PDA

View Full Version : My big DLC Idea

Minion5
01-02-2010, 01:25 AM
Ok, so I absolutelly love this game first off. Such an improvement from AC1. Anyway, I have an Idea for downloadable content if the developers are intrested. I suggest extending the war with the Templars, and make it something that cant neccessarily end. Like the new gameplay mechanics introduced when fighting with marios men was really cool. Being part of a large force felt really awsome. So I suggest laying out Templar bases all accross the cities. Then do the same for Marios men (and your men). Have random attacks take place where you can order men to attack, and if you please go with them to help. There would be random missions to assassinate Templar generals and little side stuff like that. It would be cool to get involved in a territorial war with the Templars. You should introduce further command mechanics than before as well. Such as "Retreat" and "Defend". If you really wish to put quality into this, look at the Godfather 2 game for inspiration. The money you get in Villa will increase with each base you control, and you would have to spend some of it to hire more men, and place them in differant bases to defend. I think this would really involve the player into the game after the main storyline. The DLC would require you to beat the game, because then you are free to fully focus on the war. You could even call upon the other assassins to lead attacks or defences, like mario. This would increase your mens morale, and make them fight better. Ive never seen this game drop in framerates besides too much water effects going on, so the battles could get pretty big. Anyway this is my suggestion for possible DLC for the Devs to consider.

-If I should have posted this elsewhere please tell me. Thanks for your time.

Minion5
01-02-2010, 01:25 AM
Ok, so I absolutelly love this game first off. Such an improvement from AC1. Anyway, I have an Idea for downloadable content if the developers are intrested. I suggest extending the war with the Templars, and make it something that cant neccessarily end. Like the new gameplay mechanics introduced when fighting with marios men was really cool. Being part of a large force felt really awsome. So I suggest laying out Templar bases all accross the cities. Then do the same for Marios men (and your men). Have random attacks take place where you can order men to attack, and if you please go with them to help. There would be random missions to assassinate Templar generals and little side stuff like that. It would be cool to get involved in a territorial war with the Templars. You should introduce further command mechanics than before as well. Such as "Retreat" and "Defend". If you really wish to put quality into this, look at the Godfather 2 game for inspiration. The money you get in Villa will increase with each base you control, and you would have to spend some of it to hire more men, and place them in differant bases to defend. I think this would really involve the player into the game after the main storyline. The DLC would require you to beat the game, because then you are free to fully focus on the war. You could even call upon the other assassins to lead attacks or defences, like mario. This would increase your mens morale, and make them fight better. Ive never seen this game drop in framerates besides too much water effects going on, so the battles could get pretty big. Anyway this is my suggestion for possible DLC for the Devs to consider.

-If I should have posted this elsewhere please tell me. Thanks for your time.

itsamea-mario
01-02-2010, 02:09 AM
yes but eventually you'd complete that aswell, i understand it would add more gameplay, but id find it like godfather once id done it there would be nothing else to do, so i think it would be better if it wasnt actually completeable, say there are always some left or something, or once you capture all bases theres a while when nothing happens but then templar reinforcements come and attack.

Tantalus227
01-02-2010, 05:12 AM
Sounds like something similar to the 'territories' in GTA:SA

Reasonable enough idea, I like the idea of a city being under my command but... is it something that could really be done in DLC? Sounds a bit complicated for that imo.

itsamea-mario
01-02-2010, 10:24 AM
/\
|
|
yeah i agree it seems people have very big expectations when it comes to dlc's and patches.

Minion5
01-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Its not really THAT big of a DLC. Its very doable. Other games have done much bigger things. And yes, I was thinking that uncompleteable war would be better as well. As you said, a wave of Templar reinforcements could come and attack your bases.

Jack-Reacher
01-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Once you kill 3 Templars, a war starts in that district you are in. If you can defeat 3 waves of templars, you will get that district under your territory. Stores will give you a cheaper discount, and your mercs will spawn there for free. Sometimes they will attack your territory as well. Depending on the density of the territory, harder guards will fight you with better weapons ( eg more Brutes)

In other words, GTA SA Gang wars! I would definatly get it, i loved doing those. I know its unnecessary but it could increase the money in the villa, maybe they could give you more stuff to spend on like mercs armour and weapons

Minion5
01-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Yes, you could spend money on upgrades for your men as well, that was a really good suggestion. Also, the more bases you have in a certain city, the more influence you have. Like say you are in some trouble in a city, running from gaurds. But you have a ton of bases in your armies control there too. So while your running, some of your men rush over and hold them off while you escape. This would also give the player more stuff to do with their money, besides buying medicine and repairing armor.