PDA

View Full Version : Anyone read this book...?

Esel1964
05-28-2006, 06:24 PM
I've read good reviews of "The Most Dangerous Enemy" by Dr. Stephen Bungay,about the Battle of Britain.
I was wondering what those in the flight sim/WW2 afficianado community that had read it,thought of it.
I'm thinking about doing an inter-library loan,and wondered if it's worth the trouble.
Thanks in advance.

Esel1964
05-28-2006, 06:24 PM
I've read good reviews of "The Most Dangerous Enemy" by Dr. Stephen Bungay,about the Battle of Britain.
I was wondering what those in the flight sim/WW2 afficianado community that had read it,thought of it.
I'm thinking about doing an inter-library loan,and wondered if it's worth the trouble.
Thanks in advance.

dazako
05-28-2006, 07:05 PM
I've not read it myself tho I have read many such accounts of the BoB over the years.
I see it got good reviews and I've seen him featured in documentaries such as Spitfire Ace.
Maybe I'll pick it up and add it to the collection.
Daz

Esel1964
05-28-2006, 07:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dazako:
I've not read it myself tho I have read many such accounts of the BoB over the years.
I see it got good reviews and I've seen him featured in documentaries such as Spitfire Ace.
Maybe I'll pick it up and add it to the collection.
Daz </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gifThat's ironic,Spitfire Ace is where I first saw him and the book title,which sparked my interest in the book;a small world she is M8s,a small world. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

blakduk
05-28-2006, 08:19 PM
Excellent book, and 'Spitfire Ace' was an excellent TV show.
Basically the author endorses the opinions he espoused in the TV and elaborates on them. As a kid i really got carried away with the mystique of the BOB- a cold hard look at the facts and a re-evaluation of the opposing strategies puts a very different perspective on it though.
It certainly made me want to know more about Keith Park!