PDA

View Full Version : FB music scripts..?

Atomic_Marten
04-27-2005, 10:52 AM
Well, since I have lately put several new songs into appropriate FB music folders, I'm wondering if anyone knows how to change playing track during mission?

And also, are there any scripts available that will allow random selection of playing tracks during the game.
Or can someone suggest any tip 'how to' made such script, or some useful link ther than airwarfare.com or Grille Chompas IL2 Scripts page, I have already looked there..

Atomic_Marten
04-27-2005, 10:52 AM
Well, since I have lately put several new songs into appropriate FB music folders, I'm wondering if anyone knows how to change playing track during mission?

And also, are there any scripts available that will allow random selection of playing tracks during the game.
Or can someone suggest any tip 'how to' made such script, or some useful link ther than airwarfare.com or Grille Chompas IL2 Scripts page, I have already looked there..

LEBillfish
04-27-2005, 10:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Atomic_Marten:

Or can someone suggest any tip 'how to' made such script, or some useful link ther than airwarfare.com or Grille Chompas IL2 Scripts page, I have already looked there.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wrote a script which I hope to be making a huge update to soon which you can find here....

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=8289

There is no way to truely make them play randomly I know of....However, you could build various folders of the same files renaming them in new alpha numeric orders and simply select a new folder each time.

Atomic_Marten
04-27-2005, 11:32 AM
Thanks. Can you tell me is there any way to (choose) play specific track during game? For example you want 3rd song on the list; -- you load the mission, and then enter some line in the console, and the game plays third song on the list.

If that is possible, maybe it is possible to create few different scripted playlists which can be executed thru console.

I don't know if that is possible to do..

LEBillfish
04-27-2005, 12:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Atomic_Marten:
Thanks. Can you tell me is there any way to (choose) play specific track during game? For example you want 3rd song on the list; -- you load the mission, and then enter some line in the console, and the game plays third song on the list.

If that is possible, maybe it is possible to create few different scripted playlists which can be executed thru console.

I don't know if that is possible to do.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure, though would entail making a seperate folder/directory and then .cmd file as you see there for each.

JRJacobs
04-29-2005, 06:21 PM
LEBillfish -
OK i gotta ask
i notice there's a remarkable similarity between your avatar and your Billfish painting - are you in fact the model? sorry for the chauvinist but WOW! they're both stunning.... nuff to give an old fart like me visions.... OK sorry, back to the games

Atomic_Marten
04-29-2005, 07:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JRJacobs:
LEBillfish -
OK i gotta ask
i notice there's a remarkable similarity between your avatar and your Billfish painting - are you in fact the model? sorry for the chauvinist but WOW! they're both stunning.... nuff to give an old fart like me visions.... OK sorry, back to the games </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why, you little.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

BBB_Hyperion
04-29-2005, 09:09 PM
Thats is possible Atomic_Marten problem is to have a triggered sound playing system you would have to run a external extra program along with il2 to tell all ppl what sound should be played.

Thats similar to the approach of a playlist.
But that can be easily done use a socket command on any coding language and send to given free console port.

It would be far better when the server could broadcast such commands but seems there is not much intrest in improving server abilities at all even when changes are minor and benefits would be great.