PDA

View Full Version : Highly upset about the "Included Soundtrack" ...

Lost_Atlantean
11-15-2011, 03:54 PM
hey guys ...

I am massively upset right now. I loved the game, and the music, and struggle getting my good nights sleep over it ...

BUT: All the promotions clearly stated "A copy of the game's soundtrack." as referred to (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed:_Revelations)

Though, all I got was a "Best of" disc, with none of the music from Revelations on it, and just lots of AC1 and AC2 music on it?

What the hell, Ubi? I was expecting 12 tracks of orgasm, and all I got was old tracks which I already have to begin with?

Angry.

Lost_Atlantean
11-15-2011, 03:54 PM
hey guys ...

I am massively upset right now. I loved the game, and the music, and struggle getting my good nights sleep over it ...

BUT: All the promotions clearly stated "A copy of the game's soundtrack." as referred to (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed:_Revelations)

Though, all I got was a "Best of" disc, with none of the music from Revelations on it, and just lots of AC1 and AC2 music on it?

What the hell, Ubi? I was expecting 12 tracks of orgasm, and all I got was old tracks which I already have to begin with?

Angry.

BK-110
11-15-2011, 04:23 PM
Same here, was quite irritated when I found out. That's the only disappointment about the Animus Edition for me...

kairra
11-15-2011, 04:42 PM
I'm also with you two. The soundtrack is a major part of my gaming experience, and every time an AC has been released I make sure I have the soundtrack, one way or another. Why on earth would you, UBI, presume I would want old music that has been available for several years? If you wanted to do a 'best of', why not make it an ADDITIONAL disk, ensuring that your fanbase get that as well as the new game's soundtrack, which is what everyone actually wants.

Utterly disappointed, and gutted! I know soundtracks might not mean a lot to most, but to me they make my game.

Might I also ask where we may purchase or download this soundtrack, since you have failed to include it in the sets that we have already paid good money for? As I said, one way or another I need the soundtrack.

souNdwAve89
11-15-2011, 05:44 PM
Weird... The soundtrack that came with my pre order (U.S. GameStop's Signature Edition) was ACR's and not AC1, 2, or Brotherhood.

KaiLightkeeper
11-15-2011, 07:05 PM
I'm in the same boat as souNdwAve89. However, I notice that the download folder is clearly named "ACR_Original_Soundtrack_Vol.1.zip." This clearly begs the question... Where is/are the next volume/s? Am I missing something here? There's only one soundtrack download button, and every time I push it, it always downloads the same file. Additionally, judging from the listing of the OST on iTunes, this download only includes the Jesper Kyd tracks and not the Lorne Balfe tracks.

It's a disappointment, but I suppose there's nothing cheaper than something free. Still, like kairra, I'll get the soundtrack in its entirety wherever possible because music is VERY important to me, as well. In my case, iTunes has it available for download for $17.99. (I'm in the U.S.) I'm unsure of its availability through other sources right now, though.

Antiqious
11-15-2011, 07:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KaiLightkeeper:
I'm in the same boat as souNdwAve89. However, I notice that the download folder is clearly named "ACR_Original_Soundtrack_Vol.1.zip." This clearly begs the question... Where is/are the next volume/s? Am I missing something here? There's only one soundtrack download button, and every time I push it, it always downloads the same file. Additionally, judging from the listing of the OST on iTunes, this download only includes the Jesper Kyd tracks and not the Lorne Balfe tracks.

It's a disappointment, but I suppose there's nothing cheaper than something free. Still, like kairra, I'll get the soundtrack in its entirety wherever possible because music is VERY important to me, as well. In my case, iTunes has it available for download for $17.99. (I'm in the U.S.) I'm unsure of its availability through other sources right now, though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

iTunes also has a separate Volume II for sale, for $8.99, which should give you all the songs we're missing. It has 28 tracks, I believe. I'm buying it now. :3

KrYpToNiC95
11-15-2011, 09:35 PM
Not happy at all either, I have contacted Ubisoft Support but I'm wondering what one of the mods can tell us.

AswaxSora
11-15-2011, 09:45 PM
In the Signature Edition there are like what 20 tracks? There are three volumes. The first two are tracks from the Singleplayer. The third volume is multiplayer. There are 80 tracks in total. Ubisoft, thank you once again for lying.

http://vgmdb.net/album/29874

MarniDawg
11-15-2011, 10:23 PM
I have a problem.. I have the signature edition and I can't even locate the soundtrack..

EnglishPhoenix
11-15-2011, 10:25 PM
Yeah, is the soundtrack on the game disk or a separate disk? Because I only received the game disk with the Uplay passport card and another card for the Jester, extra mission, and ammo upgrade.

AswaxSora
11-15-2011, 10:27 PM
Use the code for the ammo upgrades, Jester, mission, etc. here: http://www.assassinscreed.com/bonuscontent

SleezeRocker
11-15-2011, 10:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by doclauchlan:
I have a problem.. I have the signature edition and I can't even locate the soundtrack.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On the card that gives you the code for the extra ammo,Jester and Vlad mission, go to assassinscreed.com/bonuscontent&gt;login with your ubi account&gt;enter the SAME code from the fron of the card (ammo,jester,misison) and then it'll take you to a download page for the soundtrack (70mb) and embers video (1.9gb)

I liked the osundtrack but im dissapointed since the main multiplayer song isn't on there T_T

The_Apprentice
11-15-2011, 10:30 PM
o.O I just collected my Signature Edition and got no soundtrack.
Is it a physical disc? Or is it accessible on the disc?

Redeeming the included code didn't give me anything to download from the PS Store.

EnglishPhoenix
11-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Sleezerocker's right. You use the same code online.

The_Apprentice
11-15-2011, 10:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EnglishPhoenix:
Sleezerocker's right. You use the same code online. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The bonuscontent link won't load for me :/

IronJedi327
11-15-2011, 10:47 PM
I just downloaded my copy of the "Free soundtrack" and to my disappointment, it's not even all of vol. 1 that's on iTunes. Are we to expect more? Or is that it, and we have to buy the rest from iTunes? If that's it, I'd like to know now. And if there's more that we'll get for free, I'd like to get it now. Especially the theme.
I think I also screwed up my in-game bonuses, so I'm trying to contact support about that.

EnglishPhoenix
11-15-2011, 11:03 PM
From what I can tell looking at iTunes, the download only includes the songs by Jesper Kyd. Which is unforunate, because the other ones are really pretty.

The_Apprentice
11-15-2011, 11:14 PM
http://www.assassinscreed.com/bonuscontent/

The bonus content link refuses to work for me.
I tried it on 4 different browsers: IE, Opera, Firefox and Safari.
I cleared cookies and cache.
The page still remains blank.

I also tried loading it on 3G and still nothing.

Is it that Canadians can't access the site?

r0yal80
11-16-2011, 02:47 AM
think it's just down atm, having same issue w/ /bonuscontent link.

Agentbarto
11-16-2011, 03:14 AM
What's weird is that I actually got hopeful for on e regarding gamestops deal with ubi for it's special edition preorder bonuses. I guess it's stupid to think ubi would give a fan/customer something good for once.

Azugo
11-16-2011, 03:44 AM
Welcome to the life of false-advertising in Assassin's Creed special editions. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Sarari
11-16-2011, 06:16 AM
The main theme isn't even that good. There are a lot of better songs on the soundtrack.

pcmaximus
11-16-2011, 08:39 AM
Well I have to say the Signature edition of ACR has been an annoyance. As has been stated over and over on various forums the code issue is rediculous. I have 2 slips of paper in french for the Uplay but fortunately the English one with the code, which I do not need since I am already using UPlay from the last two games. Also 2 French slips of paper for the bonus content and NO Englaish one with the code. GameStop gave the code later.

So now I used the code to redeem on PSN, it said Thank you after so I assume it unlocked the content in the game for me.

BUT I cannot download the soundtrack although I did assume it was in the case as no site mentioned it was going to have to be downloaded. And the so called bonus content page does not load. I did everything the "Support" page said but same blank white screen. Ubi, you are a tried and tested game developer, but who did you outsource this aspect to. I have faith that this will be fixed as I love your games, but not the annoyances.

Or I am going to have to download the soundtrack from an illegal site since I paid for it to you you and GameStop.

Get er done!!!

pcmaximus
11-16-2011, 09:08 AM
Finally was able to download the soundtrack via the help of someone who figured a work around.

My issue. I thought this was the soundtrack for the game. Its Volume 1 or 3 they have given us. Geez and its not even Volume complete. Just the tracks Jesper composed. Wow.

Should I complain for something that was... free? Yes and no. If Ubi with Gamestop is going offer a product with bonus content and states that it is going to give us the Soundtrack to the game, a complete one would be expected by everyone. Next time UBI and GAMESTOP state thay its an incomplete or portion of the soundtrack.

xCr0wnedNorris
11-16-2011, 09:27 AM
Be happy with what you get. I'd prefer the free first volume over nothing any day. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

WildBoar44
11-16-2011, 09:33 AM
SAME!!!!!! thge songs are from ac1 and 2? BTW i love revalatoins!!!!!!!

Cpt_Yanni
11-16-2011, 09:43 AM
It was also a disappointment for me to find only a CD with a couple of songs from the past three games and none from Revelations. So yeah, it's not really 'THE' soundtrack of Assassin's Creed: Revelations, but a soundtrack of AC-franchise.

massmurdera_666
11-16-2011, 09:58 AM
i'm not really upset about the soundtrack, the only thing i'm upset about is that Embers wasn't on a seperate disk

souNdwAve89
11-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Yeah, I wish Embers was on a separate disc instead of making us download it... I mean, the PS3 version could have fit Embers and/or the soundtrack since a blu-ray disc has a lot of space.

lukaszep
11-16-2011, 04:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
Be happy with what you get. I'd prefer the free first volume over nothing any day. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see your point, but when i personally bought the collectors edition for the soundtrack, i felt pretty ripped off today when i found out it was "best of". Not anywhere in the product description of the CE does it say "best of". The disk says "Assassins Creed Soundtrack" and the description says "Original game soundtrack". It is extremely misleading.

SleezeRocker
11-16-2011, 04:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BatemanKID:
i'm not really upset about the soundtrack, the only thing i'm upset about is that Embers wasn't on a seperate disk </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This, that and it was long download (for me since I have 1mb speed) and can't even put it on my PS3 with an external drive http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

MrGerbz
11-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Could anyone give a working link to the page where we can download the OST?

I just found out my bloody CD/DVD drive on my pc does not work anymore.

solonite77
11-16-2011, 05:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BatemanKID:
i'm not really upset about the soundtrack, the only thing i'm upset about is that Embers wasn't on a seperate disk </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I assume it's not on the disk becuase the original Assassin creed game is on it as it came free with ACR.

I am disappointed in the soundtrack too, I was hoping it was ACR but it's just some tracks from AC and AC2 and to be honest it's not the best selection out of the 3 previous games, I bought the special edition in UK it is a shame it wasn't the acr soundtrack

Shaunzy95
11-16-2011, 06:01 PM
Same! I was so disappointed to find out it was tracks I already had. I ended up having to pay extra to get the soundtrack on iTunes. Suppose it's their way of making more money, I guess.

BLineDesigns
11-16-2011, 09:57 PM
This is some extreme marketing bull*. Ubisoft ought to be ashamed of themselves for pulling a stunt like this in extremely poor taste. It's common sense that when you promise a game soundtrack included with the purchase, people assume that you actually mean the full game soundtrack, not some teaser content to make you purchase the full version on iTunes. And none of this crap about 'be appreciative for getting something over nothing' either. This is a flat out case of false marketing and the folks behind it are contemptible. If there was no promise of a game soundtrack included, or even if they were honest and said that there was only a teaser track included, that would have been a completely different matter and I would have been just happy with it. This was a disgusting attempt at false marketing, plain and simple.

As a graphic designer I'm calling out the marketing team behind this. What you did denigrates our profession.

Blind2Society
11-16-2011, 10:25 PM
I will most certainly add my name to the list of those disappointed.

Don't get me wrong, I love all AC music, it's great, but this is not what you lead us to believe we were getting, not what we wanted and not what we paid for. Yet another shame-on-you-Ubisoft http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Okina001
11-16-2011, 11:21 PM
Can someone help to post how to download the OST and the short movie?
I followed the instruction on the bonus content sheet, but it just never prompt me to download.

What's the work around?

Thank you so much!

I used this link:
http://www.assassinscreed.com/bonuscontent

Blind2Society
11-16-2011, 11:31 PM
I seem remember seeing some sort of a turtorial, though it is rather self explanitory. I can't recall where I saw it but I'm sure Shade or Widow will know how to get to it rather quickly. Wait for one of them to pop in, they can probably help you. In the meantime, I'll take a gander about and see if I can't find it for ya. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SleezeRocker
11-16-2011, 11:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Okina001:
Can someone help to post how to download the OST and the short movie?
I followed the instruction on the bonus content sheet, but it just never prompt me to download.

What's the work around?

Thank you so much!

I used this link:
http://www.assassinscreed.com/bonuscontent </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

when you to the page, does a white horizontal bar appear that says someting "downlad file pop Up?"

Click it and allow it to let you download

Okina001
11-17-2011, 12:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SleezeRocker:

when you to the page, does a white horizontal bar appear that says someting "downlad file pop Up?"

Click it and allow it to let you download </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for your reply.
No. I didn't see any such thing.

xboxauditore
11-17-2011, 12:41 AM
I was really annoyed when i found out that it was a Best of, It didn't even include City of Rome!!!!

I just wanted a CD with, Ezios Family, Salvation of Forli, City of rome and The music that plays in the opening Ezio cutscene in Revelations.

I only got Ezio's Family. I am disappoint.

rueli
11-17-2011, 01:09 AM
I only got Vol. 1.

I mean, c'mon, when you say the CE comes with an "Original Game Soundtrack" (as was said on the GameStop ad), you expect the ENTIRE soundtrack. There was no fine print stating that it was a partial soundtrack otherwise. It was quite disappointing to only see so little tracks, especially since this game has such a wonderful and large soundtrack.

MrGerbz
11-17-2011, 01:33 AM
That link to the bonus content does not work, just redirects to http://www.ubi.com/UK/default.aspx .

So please stop sharing that link, and share the correct one please.

Also Ubisoft, if you don't give us the right soundtrack, you'll have just started the pathetic route Activision and EA Games are on; No problems screwing over the community as long as you get as much money as possible.

Okina001
11-17-2011, 01:59 AM
So, anyone knows how to get the OST and the short movie by other link?

Thank you!

GallopRider
11-17-2011, 11:25 AM
I too am upset that the included ACR soundtrack was nowhere near complete. It says Volume 1, but it's not even a complete Volume 1! The iTunes Volume 1 has more songs on it! There are supposed to be a total of 80 tracks! Disappointed I only have 17 of those 80 songs... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

The primary reason I preordered the game was for the Complete Soundtrack. Otherwise I would have waited to buy the game.

Disappointed, but I'm not all that surprised to find out about this...*sigh*

lucifero2114
11-18-2011, 10:48 AM
which edition and region did you get
rev. soundtrack vol. 1

im thinking of cancelling my CE for PC from amazon
if im getting old tracks

LordWolv
11-18-2011, 11:05 AM
Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. 75% of me getting the Animus Edition was FOR the soundtrack.. I can't believe.. Ubi, you've let me down, so much.

GallopRider
11-18-2011, 11:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lucifero2114:
which edition and region did you get
rev. soundtrack vol. 1

im thinking of cancelling my CE for PC from amazon
if im getting old tracks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bought the Signature Edition from Gamestop in the US. I didn't see any old tracks in the files. Only a very meager few of the new songs.

lucifero2114
11-18-2011, 11:47 AM
so all other editions got the old tracks?

more feedback plz!!

curious to why different soundtracks given out
does not make any sense

lukaszep
11-18-2011, 12:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lucifero2114:
so all other editions got the old tracks?

more feedback plz!!

curious to why different soundtracks given out
does not make any sense </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which editions got the actual soundtrack? I haven't heard of anyone receiving a copy with the game.

Will_Lucky
11-18-2011, 01:45 PM
I got the Collectors Edition and it came with 12 tracks from AC1/2.

Disappointed as I recall Mr Shade saying we would be getting a selection of tracks from Revelations and that was what I was hoping for.

lucifero2114
11-18-2011, 05:49 PM
<span class="ev_code_RED">[Content Removed]</span>

i feel we've been scammed

<span class="ev_code_RED">Try being a little more tasteful next time. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </span>

LaCava1
11-18-2011, 08:52 PM
I am also very disappointed.

From what I can work out about what's happened, it's this.

The Signature Edition people (with the digital download) got a fraction of the first volume of the Revelations soundtrack.

People who got Animus/Collector's Editions got a CD with the "Best Of" tracks.

Why the hell Ubisoft decided to say that we would be getting the soundtrack is beyond me. I was honestly excited to have the first full (legal http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) game soundtrack, but nope...

At least Embers was good.

MrGerbz
11-19-2011, 02:28 AM
What the ? Ubisoft, why haven't you responded yet? We want the correct soundtrack, would be lovely if you could acknowledge having putt these tracks on our cd's by accident and will give us what we paid for.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

RealoFoxtrot
11-19-2011, 04:51 AM
in the UK, they advertised a collectors edition with Original soundtrack.

later, it became soundtrack.

on the box, which no-one could've seen before they bought, it says Best Of soundtrack...

it's still illegal misadvertising.

LightRey
11-19-2011, 05:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrGerbz:
What the ? Ubisoft, why haven't you responded yet? We want the correct soundtrack, would be lovely if you could acknowledge having putt these tracks on our cd's by accident and will give us what we paid for.
<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They never speak on these forums. If there's anything significant to say, the forum staff will say it.

Btw, swearing is against the rules.

MrGerbz
11-19-2011, 06:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrGerbz:
What the ? Ubisoft, why haven't you responded yet? We want the correct soundtrack, would be lovely if you could acknowledge having putt these tracks on our cd's by accident and will give us what we paid for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They never speak on these forums. If there's anything significant to say, the forum staff will say it.

Btw, swearing is against the rules. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know swearing is against the rules, hence I did not circumvent the censoring.

And they sometimes do pass along messages via the community moderators.

lucifero2114
11-19-2011, 08:49 AM
since this may be illegal misadvertising

might be able to file a complaint to your consumer counsil of your country.

do it online, people, NOW!!

trick or treat, ubisoft

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Go...ndservices/DG_196096 (http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Consumerrights/Howtocomplainaboutgoodsandservices/DG_196096)

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl...tscontacts/DG_195948 (http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948)

LightRey
11-19-2011, 08:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
What the ? Ubisoft, why haven't you responded yet? We want the correct soundtrack, would be lovely if you could acknowledge having putt these tracks on our cd's by accident and will give us what we paid for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know swearing is against the rules, hence I did not circumvent the censoring.

And they sometimes do pass along messages via the community moderators. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Censored swearing is still against the rules though. It's censored as a precaution and it will be overlooked if it's the occasional swearing, but it should be avoided altogether.

Anyways, I understand your disappointment. I'm in the same boat after all. However, I'm still more than content with what I've received, so I'm not complaining much.

Black_Widow9
11-19-2011, 02:18 PM

So is Armchair Modding. If you have an issue please use the Report feature. Thanks for looking out for us though. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

birdgirl69
11-20-2011, 01:00 PM
my brother bought the Limited Edition. it has the codes for multiplayer and to unlock that armor for Ezio and brings soundtrack. i was excited to hear it until i pressed play and songs AC, AC2 and brotherhood where there... WTF i want the full ACR soundtrack, not this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

ProdiGurl
11-20-2011, 01:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kairra:
I'm also with you two. The soundtrack is a major part of my gaming experience, and every time an AC has been released I make sure I have the soundtrack, one way or another. Why on earth would you, UBI, presume I would want old music that has been available for several years? If you wanted to do a 'best of', why not make it an ADDITIONAL disk, ensuring that your fanbase get that as well as the new game's soundtrack, which is what everyone actually wants.

Utterly disappointed, and gutted! I know soundtracks might not mean a lot to most, but to me they make my game.

Might I also ask where we may purchase or download this soundtrack, since you have failed to include it in the sets that we have already paid good money for? As I said, one way or another I need the soundtrack. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, soundtracks are really important imo.
I originally pre-ordered the Sig edition just bcuz I wanted this soundtrack.
As it ended up, we had some major unexpected bills pop up on us and I just can't afford the game now, so I'm on a free rental trial offer & snagged ACR that way.
I AM buying this game later but the soundtrack is what sold me on the pre-order. I'd be really disappointed if I got that too . . then again if it has some of the songs off ACB that I love, I might be happy with it since I never bought those for my MP3.

As it is, I'm not nearly in love w/ this soundtrack so far, I like 2 or 3 songs off it. I'm sure they'll grow on me as I play though.

ProdiGurl
11-20-2011, 01:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xboxauditore:
I was really annoyed when i found out that it was a Best of, It didn't even include City of Rome!!!!

I just wanted a CD with, Ezios Family, Salvation of Forli, City of rome and The music that plays in the opening Ezio cutscene in Revelations.

I only got Ezio's Family. I am disappoint. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, that would seal the deal for me not liking this - City of Rome is the one song I'd HAVE to have off ACB & will end up buying for my MP3 soon. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

lucifero2114
11-20-2011, 04:40 PM
as some other guys here pointed out, this is illegal false advertising on ubisoft's account

manipulation of standards of a product:
('original' soundtrack)- made to look like they are refering to the new game's tracks

please file a complaint to your local consumer's council, or ubisoft

i understand some poeple still live off their parents' money, or they are rich enough not to give a d@mn. But i for one, payed a fair price for the collector edition not to only recieve a diminished experience

please, somebody do something about it, quit whining, and file official complaints

hopefully, i'll find at least 1 person who does it with me

BLineDesigns
11-20-2011, 04:56 PM
as some other guys here pointed out, this is illegal false advertising on ubisoft's account

manipulation of standards of a product:
('original' soundtrack)- made to look like they are refering to the new game's tracks

please file a complaint to your local consumer's council, or ubisoft

i understand some poeple still live off their parents' money, or they are rich enough not to give a d@mn. But i for one, payed a fair price for the collector edition not to only recieve a diminished experience

please, somebody do something about it, quit whining, and file official complaints

hopefully, i'll find at least 1 person who does it with me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most people are lazy or, as you said, don't give a darn. You might be able to kick some of them into gear by providing links where they can do these things, if applicable. Most just don't like to have to do the research. Sad but true.

Saqaliba
11-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Due to the false advertising and the fact that the soundtrack which came with the Animus edition was suckfull rehash of old tunes, I downloaded a pirated copy of the 3 volume OST online in which case neither Ubisoft, nor Lorne, nor Jesper Kyd will receive profits.

Easy Listening. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

rileypoole1234
11-20-2011, 07:22 PM
The one I got was all the songs in Revelations...

lukaszep
11-20-2011, 10:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
The one I got was all the songs in Revelations... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you sure? And what edition did you get?

roffl3s
12-01-2011, 06:48 PM
I was wondering why it said Volume 1.....then i realized the main theme wasn't even in it! Terribly sad http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

But hey, at least they gave us some of it and Ubisoft still is a company that has to make a profit, we can't just randomly get ALL the volumes for free....at least it feels better than getting ripped off by the likes of Capcom and having to buy an entire game for "new content" added on to the one you already bought

Agentbarto
12-01-2011, 07:26 PM
They can make a profit without false advertising...

Teknykk
12-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Mm, even I'm a little disappointed in this really. I bought the Australian PC Animus Edition and expected something new, or at least a compilation of the best tracks and when I ripped it to my computer to play it just turned out to be 12 tracks (excluding the 13th and 14th in the listing) with the cover art from this album...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin_(album)

Which somewhat surprised me...as I see no mention of any of the music artists who've worked with Ubisoft in that band...yet they all sound like songs from previous AC games.

As for the link www.assassinscreed.com/bonuscontent (http://www.assassinscreed.com/bonuscontent)

It simply fails to work...it goes to the right area but it forces you to log in everytime you open the link, even if you were already logged in and just redirects you to the main Ubisoft website afterwards, so that's a bit stupid really.