PDA

View Full Version : (spoilers) Did Subject 16 See Vault?

CEO_of_Abstergo
02-03-2010, 09:07 AM
(Beware, spoilers everywhere)

Subject 16 knows something about what Minerva refers to in the vault. How?

Look at the symbols in blood he left at end of AC1 / start of AC2:
- symbol of galactic alignment (an icon-like curved burning sun with planets near it and line going through it)
- the Mayan 13th Baktun (long-count Dec21,2012 end-of-world)
- a geomagnetic field reversal/fluctuation (the centered and largest image on chalkboard)

He shows with other symbols that he does know about the Templar's "Air Crusade 2012" with the PoE, yes, but why do some symbols such as above clearly refer to this planetary cataclysm stuff that only Minverva puts forth in the story?

Bring on the Theories!

CEO_of_Abstergo
02-03-2010, 09:07 AM

- symbol of galactic alignment (an icon-like curved burning sun with planets near it and line going through it)
- a geomagnetic field reversal/fluctuation (the centered and largest image on chalkboard)

He shows with other symbols that he does know about the Templar's "Air Crusade 2012" with the PoE, yes, but why do some symbols such as above clearly refer to this planetary cataclysm stuff that only Minverva puts forth in the story?

Bring on the Theories!

Blackglasswar
02-03-2010, 09:24 AM
Now this I like!!!

I have often thought about the blood and wondered about its references. Thank you for taking the time to make this comparrison. It might well explain why Subject 16 dies... Minerva speaks of Desmond, Subject 16s brain goes "Huh?! What the..." Neural overload brain burns out bring on the chosen one.

Also well pointed out with the end of the world thing... Mayans have been talking about apocolyptic 2012 for eyons and as we know the game is set in 2012 and the accurate translation of apocolyse is "illumination" this could well be on the right track.

Congrats my friend - good call

Captain Tomatoz
02-03-2010, 09:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CEO_of_Abstergo:
- a geomagnetic field reversal/fluctuation (the centered and largest image on chalkboard) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If your talking about the thing on the back of the bed. Then its a lorenz attractor. (AKA the butterfly effect)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5b/Lorenz_attractor_yb.svg

jimbo11235813
02-03-2010, 10:00 AM
How could I forget about that. I remembered about the Mayan date and how it's when the satellite is launched (think its a satellite, been a while since I played AC1), but I completely forgot about planets and the "geomagnetic field reversal/fluctuation" (I personally never knew what it was, even after AC2.)

It certainly looks like he did see the message.

SteelCity999
02-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Remember Minerva said there were multiple vaults that needed to be found in order to avoid the impending doom, so subject 16 probably saw one of those vaults but maybe not the Vatican's.

ljd184
02-03-2010, 02:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blackglasswar:
Now this I like!!!

Also well pointed out with the end of the world thing... Mayans have been talking about apocolyptic 2012 for eyons and as we know the game is set in 2012 and the accurate translation of apocolyse is "illumination" this could well be on the right track.

Congrats my friend - good call </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
actually 2012 is just the end of the mayan calendar

SWJS
02-03-2010, 04:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CEO_of_Abstergo:

Bring on the Theories! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The fact that 16 was directly descended from Adam, he probably met the real Minerva face-to-face, and saw the Cataclysm himself. He may have even seen the cration of the vaults. Since the world was Geographically different at that time, with very few landmarks, it would probably have been very difficult to locate them. With that in mind, Vidic may have also seen this, sparking his obssession. Abstergo probably kept the info confidential, ala The Matrix, to keep the truth from leaking out and making society unstable.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SteelCity999:
Remember Minerva said there were multiple vaults that needed to be found in order to avoid the impending doom, so subject 16 probably saw one of those vaults but maybe not the Vatican's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>This is also a good possibility.

CEO_of_Abstergo
02-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Interesting theories, but in AC2 the premise is established that only "special" folks, like those dubbed a prophet or those in the Assassin bloodline, can use PoEs to enter the vaults.

So to assume that Subj 16 saw ANY vault is to assume that he is an assassin or rebel templar, in the special bloodline/family (and therefore related to Altair, Ezio, and Desmond).

To assume subj16 saw all the way back to vault creation or hung around in Eden is interesting, but more plausible I think is that he saw one of the vaults (because he is an assassin family member like Desmond).

Stay with me. For argument let's conclude Subj16 does somehow know the message from the vaults/hologram about impending doom...

Note that Minvera's hologram vs sub16's recorded memory are two different things from two sources. The hologram is saying, "We were your gods and creators and are speaking through the Animus to give you a friendly warning to save yourselves from the planets." Subject 16 knows that message, and his truth vid is showing you where we came from, the 'truth' about the adman/eve/eden story we know - that we were made by those hitech aholes TO BE SLAVES and we escaped their grasp.

My theory on it all: subject 16 knows the vault msgs and is trying to say "Hey Animus subjects, when you see those damned vaults, don't trust them, TWCB are not your friendly gods! They are ahole slavemasters. And they're dead, so the holograms may even be plants from Templar Animus hacks! Here's the TRUTH about our origins and these damned apples."

See what I'm getting at? Agree/don't? Like/dislike?

Blackglasswar
02-04-2010, 08:46 AM
Where do I buy electronic trophies? I want to get one inscribed for CE to say "Theorist of the year".

This is a very valid theory and takes the content of "the truth" and Minervas message as polar opposites like many scientific theories do with other subjects (especially psychology). I applaud you once more CEO...

Good call!

SWJS
02-04-2010, 11:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Note that Minvera's hologram vs sub16's recorded memory are two different things from two sources. The hologram is saying, "We were your gods and creators and are speaking through the Animus to give you a friendly warning to save yourselves from the planets." Subject 16 knows that message, and his truth vid is showing you where we came from, the 'truth' about the adman/eve/eden story we know - that we were made by those hitech aholes TO BE SLAVES and we escaped their grasp. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>One thing: 16 doesn't necessarily know the message in the vault. He could have possibly had a mayan ancestor that oversaw the construction of a vault. He could also have just been referencing the scheduled launch date of Abstergo's sattelites. 16 primarily wants to reveal the truth of humanity's creation, and the effects of the Templars and POEs throughout history, as shown in his glyph puzzles. The truth video just shows us Adam and Eve(human/precursor hybrids and the first assassins), stealing the Apple and igniting the war between the Humans and precursors. There could be more to 16s Adam and Eve sessions, or more sessions revolving around the date of the truth video, showing the cataclysm and construction of the vaults. This may also explain why his sessions are kept confidential.

godsmack_darius
02-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Fun fact = Apocolypse in Greek translation means... Revolution http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Now heres some more ideas.

Blackglasswar
02-08-2010, 06:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by godsmack_darius:
Fun fact = Apocolypse in Greek translation means... Revolution http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Now heres some more ideas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you Dan Brown... mentions the same translation in The Lost Symbol...

Everyone seems to be loving the apocolypse at the moment. Bring on 2012!!! Maybe the apocolypes will save us from the London 2012 Olympics... I just have this GOD AWFUL feeling that the opening ceremony will be worse than the handover!!! Yep - thats exactly what UK is like... chavs and toffs getting on just fine and dancing at a bus stop whilst the bus transforms into a mutant celeb carrier.

Someone needs to send an assassin to whoever thought that handover up!

SWJS
02-08-2010, 10:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blackglasswar:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by godsmack_darius:
Fun fact = Apocolypse in Greek translation means... Revolution http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Now heres some more ideas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everyone seems to be loving the apocolypse at the moment. Bring on 2012!!! Maybe the apocolypes will save us from the London 2012 Olympics... I just have this GOD AWFUL feeling that the opening ceremony will be worse than the handover!!! Yep - thats exactly what UK is like... chavs and toffs getting on just fine and dancing at a bus stop whilst the bus transforms into a mutant celeb carrier.

Someone needs to send an assassin to whoever thought that handover up! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Was that really necessary? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Incase you haven't noticed, the 2012 phenomenon plays a major role in AC2. Perhaps godsmack was refering to the in-game version of 2012, rather than him actually believing in it, because I doubt he does.

Honestly the whole 2012 thing is in my opinion a load of templar balogna. However, like disco in the 70s, it's taking the world by storm, and people are going to milk it dry.

AC2 just happened to make it more interesting than just worldwide natural disasters. They've shoehorned it into the middle of a Templar/Assassin conflict surrounded my mystery, secrecy, and conspiracy, with the Assassin side losing and the fate of the world resting in the hands of a newbie assassin bartender.

Well done Corey May. Well done.

CEO_of_Abstergo
02-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Most hints I see point to AC3 being during the Revolution (Europe/US 18th cent).

But back on the subject - subject 16 that is, and what he knows about the vault's message...

This is conjecture - I get the feeling he KNOWS everything there is to find out already before AC1 starts, and your whole unknown goal is to puppet-control Desmond in AC1, 2, and 3 in order to find out the same things he found out (at the cost of his own sanity).

In both AC1 and 2 Sub16 leaves messages that you ultimately come LATER to understand after you experience more things in Animus-land... as if he was already there. I think every life memory Desmond experiences so far are things that Subj16 already experienced. At some point in his journey he could no longer hack it (from the bleeding, the truth of human origin, templar agendas, and possible doomsdays). We don't know how far he got before he combusted, and we don't know whether Desmond will make it to the same point of understanding or farther.

If you entertain this notion, then Subj16 saw the vault, the truth, all in between, and a whole lot more; Desmond is the one who knows less, not more, and is catching up. I don't think Subj16 just got exhausted and insane, rather he went insane from finding the "WHOLE TRUTH" (not just about eden & origin story). What could that be (in AC3)?

Blackglasswar
02-08-2010, 03:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:

Someone needs to send an assassin to whoever thought that handover up! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Was that really necessary? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes... 2012 is the end of the world/ apocolypse in the form of Boris Johnson - the bringer of (W)OMG.

though once again CEO raises an interesting point... did "the truth" make 16 insane or was it just that he couldn't cut it??? oooh the plot thickens and I await answers from AC4 like loyal LOST fans who have clung to it since season 1 wanting the know the answer

SWJS
02-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Most hints I see point to AC3 being during the Revolution (Europe/US 18th cent).

But back on the subject - subject 16 that is, and what he knows about the vault's message...

This is conjecture - I get the feeling he KNOWS everything there is to find out already before AC1 starts, and your whole unknown goal is to puppet-control Desmond in AC1, 2, and 3 in order to find out the same things he found out (at the cost of his own sanity).

In both AC1 and 2 Sub16 leaves messages that you ultimately come LATER to understand after you experience more things in Animus-land... as if he was already there. I think every life memory Desmond experiences so far are things that Subj16 already experienced. At some point in his journey he could no longer hack it (from the bleeding, the truth of human origin, templar agendas, and possible doomsdays). We don't know how far he got before he combusted, and we don't know whether Desmond will make it to the same point of understanding or farther.

If you entertain this notion, then Subj16 saw the vault, the truth, all in between, and a whole lot more; Desmond is the one who knows less, not more, and is catching up. I don't think Subj16 just got exhausted and insane, rather he went insane from finding the "WHOLE TRUTH" (not just about eden & origin story). What could that be (in AC3)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:

Someone needs to send an assassin to whoever thought that handover up! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Was that really necessary? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes... 2012 is the end of the world/ apocolypse in the form of Boris Johnson - the bringer of (W)OMG.

though once again CEO raises an interesting point... did "the truth" make 16 insane or was it just that he couldn't cut it??? oooh the plot thickens and I await answers from AC4 like loyal LOST fans who have clung to it since season 1 wanting the know the answer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Subject 16 went insane because of the bleeding effect. Kinda like one giant ancestral acid trip, only you can feel it. Lucy confirms this in AC2.

I doubt 16 went insane because of "the truth", because Vidic and his superiors also saw it, and we don't see them painting the walls with their own blood do we?

bokeef04
02-08-2010, 10:27 PM
i doubt it was the truth that caused it, as Desmond also saw the truth and he hasn't gone insane yet, and during the puzzles it's obvious from the way 16 talks that he is reliving his ancestors memories

If 16 has already seen the vault what use is there for Desmond? the first game shows that Vidic is monitoring all that goes on in the animus, meaning anything 16 saw Vidic would know, also in the vault Minerva addresses Desmond, not Neumann, which wouldn't make sense as Desmond is reliving a memory, unless Minerva knew Neumann was going to go insane, maybe thats what tipped Neumann over the edge and led Vidic to Desmond

SWJS
02-08-2010, 10:56 PM
This^ http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Nevvr
02-09-2010, 06:42 AM
I'd just like to point out that, in 'The Truth' hidden video, it doesn't feel clear to me that 16 is descended from Adam at all, what we see are Adam and Eve running through the area, but we see them from behind, several times, Eve looks back directly at the camera, Also, the camera shakes as it tails the pair, giving the impression that the viewer is also free running behind them.

This indicates to me that there is a third person, that 16 was embodied within at the time of him recording the video. So in effect, there are not the biblical pair of Adam and Eve escaping the oppression but three people.

Now, to guessing... I'd like to propose that the third person is Able, as in Cain and Able. Through the puzzles you must decode we learn that Cain becomes (I believe) the originator of the Templars, logically, seeing as how they are effective opposites, Able must always be his nemisis, and likely the originator of Assassins.....? (feel free to correct this)

Seeing as how both are 'divine' personas however, it may just be some random unnamed (for now) person who escapes with them.

Cheers,
Adi

nightcobra
02-09-2010, 07:36 AM
i find that unlikely (not to bash or anything, let's be civil),the whole game is seen in a third person perspective and at desmond segments there are times when the camera switches to first person like when entering the animus while in ancestors segments that is not the case (although that could be to make the game more cinematic) , also minerva talked to the camera as if there was another person even though there was no one there apart from minerva and ezio.

CEO_of_Abstergo
02-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Good responses... just to clarify, I don't assume Subj16 went insane from seeing "the truth" eden video, rather from seeing THE SUM of all that he did learn in the truth, the vault, and all his poking around in the Animus both while Abstergo watched and on his own time at night. As if he knows the answers about both the origins of man, the Abstergo plan, the cataclysm/apocalypse, and how it all ties together. That would be enough to drive someone insane, and it means Desmond's mission for Abstergo and the Assassins is to pick up where Subj16 left off. But, because we don't know exactly what he came across when using the Animus or bleeing by himself (without Abstergo over his shoulder). There are stolen/missing segments of his memories mentioned. What he ultimately put together made him 'bleed it out' in symbols. He is trying to tell the Assassins, but not Abstergo, ALL that he came to find out. There are glyphs about the vaults, the end-world prophecy, the truth, etc. He knows it all. So what is "it all"? That its all gonna blow so screw it, slash our wrists? What I'm wondering is: is there something he is trying to tell the Assassins as to who exactly is the "good guys" vs "bad guys" in all this?

xBranigan79
02-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Good responses... just to clarify, I don't assume Subj16 went insane from seeing "the truth" eden video, rather from seeing THE SUM of all that he did learn in the truth, the vault, and all his poking around in the Animus both while Abstergo watched and on his own time at night. As if he knows the answers about both the origins of man, the Abstergo plan, the cataclysm/apocalypse, and how it all ties together. That would be enough to drive someone insane, and it means Desmond's mission for Abstergo and the Assassins is to pick up where Subj16 left off. But, because we don't know exactly what he came across when using the Animus or bleeing by himself (without Abstergo over his shoulder). There are stolen/missing segments of his memories mentioned. What he ultimately put together made him 'bleed it out' in symbols. He is trying to tell the Assassins, but not Abstergo, ALL that he came to find out. There are glyphs about the vaults, the end-world prophecy, the truth, etc. He knows it all. So what is "it all"? That its all gonna blow so screw it, slash our wrists? What I'm wondering is: is there something he is trying to tell the Assassins as to who exactly is the "good guys" vs "bad guys" in all this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

CEO i am with you on this whole-heartedly. I read your earlier post about what Sub 16 is trying to show us vs. what Manerva is trying to show us. (Possible Spoiler here) but, "IF" what Manerva told us in the vault is to be believed then AC3 will have a very simple story line, 1.) Stop the Templars/whoever is trying to get the POE's / Vaults and 2.) Find the vaults stop the end of the worl. HOWEVER, i think what is really going on here is this. (My theory here not saying its fact) Humans were created by the Dieties to be slaves, Dieties got it on with some humans and had the halflings. Halflings (assassins) discoverd something evil that the Dieties were trying to acomplish. There was a war and the halflings figured out how to contain the Dieties but not stop them. Before being defeated the Dieties designed a way using some type of key (probably the temples) to be able to come back. Now they are trying to trick Desmond into using those keys to unlock w/ever it is so that they can come back and rule. Sub 16 started to figure this out. Probably assuming he would either die or be killed before he could figure it out, and before he went completley insane, he tried to send out a warning (the blood writing from AC1, and the Glyphs/TRUTH from AC2). I know this is all really far fetched and I'm probably completly wrong, but it does sound like a cool way for the series to end. And, you have to admit the series could go this way......anything is possible.

SteelCity999
02-10-2010, 11:57 AM
I believe what you are basically stating is that it will be a Harry Potter type plot -- Valdemort left pieces, items with his soul in them, behind so he could be reborn and then take over the world again. Maybe that is the impending doom they speak of...in that theory. That would be possible if it were not so heavily based on 2012. A good twist though.

xBranigan79
02-10-2010, 12:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SteelCity999:
I believe what you are basically stating is that it will be a Harry Potter type plot -- Valdemort left pieces, items with his soul in them, behind so he could be reborn and then take over the world again. Maybe that is the impending doom they speak of...in that theory. That would be possible if it were not so heavily based on 2012. A good twist though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well great point about 2012, and that could throw the timing off....or it could be that is some way 2012 some how plays a big part in being able to unlock all the temples.

CEO_of_Abstergo
02-10-2010, 02:20 PM
Right on, xBranigan79, I think you are on the money and are "reading between the lines" in the plot. I don't even find what you propose far-fetched myself. I really do get the sense that Desmond via that hologram is being setup/tricked/used somehow in a way we have yet to be fully told... until AC3. I agree that subj16 found out the full deal of info and is doing exactly what you say in laying it out for the assassins, and us viewers. Good points.

xBranigan79
02-10-2010, 03:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xBranigan79:
Right on, xBranigan79, I think you are on the money and are "reading between the lines" in the plot. I don't even find what you propose far-fetched myself. I really do get the sense that Desmond via that hologram is being setup/tricked/used somehow in a way we have yet to be fully told... until AC3. I agree that subj16 found out the full deal of info and is doing exactly what you say in laying it out for the assassins, and us viewers. Good points. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well once again i agree, i mean these Dieties have to have a hidden agenda. I mean thier basically "gods" and it cant just be this easy. I MEAN THEY ENSLAVED THEIR CREATIONS and CHASED THE HALFLINGS and now all the sudden they just want to play nice and help us out of a jam. No, no, no....i'm sorry that just doesnt add up.

I guess being a fan of this stuff watching movies like THE DAVINCI CODE, NATIONAL TREASURE, the BOURNE MOVIES etc. sort of makes you expect the unexpected. Which is why i really latched onto what you were saying in your post. I had been sort of formulating an opionion on what will happen after i finished AC2 and thanks to you for stimulating that opinion even more. You basically just helped me confirm what i was already thinking. However, so far UBI Soft hasnt done anything predictable and so i am sort of ready to expect the unexpected which is why i have my opionion but its also why i think i could be completly wrong. There is a lot they could do with the story in AC3 they are good at leaving a lot of options open. But, if this idea comes true i think it will be one heck of a ride, and also probably atleast a 2 part game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

colebrandon10
02-10-2010, 03:48 PM
ok i havent play AC1 would i need to know the full thing cuz im thinkin im missing some clues that would help transition into the epicness of what they came up with. Also i would like to know if subject 16 was lucy's boyfriend.

xBranigan79
02-10-2010, 03:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by colebrandon10:
ok i havent play AC1 would i need to know the full thing cuz im thinkin im missing some clues that would help transition into the epicness of what they came up with. Also i would like to know if subject 16 was lucy's boyfriend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never finished AC1 myself, although i went back and did some research on what happend so that i would be caught up. (there is a lot going on in AC1 and 2 that when you start playing you think well this has to be a side story. But, as you play you start to realize that "ohh wait this is the main story") You can YOUTUBE alot of it just by going and typing in what you want to know. Basically there is a lot going on from the first game that ties into the second.

1.) What specifically is it from AC1 you want to know.

2.) I think the general consensus is there is some sort of connection between sub 16 and Desmond. Most seem to think that both of them are decendents of Altair/Ezio. Not sure if they are directly related but i think there is a connection there. Never thought about if Lucy and 16 were intimate although that is an interesting idea, could explain a few things.