating bullet strikes. You're either hitting the target or you're not - simple.

I guess the problem is compounded with .50 cals since it's harder to see the actual strikes, as compared to 20 mm shells.

Slightly OT, but I'm still waiting for proper US belting (with the option for Soviet belting for the scenarios that require it).

Bearcat99
09-06-2011, 08:17 PM
I dunno... I was well within convergance with 8 50s .. and not a spark... on a huge target.

TipsyTed
09-07-2011, 09:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
I dunno... I was well within convergance with 8 50s .. and not a spark... on a huge target. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you saying that guns appear to be firing, but no hits occur where they certainly should, or are you saying that the guns are not firing at all (as if jammed)?

Luno13
09-07-2011, 10:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I dunno... I was well within convergance with 8 50s .. and not a spark... on a huge target. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honestly, you were probably aiming under the target or something. Do you have a track?

horseback
09-07-2011, 11:34 AM
I've noticed this on several other a/c in the game over the years, even when the crosshairs' location can be easily guesstimated relative to the windshield framing, etc.

My theory is that the cockpit damage model on some a/c includes damage to the pilot's seat adjustment along with the gunsights; your default POV drops a few inches because your seat is broken...this changes the 'actual' location of your aiming point and throws your aim off.

It's either that or the game just 'decides' that you can no longer hit the broad side of a the proverbial barn.

cheers

horseback

JtD
09-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Being used to flying cockpit off fairly often I can assure you that a broken gunsight has no effect. I've fairly often realized that my gunsight is broken when switching the cockpit back on after a battle, and I had no trouble hitting all the way to the end.

Frequent_Flyer
09-07-2011, 04:19 PM
I've often wondered about the physics /trajectory of the projectile that damages the gunsight with no other damage to the cockpit/windscreen/canopy or injury to the pilot?