PDA

View Full Version : Just got ACB today...My thoughts so far....

Engioc
03-18-2011, 10:36 PM
Well to start with I ordered the Codex addition but was told last week by my local EB that despite having put in my pre-order months ago I was told I couldn't actually have the Codex edition and I had to settle for the Auditore Edition.

Figuring things would work out the same as AC2 and I'd be able to purchase all the extra crap on uplay I didn't worry too much, but I really have to say that apart from the map which I wanted from the Codex addition, most of what I got is total crap, some dumb *** movie, a few cards draw by kiddies by the look of them, and some stupid cars, wow I'm impressed, not.

Now playing it I'm finding it to be a dumbed down click fest, button mashing experience and it seems this game has become so dumbed down I'll be having serious seconds thoughts on buying any future versions. The locations in AC are good, the story is good, but man the combat is crap.

Engioc
03-18-2011, 10:36 PM
Well to start with I ordered the Codex addition but was told last week by my local EB that despite having put in my pre-order months ago I was told I couldn't actually have the Codex edition and I had to settle for the Auditore Edition.

Figuring things would work out the same as AC2 and I'd be able to purchase all the extra crap on uplay I didn't worry too much, but I really have to say that apart from the map which I wanted from the Codex addition, most of what I got is total crap, some dumb *** movie, a few cards draw by kiddies by the look of them, and some stupid cars, wow I'm impressed, not.

Now playing it I'm finding it to be a dumbed down click fest, button mashing experience and it seems this game has become so dumbed down I'll be having serious seconds thoughts on buying any future versions. The locations in AC are good, the story is good, but man the combat is crap.

DevotedDex
03-19-2011, 02:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Engioc:
I'm finding it to be a dumbed down click fest, button mashing experience ... but man the combat is crap. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Could you be a little more specific?

How is the combat in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood any different from Assassin's Creed 2?

Engioc
03-19-2011, 08:26 PM
All you need to do is click the attack button asap as many times as possible and you win. All too easy and no brains required.

As for AC2, yes it indeed suffered from the same problem so nothing worse, but its nothing better either. I was under the impression ACB was going to wind things back and be more of a split between AC and AC2 style combat. I hate games where all I need to do is mash the attack button and I win, not good enough imo.

As for all the combo attacks, they are crap and necessary. Its not that I dont like the combo's its just I dont need to use them in order to win, Ezio is already so powerful without them. I'm playing as an Assassin am I?? seems more like a one many army to me, no stealth necessary, roam about town killing and doing whatever you want because its all too easy to kill hundreds of guards with no real effort. Whats more now the shops are garbage too. In AC2 the shops were the only way to obtain certain items, now all your medicine, knives, poison etc can all be taken from dead soldiers so why ever bother shopping. Find some guards, kill 5 or so and you'll get all the free stuff you'll ever need.

It also still suffers from the problem of AI being WAY too slow to react, eg I can still walk up to 3 or 4 guards and assassinate 2 or 3 before anybody notices or reacts.

With patrolling guards you can walk up behind and take out one of the guys at the back, mostly with nobody else in the group noticing. Shouldn't they have some idea of how many were in the group 2 seconds ago and realise somebody is missing and do some investigation???? Dumb slow AI, no improvements made at all. $100 AUD for what??? 1 more story, not good enough. No real surprise I guess since the talent who came up with this game has left.

Oh an just to show I'm not trying to have a go at this game I do like Rome, the look, feel, sound of the city is fabulous. Unfortunately I'm not likely to buy games simply based on that though because good games need more than graphics to keep me interested.

swn32
03-19-2011, 08:56 PM
Who cares what u have to press as long as it looks wicked http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Engioc
03-20-2011, 04:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by swn32:
Who cares what u have to press as long as it looks wicked http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well sorry looks alone dont impress me, I need something more than mindless clicking.

Pumpkins.
03-20-2011, 04:32 AM
Come to multiplayer Mr. onebutton smasher so I can smash you with my brain.

VeryFluffy
03-20-2011, 04:33 AM
If you want more challenge, then try to avoid combat and kill targets stealthily. That's much much harder than going in and killing all enemies rambo-style.

Engioc
03-20-2011, 04:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VeryFluffy:
If you want more challenge, then try to avoid combat and kill targets stealthily. That's much much harder than going in and killing all enemies rambo-style. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but this was part of my whole complaint about AC2. It's not that I cant use my brain, sure I can, but I dont need to. In order to enjoy the game more I have to adjust my play to the dumb AI.

People used this same argument with AC2, that it was all ok and no AI problems because I should just give the enemy more chance by modifying my play. No, the game should cater to more levels, how's about a difficulty level system like 90% of games, and I should be forced in to be stealthy by not being a one man killing machine. Ezio or whatever character for future versions should be weaker, forcing you to choose more carefully how you approach targets because it should be very difficult to fight of dozens of guards all at once. Quite simply there need to be limits on just how many opponents we can handle at once, he's an assassin, not an army.

Sure I can use my brain but in no way does this game force me to, I can play brainless and still win, and thats bad imo. AI need to respond quicker to attacks, and when there are too many I should be forced to run sometimes. This only helps add to all the other features of the game, there are so many ways to hide, but very little reason to bother with hiding since you can annihilate huge numbers with no problem. Sure it may be cool to watch but its not really good gameplay.

In a way this game kind of contradicts itself or somehow outdoes itself because he is so powerful in combat there is little need for hiding, no need to buy stuff when you can steal it all, no need for stealth because you can kill hundreds and instantly heal to full health in the middle of combat (wtf???). I should not be able to pop some magical pill in the middle of combat and be back to 100% health, its just too easy. After combat fine, but not during.

Murcuseo
03-20-2011, 04:50 AM
Feedback thread?.

Engioc
03-20-2011, 04:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:
Feedback thread?. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry but so far I haven't seen a feedback thread.

Edit: oh you mean the one at the top of the page http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. I'll remember that for my next complaint ok.

shop27C171CB8
03-20-2011, 05:12 AM
Turn your complain into a suggestion for Assassins Creed III.

Suggestion: A difficulty system (Easy-Normal-Hard-Hardcore) in order to let all the various customers around the world enjoy the game as they want and like it.

Now as far as your complain goes, I agree and disagree. (Contradicting, I know)
The game allows you to play as a hack&slash game does.
The game allows you to play as a stealthy assassin in order to achieve it's goals.

It's the person who is playing who creates the assassin. Not Ubisoft.
They gave you the idea, you have to execute it in a way that you feel satisfied.
Decide your own journey of becoming an assassin!

Engioc
03-20-2011, 05:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shop27C171CB8:
Turn your complain into a suggestion for Assassins Creed III.

Suggestion: A difficulty system (Easy-Normal-Hard-Hardcore) in order to let all the various customers around the world enjoy the game as they want and like it.

Now as far as your complain goes, I agree and disagree. (Contradicting, I know)
The game allows you to play as a hack&slash game does.
The game allows you to play as a stealthy assassin in order to achieve it's goals.

It's the person who is playing who creates the assassin. Not Ubisoft.
They gave you the idea, you have to execute it in a way that you feel satisfied.
Decide your own journey of becoming an assassin! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry but I dont quite agree there, I understand what your saying but to me its the game that should provide the challenge, not the player.

Also as I said the rest of the game becomes useless because he is so powerful. Why bother hiding, buying or any of these options when its quicker and easier to just kill the closest group of guards and steal it all.

We need to be weaker in combat forcing you to decide if you can survive the fight or a need to run. AI need to react faster, I mean for god sake you can assassinate a guard right next to one of his buddies, or at the back of a patrol and none of the others notice for a few seconds if at all. The crowed have noticed and are going crazy, why the heck dont the patrol notice they're a man down? didn't they hear the cry of pain as I shoved my sword through his back? didn't they hear me walking? How can the crowed notice and not the the guy standing right next to him?

Also many of these actions of open combat break the rules of the creed that we were given at the start of AC, one of the rules was not to draw unnecessary attention to ourselves.

Lord_Ethcaz
03-20-2011, 05:24 AM
The game somewhat does provide the challenge, most of the awesome missions have pretty decent 100% synch goals, which make some of those missions really frigging tough (although, most of em are just way too easy)

shop27C171CB8
03-20-2011, 05:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Engioc:Sorry but I dont quite agree there, I understand what your saying but to me its the game that should provide the challenge, not the player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>And it seems Ubisoft disagreed with you and did it there own way. Not that likely they will change the gameplay just for you. Seems a bit selfish doesn't it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Engioc:Also as I said the rest of the game becomes useless because he is so powerful. Why bother hiding, buying or any of these options when its quicker and easier to just kill the closest group of guards and steal it all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's the way YOU play, not me. I hide, purchase various items at stores and more. If you like the easy way, enjoy the easy way. I've played over 13 hours and only completed 38% of the game.
As I said, it's the person who plays the game, not Ubisoft.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Engioc:We need to be weaker in combat forcing you to decide if you can survive the fight or a need to run. AI need to react faster, I mean for god sake you can assassinate a guard right next to one of his buddies, or at the back of a patrol and none of the others notice for a few seconds if at all. The crowed have noticed and are going crazy, why the heck dont the patrol notice they're a man down? didn't they hear the cry of pain as I shoved my sword through his back? didn't they hear me walking? How can the crowed notice and not the the guy standing right next to him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>As I said before, suggest a difficulty system.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Engioc:Also many of these actions of open combat break the rules of the creed that we were given at the start of AC, one of the rules was not to draw unnecessary attention to ourselves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Than don't draw unnecessary attention to yourself. Play the game as a stealthy assassin. Not Rambo.

Dreddpool82
03-20-2011, 05:31 AM
Well maybe you'll discover the glitch i found were you kill a guard and he get's back up off the ground and just acts like nothing happend.\
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq7233ECpy4&hd=1

Engioc
03-20-2011, 05:42 AM
I'm not asking for the game to be made specially to my taste, I am indeed asking for a difficulty setting so it caters to me and anyone else, not selfish at all.

As far as doing something official on here to suggest it, what a waste of time. It was suggested many times on the AC2 forums, did the feature get added for ACB, no. You can suggest all you like but they didn't listen before, so why will they listen now?

Black_Widow9
03-20-2011, 12:52 PM
Please post your Feedback here-
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Game and DLC Feedback Thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3131006519/p/1)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>