PDA

View Full Version : Test Runway 1+2

PlusWave
01-06-2005, 10:55 AM
Hello,

could it be realized to get testrunways which don't be so high?
I would like to build missions with such runways. But it should be possible to roll from them to flat land.
I would like to build missions with airfields at other places but at the moment these runways are lying like flat boxes in the surrounding.

To make really beautiful airfields it would be nice if the runways would be as flat as the land.

PlusWave

tB_Blueknight
01-06-2005, 08:59 PM
You could put them in the water. I do to make up for the inability to take off from a carrier in multiplayer. Also try putting them in different island look for a semi flat place thats what I have done although I'm just a noob at this but it does work http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

LEXX_Luthor
01-06-2005, 09:12 PM
I am thinking that the old "official" airfields we have long had all require Full 100% flat land--something you don't find often on the maps. The maps have regions specially created 100% flat for the old airfields. As far as I know, about the only place you readily find 100% flat land that is not special made for old airfields is along the rivers. The Test Runways are raised so they can work even when placed on land that is not fully 100% flat--very rare in FB maps.

eddiemac0
01-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Then they should be made into continuous ramps, so they can still be raised so you can get on and off of them... IMO

PlusWave
01-07-2005, 05:45 AM
Hi,

I want to create something like this:

http://www.pluswave.de/Downloads/PWX_A02.jpg

PlusWave

Brutal67
01-07-2005, 08:55 AM
If you want something like this you will have to find a map with a airfield that already exists. We don't have the ability to place those types of airfields in your screenshot. Look aound there are plenty of maps with airfield like that.

PlusWave
01-07-2005, 10:58 AM
Hi Brutal,

perhaps you understand me wrong.

I don't want to get maps with airfields ready created like in the screenie.

I want to build those airfields for my campaign for myself.
But i want to build those fields at places where we don't just have one.
I am building a campaign with an alternate, fictional story and I would like to build fields at places where historically none where.

And for that I could need an airstrip object which isn't so high (thick).
PlusWave.

LEXX_Luthor
01-07-2005, 08:57 PM
As we posted above but you may not have seen it, flat Test Runways won't work with our maps, the maps are special made flat for the official airfields.

We will have to make do with the raised runways. But at least they work, and that is the most important thing.