PDA

View Full Version : Track ir...

Ed6269
06-25-2010, 11:53 AM
For the TIR users out there: I am unable to get my hot keys, pause, center, precision, to "load" into the game. The manual makes this seem straight forward, and I am leaving them on default: f12, f9. They do not work in game. I am trying to set them up with Saitek x 52, and with the profile unloaded.
Thanks

Ed6269
06-25-2010, 11:53 AM
For the TIR users out there: I am unable to get my hot keys, pause, center, precision, to "load" into the game. The manual makes this seem straight forward, and I am leaving them on default: f12, f9. They do not work in game. I am trying to set them up with Saitek x 52, and with the profile unloaded.
Thanks

horseback
06-25-2010, 01:02 PM
There is a line in your config file that reads something like 'useTIR=0'.

Change the zero to a one, and save the change to the config file.

Then see if it works.

cheers

horseback

Ed6269
06-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Thanks for your reply. I should have mentioned that track ir, 5 version, works intermittantly. I think it has something to do with the track ir software; I've never gone into the il2 config file

Ed6269
06-25-2010, 01:47 PM
I should have mentioned that track ir, version 5, has worked properly, now does not. I have never changed il2 config file. Seems like it's somehow related to the track ir software
thanks

Urufu_Shinjiro
06-25-2010, 01:59 PM
Make sure you have the TrackIR plugged into a USB port on the back of your PC or a powered hub.

horseback
06-25-2010, 02:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ed6269:
I should have mentioned that track ir, version 5, has worked properly, now does not. I have never changed il2 config file. Seems like it's somehow related to the track ir software
thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well, if it worked okay before, what has changed? If you have moved your TIR's USB connection to an unpowered hub or just to another (possibly damaged) USB outlet in your system, that would lead to problems.

If the hotkeys always worked in the game before, and now they do not, could it be because of something you did with your X52 software?

I always test my TIR4 after I turn on my CH Controller software, which sets a couple of buttons to toggle TIR on/off and to center it. I select the Combat Flight profile and then Edit, which allows me to see if the sunlight coming through my window or one of my room lamps is going to cause me problems via the visual displays that show the 'heads' and what the sensor actually 'sees'.

If you can still use the hotkeys on your keyboard in that mode, then the problem is probably not in the TIR software.

That would leave either the game config file setup or in your Saitek X52 profile.

cheers

horseback

K_Freddie
06-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Make sure all is plugged in before starting IL2 (IL2 cannot detect in-game plugged in devices)

I find that un-installing device driver software (TIR and Saitek), and let windoze detect the devices works better - with limited options but definitely works better.

You'll probably find that there's a USB (HID) conflict, so letting windoze do it for you might work.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Stiletto-
06-25-2010, 06:54 PM
If I remember correctly, if you change the USB port, you usually have to reinstall the drivers to get it to work. If his problem is that he changed ports or hubs..

Ed6269
06-28-2010, 09:43 AM
Thanks all, it was plugging into the wrong USB port. The track ir worked otherwise. Strange