PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts - ACB and beyond

robinzx
01-18-2011, 06:24 AM
I don't think I was the only one who was left in awe by the ACB trailer with Ezio strolling into the square at Pantheon and guards falling dead left and right thanks to a series of coordinated attacks by, surprise, the Brotherhood. This brings me to an element of play I thought was sorely lacking in the game:

Instead of simply pointing your lock on someone and have your recruits do the dirty work, shouldn't a realistic assassination be about collecting information, knowing what your target is going to do, where the guards are, where your target is going from where, etc? THEN you, as the master assassin, go and kill the guy?

Just to throw it out there, how does the below sound?

- Have recruits gather information about guard paths, plans of buildings, exit/entry routes, talk to vigilantes to stand in the right places along your planned escape
- On a 3D map showing the information you've gathered, kinda like the Monteriggioni map in Ezio's room in AC2, you can instruct recruits to take out guards on different cues (different buttons, sequential presses of the recruits button, whatever), all at once, arrrow shower on cue, etc. Obviously the success of this would depend on the skill of your recruits and how many you had vs. guards
- Then you leave assassins HQ and disperse, when you reach the outer perimeter to commence the kill sequence, killing different guards as you the ominous black shadow from the trailer walks slowly up to your target..

Non?

robinzx
01-18-2011, 06:24 AM
I don't think I was the only one who was left in awe by the ACB trailer with Ezio strolling into the square at Pantheon and guards falling dead left and right thanks to a series of coordinated attacks by, surprise, the Brotherhood. This brings me to an element of play I thought was sorely lacking in the game:

Instead of simply pointing your lock on someone and have your recruits do the dirty work, shouldn't a realistic assassination be about collecting information, knowing what your target is going to do, where the guards are, where your target is going from where, etc? THEN you, as the master assassin, go and kill the guy?

Just to throw it out there, how does the below sound?

- Have recruits gather information about guard paths, plans of buildings, exit/entry routes, talk to vigilantes to stand in the right places along your planned escape
- On a 3D map showing the information you've gathered, kinda like the Monteriggioni map in Ezio's room in AC2, you can instruct recruits to take out guards on different cues (different buttons, sequential presses of the recruits button, whatever), all at once, arrrow shower on cue, etc. Obviously the success of this would depend on the skill of your recruits and how many you had vs. guards
- Then you leave assassins HQ and disperse, when you reach the outer perimeter to commence the kill sequence, killing different guards as you the ominous black shadow from the trailer walks slowly up to your target..

Non?

Avl521
01-18-2011, 08:48 AM
You should post this in the feedback thread.

HikaruFire
01-18-2011, 08:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Avl521:
You should post this in the feedback thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What he said

post it here:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/4821045298 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4821045298)

Black_Widow9
01-18-2011, 01:53 PM
Please post in the above linked Thread.
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>