PDA

View Full Version : Brotherhood (PC) played from a portable harddrive

conquer001
03-22-2011, 02:25 AM
Good day, everyone! As the title suggests, I have tried to play brotherhood off a portable harddrive, with the intention that I can play it whenever the situation presents itself, be it whether on another computer.

However, it states that there was an issue with the launcher and was wondering if such a thing is even possible.

conquer001
03-22-2011, 02:25 AM
Good day, everyone! As the title suggests, I have tried to play brotherhood off a portable harddrive, with the intention that I can play it whenever the situation presents itself, be it whether on another computer.

However, it states that there was an issue with the launcher and was wondering if such a thing is even possible.

Black_Widow9
03-22-2011, 03:55 AM
Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
I'm going to move this here-
Assassins Creed & Brotherhood General Discussion [PC] (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/5031067519)

un_synapse
03-22-2011, 06:47 AM
There is a good chance there re registry entries and DLL's that need to be registered on each computer you use the game on.

Gone are the days of just copying the install folder to another computer like QUAKE.

KingDaniel0
03-22-2011, 07:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by conquer001:

However, it states that there was an issue with the launcher and was wondering if such a thing is even possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, I don't think you might be able to play the game, not at least on some another PC/OS, unless the game has been Installed on that particular system/OS.

Though can install the game on any External HD/SSD etc., and try playing it on the Same OS, but the game will require the proper Registry entries to function properly, if you want to play it on some other computer/OS.

If you play it on another PC, then you might get errors, regarding Missing files, registry entries etc. (as also told by 'crkinard' above). It will ask you to reinstall the game/Game Launcher again, IMO. But I'm not fully sure.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ace3001
03-22-2011, 07:31 AM
A workaround to the launcher is possible, but the saves would be a problem.
EDIT: On Win7, change Users\&lt;USER&gt;\Saved Games folder location to the portable hard drive. Do the same on the PC you take the hard drive to, as well. Might be a little annoying, but can be done.

conquer001
03-22-2011, 07:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
A workaround to the launcher is possible, but the saves would be a problem.
EDIT: On Win7, change Users\&lt;USER&gt;\Saved Games folder location to the portable hard drive. Do the same on the PC you take the hard drive to, as well. Might be a little annoying, but can be done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting thought, kolitha.kuruppu. Could you perhaps share on the steps for the work-around for the launcher? Also, regarding the save files I was under the impression that the saves were saved through online via the ubisoft server?