PDA

View Full Version : missions

BulletProof727
03-05-2006, 09:07 PM
are there any other missions thatn patrols or are different missions sent to you through the radio while you patrol?

BulletProof727
03-05-2006, 09:07 PM
are there any other missions thatn patrols or are different missions sent to you through the radio while you patrol?

VikingGrandad
03-06-2006, 05:38 AM
The simple answer is 'no'. But that's kinda what's good about this game - you can do your own thing as well as following orders. Take the initiative to hunt, and it becomes much more exciting.

This problem has been raised before, so here's the answer I give:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Orginally posted by VikingGrandad:
I think of it this way: you are given a grid to patrol. Aim to do that, if only to get the renown points (although the assigned grids are often in areas where there are frequent enemy merchants).

But on the way to your patrol grid (and on the way back) you can do whatever you like - so make your own missions up! I think this is better than being told what to do...

If you do some research (on this forum or the Community Manual), you will find lots of tips from other players about popular convoy routes, task forces (which often include aircraft carriers) and capital warships that are in certain areas at different times of the war. If you can't find anything, just ask!. I'm sure there will be many forum members willing to give you some tips on favourite hunting grounds.

You can make it your own mission to hunt for one of these prize targets (e.g. go to Scapa Flow early in the war http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ) as well as patrol your grid.

Or, look at all the convoy routes on the printed map. When you plot your course to your patrol grid, see if you can make any detours that will take you into convoy territory.

If you get lucky and sink a lot of ships before you reach your patrol area but run out of torpedoes, you can decide to just head home. You'll only miss out on the renown for the grid patrol. But by going home early, you will reduce your chances of being caught defenceless against enemy warships.

Eventually you will find areas and routes where there are lots of good targets. But you won't get bored of these either, because as the war progresses, the shipping patterns change. And you may move to another base... From there, you will be given patrol grids in new areas of the map that you couldn't reach before, so there will be new opportunties and 'missions' to seek out...

Good hunting! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope that helps.