PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty levels

saros.exe
10-04-2007, 02:34 PM
I haven't seen a thread about this in particular so does anyone know / have heard of difficulty levels?
I would love to have difficulty levels, as long as on hard the guards don't take 20 hits to kill. What do you think?

saros.exe
10-04-2007, 02:34 PM
I haven't seen a thread about this in particular so does anyone know / have heard of difficulty levels?
I would love to have difficulty levels, as long as on hard the guards don't take 20 hits to kill. What do you think?

yehonatan.roth
10-04-2007, 02:52 PM
iam assuming that because the game develapors say'd there makeing it as realistacly as possible there will be no diffuculty levels and that the difficulty will rise according to your edvancement in the game (first mission master assassin you do a mistake so it will be very very hard iam guessing)

at least that's what sounds reasnoble to me...

Magnus_LTD
10-04-2007, 03:10 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif Yeah, I agree.

AnimationSensai
10-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Why would they make the game really hard at the beginning?? That doesn't make sense at all!

AoKH_newIdea
10-04-2007, 03:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">(first mission master assassin you do a mistake so it will be very very hard iam guessing) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nah, they already said the first part of the game will be pretty easy. There's other ways to make a player lose a mission other than just making the level hard. They can make the final goal out of reach, use a cutscene, etc., etc...

spazzoo1025
10-04-2007, 03:47 PM
wow a useful thread for once http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

umm but i'm thinking maybe when you return to your mission guy, you'll get scored or graded or evaluated or something, and if you did really good, it'll get a bit harder. If u totally stunk it up, it might b a bit easier. dunno yet

Kinda like adaptive AI

saros.exe
10-04-2007, 03:48 PM
But I mean it doesn't really have to affect the realizm of the game, like amount of hits you can take. It could be like the guards would becoume more numerous and aggressive, and the target's AI would be better when running away. Or make the timing for blocks more tight and the probability of blocking less. Like a lot of small details would make the world a little bit ot a lot more challenging.

KlNDRED
10-04-2007, 06:21 PM
I dont think there will be difficulty levels.
Kinda like Fable, the difficulty will increase as you go

fiero1992
10-04-2007, 07:07 PM
hope they have many difficulty levels, I want as much replay value as possible

mefninja
10-04-2007, 07:11 PM
ive yet to play a sandbox with difficulty levels.. anyone think of any??

V0lcanus
10-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Yes, i have... oblivion.

and i doubt there will be difficulty levels, because thats not realistic. Because, like it has been stated many times, getting hit in a fatal place is fatal, you cant regulate that with a difficulty setting without deteriorating the realism.

mefninja
10-04-2007, 07:43 PM
ooh yeah oblviion has that difficulty bar.. you can change it whenever you want haha was kinda lame

seasamstraat
10-05-2007, 11:31 AM
Ive readed that the guards will be more agrassive when you are completing missions but i think thats stupid http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif but im glad that they maked the guards attack you at the same time and not waiting.

Skaevola
10-05-2007, 11:32 PM
I don't want to start this argument again, but it's gonna burst out of me in the Sigs thread if I don't say it now...
I'm all in favor of guards attacking you all at the same time, if guards can accidentally hurt each other. In real life, it'd be pretty stupid to jump on someone when your friend was already attacking him.

OKAY! Back on subject... Unlike in Fable or Oblivion, they can't just send more powerful monsters at you the higher level you get. You're always going to be fighting humans, and it's not like they can send Arnold Schwartzeneggars at you when you're almost done with the game. I'm sensing an "Easy, Medium, Hard" system, or just nothing at all, and the game will just send more baddies at you as you go along, Half-Life style.

seasamstraat
10-06-2007, 01:32 AM
But someone said that the guards will attack you at the same time. And why should they hit each other, maby they look before they are gonna hit. If someone is fighting altair somebody else can hit altair in the back.

T_Spoon_UK
10-06-2007, 03:12 AM
....I hope its difficult... fed up of all that easy games that are coming out these days.

dragfindel
10-06-2007, 04:20 AM
i hope not for adaptive ai since it ppl will exploit it 9Just die to much and there will less guards etc)

quicksilver_502
10-06-2007, 07:57 AM
i think its like you adjust your difficulty by how you play. if you want to test yourself then get a hundred guards on you and then try and do the mission. but we really need a dev.

MeAltairLol
10-06-2007, 02:47 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif, Patrice said you play the game how you want it to play. That means that if you play all sneaky and low profile, you make it easier concerning your alert level, but, of course, that means you can't do parkour. If you want to play it full blast, high profile, than the game gets harder. PLUS There is a kind of Difficulty progression. There's 3 targets in every city. Before any of the assassinations, the guards aren't suspicious or anything, but after the 3rd assassination, the guards will have their weapons drawn at all times, even the slightest climb will warn them...

Hope y'all understood that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

NotLordAtkin
10-08-2007, 12:59 PM
now my opinion: I think, that there WILL be difficulty levels.
remember the original concept of the game?

I think that the hardest level enemies will kill you on one hit, as it was originally planned.

jonavoly
10-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Depending on how much you get the crowd on your side (with side quests) it will get easier...

Do no side quests: Impossible
Do all side quests: Too easy...

Lordgrunty11
10-08-2007, 01:49 PM
I hope they have a extremely realistic and difficult option.

Gravity1337
10-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Here's the thing about "side quests", what you're referring to is the reconnaissance part of the mission, side quests are completely different.

So, you can get the crowd on your side, and get vital information, these little mini games can be done up to 6 times, and no less than twice.

The more times you do it, the better the crowd will react to you (i.e. people on your side) and you will know more knowledge as to the best places to hide/run, and where are the weak points in your target's guards.

I also have a speculation about difficulty levels: what if they are gauged by the aggression of people attacking you, like you know, you guys complain about how guards don't attack you at the same time, well maybe if you crank up the difficulty bar (or whatever) they will attack simultaneously, and ruthlessly.

He he he he......

Karl_93
10-09-2007, 10:08 AM
um not exactly gravity. Resonance part of the mission is when you go around, pick pockets, eavesdrop and the like. There are 6 resonance missions that are possible to do. Side quests are just for helping you in the game, like helping the crowd become more friendly to u and having the monks help you. But these arent the resonance missions, and you can do as many side quests as you can find, not only 6

Gravity1337
10-09-2007, 12:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Karl_93:
um not exactly gravity. Resonance part of the mission is when you go around, pick pockets, eavesdrop and the like. There are 6 resonance missions that are possible to do. Side quests are just for helping you in the game, like helping the crowd become more friendly to u and having the monks help you. But these arent the resonance missions, and you can do as many side quests as you can find, not only 6 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope you didnt get that information out of your ***, and I hope you also know what resonance means. It was a typo on my part, I ment to say reconnaissance.

=/

Karl_93
10-10-2007, 09:19 AM
ahaha i new it was spelt wrong i just couldn't remember the right spelling so i copied yours http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

And no I didnt get that info out my ***. A side quest is more like 'help the farmer collect his cattle,' while a reconnaissance missions is more like picking pockets and stuff.

RetiredHatch
10-10-2007, 02:36 PM
The game starts off very difficult if you recall the first mission you get a taste of being the master assassin but then you fail and you lose all of your master assassin gear and that's why the beginning of the game will be difficult

Now at the beginning (after the previous mission) of the game since you are not a known assassin if you are doing flips in the town square the guards will hardly take notice to you because again you are not a known assassin as you near the end of the game and you start to kill your targets one by one the guards will begin to recognize you more and be alerted by your presence more (this is confirmed by the way) and maybe (maybe) if you walk by a guard he will begin chase right away even if you didn't do anything wrong (otherwise theyll just keep their eye on you)

I think that's where the difficult lies...

Also, people have talked of the side quests where you're swaying the crowd toward your favor like helping the beggars or saving someone from being mugged... or you could kill the person being mugged... and push the beggar out of the way.... and that dictates crowd difficulty.... if you help these people then they will help you later if you push them around they will push you around when the chase in on...

Or even the order in which you do your missions... (it's absolute free for you to choose which mission you do first (atleast they give you some sort of options maybe two or three at a time) when you complete your missions you will get... level ups or items like better boots (more stability while running) or gloves... (climb with more speed or ability to hang on longer) that might be useful in a different mission... well if the gloves would have made this mission easier and you did it without the gloves bravo but that's another factor in difficulty http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif