PDA

View Full Version : cant get in to scapa flow

anterick
07-06-2005, 12:40 PM
I have read history books about the scapa flow event and I canot get through the narow channel because there is none in my game. Even after thorough search, and painstacking wait (since the game puts you at oct the 10th and the event occured on the 13th) hoping that the tie would crate the narow channel.In Silent hunter II program I have no problem since it does have this tunnel. Is there a patch ?Could someone please help?. Thank you

anterick
07-06-2005, 12:40 PM
I have read history books about the scapa flow event and I canot get through the narow channel because there is none in my game. Even after thorough search, and painstacking wait (since the game puts you at oct the 10th and the event occured on the 13th) hoping that the tie would crate the narow channel.In Silent hunter II program I have no problem since it does have this tunnel. Is there a patch ?Could someone please help?. Thank you

The Avon Lady
07-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Maybe you've manually configured SH3 to start in the Pleistecene era, when a land bridge was still covering the channel entrance. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Otherwise, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Are you zooming in on your map? Then the channel should be apparent.

Th3Eagle
07-06-2005, 02:51 PM
Stop looking just go trough the main entrace, keep close to the shore and only submerge if a destryeyer is passing closely, try to do it at night.

The front entrance with the 2 watch towers contain subnets u have to pass this at the center or you're ship will take damage (when submerged).

expect a combined force of mainly flower covetes, some v/w myabe a c or a type 1 (and 2-3 j class in campaing around 1940).

Its rather easy to get in hit some and get out safe.

JU88
07-06-2005, 07:21 PM
I think hes refering to Scapa flows geographics, in real life there is a very shallow eastern enterance to scapa that is not in the game, it was blocked off by three block ships (sunken ships). The Uboat boat that did manages to get in to scapa slipped between the block ships at high tide.

Then after the Royal oak incident, the british cut the whole eastern enterance off with churchill blocks (aka concerete blocks)

You should sneak in to Lock Ewe instead, on my third patrol in 39 (around november i think) there is a Nelson AND a King George V battle ships docked there at the same time... I only managed to sink the nelson though.

stinkhammer6
07-06-2005, 08:46 PM
zoom your map and go into scapa from the west side, nice big open channel that takes you right in there. no nets no mines.

ohms931
07-07-2005, 10:18 AM
Actually 'Anterick' your quite right. Coming from the Orkney Isles myself I can reasure you that there was a channel between mainland Orkeny and a small Island call 'Lambs Holm'. This didnt have any block ships in it because the Admiralty believed it impossible for a sub to get through further more the tide running through there was too strong (18 Knots) for a block ship. BTY its the Churchill Barriers not blocks!

Maj_Solo
07-07-2005, 07:21 PM
on the west side of the pond there is a small channel, there is a patrolboat there. If you are close to Scapa and the weather is so extremely bad you feel no luck in attacking merchants ..... then that is a great weather in which to visit Scapa.

but if u use the west channel better be calm enough weather so you can use Flak if the torpedoboat finds you.

stinkhammer6
07-08-2005, 12:29 PM
When you go into scapa from the west, at the fork in the channel go south under the island, if you keep going straight youll run into elmo boats and destroyers or corvettes, keeping your sub under. If you go south under the island at the fork, I only ran into a single elmo boat so far and only had to submerge once.

I also found the coastal batteries that you spot while going in from the west, dont see nor fire at you if you go directly center between them on both shores, thus recharging your battery before you submerge to hunt what you may find in there.