PDA

View Full Version : So how does one reinstall 4.05m after a format?

_VR_ScorpionWorm
05-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Question is there, if this BoontyBox is required to install the game will one need it after a format? Aren't the keys one use only? How does one go about this, if by some chance of fate I'm able to get a legal copy of the PE2 Peshka and back it up, how do I reinstall?

If its been discussed, please point me in the right direction as there are too many threads to sort through after this whole... you know.

_VR_ScorpionWorm
05-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Question is there, if this BoontyBox is required to install the game will one need it after a format? Aren't the keys one use only? How does one go about this, if by some chance of fate I'm able to get a legal copy of the PE2 Peshka and back it up, how do I reinstall?

If its been discussed, please point me in the right direction as there are too many threads to sort through after this whole... you know.

WTE_Galway
05-02-2006, 07:43 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/2051050934

p1ngu666
05-02-2006, 09:23 PM
i hadto do that, fresh install of xp64 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ended up chucking the old exe's back in, cos otherwise a box half came up, but no images etc so i couldnt put in my code if i wanted too...

plus theres other problems with 4.05 exe's..

ComradeBadinov
05-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Save only the files that are game related,( Intros, Missions, Paintschemes, Training, fb_3do15.SFS, files.SFS, file.1 and file.2 which you should of renamed to Pe-2_1mis and Pe-2_2.mis, and the ReadmePe2). stick em in a folder and call it 4.05 Patch... put that and all yer other patches on CD/DVD or what ever medium you burn... do your reformat.. load IL-2, and install your zip patches.. then take the files you saved from 4.05 and copy and paste.. I have already wiped the game and did a fresh install I have the complete DVD, so I just loaded it, and copied and pasted the relevant 4.05 files and it works like a champ.. there is no interference from boonty.. you needed the key to unlock the file the FIRST time..once you did that, it's yours to do as you please....

AWL_Spinner
05-03-2006, 11:36 AM
What would be handy would be a changed file list for 4.05m so I can create a 4.05 "patch" zip and archive it along with the other patches (not that I need them now I have the DVD edition).

I suppose the above post is almost that, eh.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

_VR_ScorpionWorm
05-03-2006, 08:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ComradeBadinov:
Save only the files that are game related,( Intros, Missions, Paintschemes, Training, fb_3do15.SFS, files.SFS, file.1 and file.2 which you should of renamed to Pe-2_1mis and Pe-2_2.mis, and the ReadmePe2). stick em in a folder and call it 4.05 Patch... put that and all yer other patches on CD/DVD or what ever medium you burn... do your reformat.. load IL-2, and install your zip patches.. then take the files you saved from 4.05 and copy and paste.. I have already wiped the game and did a fresh install I have the complete DVD, so I just loaded it, and copied and pasted the relevant 4.05 files and it works like a champ.. there is no interference from boonty.. you needed the key to unlock the file the FIRST time..once you did that, it's yours to do as you please.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, just the answer/explanation I was looking for.