PDA

View Full Version : super crew

Horvald
04-03-2005, 10:51 PM
Just got done with my third patrol (second career because of save loss). seems like I have been getting a lot of bugs since I have been using the IXc is it cursed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif. one bug that seemed odd was I was not getting any promotions to hand out to my crew after each patrol. all of the patrols averaged good tonage and I completed all the objectives. When I was done with my third patrol I was looking at my crew roster and noticed that all of the crew were at their top rank and were not able to be promoted any further. is this normal or a bug. I have never spent any renown on getting better crew.

Horvald
04-03-2005, 10:51 PM
Just got done with my third patrol (second career because of save loss). seems like I have been getting a lot of bugs since I have been using the IXc is it cursed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif. one bug that seemed odd was I was not getting any promotions to hand out to my crew after each patrol. all of the patrols averaged good tonage and I completed all the objectives. When I was done with my third patrol I was looking at my crew roster and noticed that all of the crew were at their top rank and were not able to be promoted any further. is this normal or a bug. I have never spent any renown on getting better crew.

quillan
04-03-2005, 10:58 PM
Maybe or maybe not. Each crewman has a stat called Experience, usually written as XXX/XX. The first part is the crewman's total accumulated experience, the second is the amount he's allowed to make use of in the compartment. When the first number exceeds the second, the crewman can be promoted. Each man only gets so much experience per patrol, so if you've only completed 3 patrols, it might well be that the crew members haven't accumalted enough experience yet for you to promote anyone. The normal seamen seem to have steps of 20, 50 and 100. Warrant officers seem to be 150,200 and 300. Officers I believe are 300, 400 and 500. Once it builds up, you'll have far more men ready for promotion than promotions to hand out, since it seems at the end of a patrol you get one promotion for every 500 or so renown you earned that time.