PDA

View Full Version : Comp choose mag or normal

Slackjaw190
05-16-2005, 06:53 AM
Im using auto aiming at the moment until i finish my current career and i was wondering if the computer decides to use magnetic or a normal shot. If i look at the event camera the torps always seem to hit the side of the ship. Is there a way to change this?

Slackjaw190
05-16-2005, 06:53 AM
Im using auto aiming at the moment until i finish my current career and i was wondering if the computer decides to use magnetic or a normal shot. If i look at the event camera the torps always seem to hit the side of the ship. Is there a way to change this?

The Avon Lady
05-16-2005, 07:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Slackjaw190:
Im using auto aiming at the moment until i finish my current career and i was wondering if the computer decides to use magnetic or a normal shot. If i look at the event camera the torps always seem to hit the side of the ship. Is there a way to change this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not sure I understand your question but if it's the following, I fully agree with you:

When playing with difficulty options set to enable automatic torpedo targetting, if a torpedo is set to use a magnetic trigger, SH3 should automatically set the torp's depth to go under the target's keel and, in rough seas, to adjust it a little deeper than usual.

Is that what you meant?

Slackjaw190
05-16-2005, 07:18 AM
yeah thats what i mean thx

Lovo_Kasistan
05-16-2005, 07:24 AM
You can still open the TDC (F6) and choose the depth, speed and pistol manually.

The Avon Lady
05-16-2005, 07:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lovo_Kasistan:
You can still open the TDC (F6) and choose the depth, speed and pistol manually. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No arguments. That's what I'm doing now.

But it's illogical not to auto-adjust the depth if the player selects a magnetic trigger and the computer is doing the rest of the calculations anyway.

T.Rex
05-16-2005, 08:24 AM
I disagree. For magnetic pistol you may want different depth depending on weather condition, ships previous damage etc. There's even more to take into account with impact pistol.
BTW I use auto targeting myself too. And what I say, there should have been warning that default torpedo depth isn't allways optimal.

The Avon Lady
05-16-2005, 08:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T.Rex:
I disagree. For magnetic pistol you may want different depth depending on weather condition, ships previous damage etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We're talking about an automated depth for magnetic triggers. This will not prevent you from manually changing the recommended default auto depth we're suggesting.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There's even more to take into account with impact pistol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Again, everything would still be manually adjustable, as it is now. Just that right now, auto-targetting's depth makes no sense at all for magnetic triggers.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">BTW I use auto targeting myself too. And what I say, there should have been warning that default torpedo depth isn't allways optimal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Blah! We don't need no stinkin' warnings! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Beuf_Ninja
05-16-2005, 07:50 PM
I noticed from playing the game with auto TDC that if you target the engine room (from the Recognition manual)for instance the game adjusts the torpedo depth to the correct depth. If you don't select a target area the torpedo runs at the depth displayed on the TDC (F6). That was in 1.2 though...