PDA

View Full Version : My comments about clouds and water in 401

Ailantd
06-16-2005, 06:23 AM
My coments are comparing the old beta I have (beta 5 I think)with the final released patch:

About new clouds, in very bad weather, like blind or rain I think the amount of clouds and overcast was bigger. I like it more than the final one. Note: I have no issues of framerate with the clouds.

About the water. I have a hi end system:
Amd 3000 Mz with 64 bits technologie, 1 Gb ram and a FX 6800 256 pci express. So in the beta patch I can run all in hi settings very well, even the water=3. But for any reason, with the final patch when I have water=3 the effect is seen, but framerate drop to 3-4 frames per second. I have the last drivers of nvidia the same that I have with the beta. Anybody with this issue?

Ailantd
06-16-2005, 06:23 AM
My coments are comparing the old beta I have (beta 5 I think)with the final released patch:

About new clouds, in very bad weather, like blind or rain I think the amount of clouds and overcast was bigger. I like it more than the final one. Note: I have no issues of framerate with the clouds.

About the water. I have a hi end system:
Amd 3000 Mz with 64 bits technologie, 1 Gb ram and a FX 6800 256 pci express. So in the beta patch I can run all in hi settings very well, even the water=3. But for any reason, with the final patch when I have water=3 the effect is seen, but framerate drop to 3-4 frames per second. I have the last drivers of nvidia the same that I have with the beta. Anybody with this issue?

Ailantd
06-17-2005, 03:26 AM
Also, in the beta was a really difference between weather types and it´s clouds, but now... Can anyone tell me what is the cloud diference between good and hazy weather?? It looks the same...

I don´t understand this.

AWL_Spinner
06-17-2005, 04:46 AM
Have to say I don't like the new rain/snow setting at all.

Before there was a kind of dingy gloom with a nice dark landscape, now the landscape is just as dark but the sky is way, way brighter. It looks really unnatural. I expect to see rainbows with all that sunlight about.