PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with the bodies?



Col_Tibbetts
05-07-2005, 11:27 AM
Well it finally happened. I was jumped by an Elco boat and my flak gunners were machine gunned to death. Sad. However my revenge was sweet as my deck gun turned that ol' Elco into a fireworks show!

Now I have two bodies on board. Do I just keep them in the stern quarters or shove them in one of the torpedo tubes for a burial at sea.

What did real U-Boat commanders do for their fallen seamen?

Col. Tibbetts

Col_Tibbetts
05-07-2005, 11:27 AM
Well it finally happened. I was jumped by an Elco boat and my flak gunners were machine gunned to death. Sad. However my revenge was sweet as my deck gun turned that ol' Elco into a fireworks show!

Now I have two bodies on board. Do I just keep them in the stern quarters or shove them in one of the torpedo tubes for a burial at sea.

What did real U-Boat commanders do for their fallen seamen?

Col. Tibbetts

Lovo_Kasistan
05-07-2005, 11:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Col_Tibbetts:
What did real U-Boat commanders do for their fallen seamen? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They right-click on them and throw them overboard.

SchroeterU-123
05-07-2005, 06:00 PM
Hi
When I lost my first crew http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif in the aa gun because of pt boat mgs too after I kill it I made a sea funeral play the song"Ich hatt einen kameraden" and shoot a 10 SS rounds salute for my first dead it was night in the game
By da way what did u guys did when your first crew die.
Ps:its like Lovo_Kasistan say press right-click on them and have a sea funeral
Salute and Happy Hunting

Cloud_Cat
05-07-2005, 06:05 PM
Let the crew amuse themselves with the cadavers then eat them.

Not constructive i know but i'm bored.

Lovo_Kasistan
05-07-2005, 06:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cloud_Cat:
Let the crew amuse themselves with the cadavers then eat them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Or I use them as human sacrifices when I dive down to the cyclopean city of R'lyeh to reawaken the great Cthulhu to crush the puny human race under the foots of the ancient ones!

I¤, I¤! Cthulhu fthagn!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

C_Flaro
05-07-2005, 06:35 PM
WOW your U-Boats got boarded for real?

U-853
05-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Lovo_Kasistan, I think you and I are familiar with some of the same people... though I've been by the current residence:

N 41? 51.254
W 071? 22.850

http://www.tiac.net/~maglight/Lovecraft.JPG

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lovo_Kasistan:
Or I use them as human sacrifices when I dive down to the cyclopean city of R'lyeh to reawaken the great Cthulhu to crush the puny human race under the foots of the ancient ones!

I¤, I¤! Cthulhu fthagn!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yen Lo
05-07-2005, 10:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by U-853:
Lovo_Kasistan, I think you and I are familiar with some of the same people... though I've been by the current residence:

N 41? 51.254
W 071? 22.850

http://www.tiac.net/~maglight/Lovecraft.JPG

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lovo_Kasistan:
Or I use them as human sacrifices when I dive down to the cyclopean city of R'lyeh to reawaken the great Cthulhu to crush the puny human race under the foots of the ancient ones!

I¤, I¤! Cthulhu fthagn!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That guy rocked!!! His books are wild.

Pentallion
05-07-2005, 10:40 PM
I find they go well with a nice Chianti.

Aragorn87
05-07-2005, 11:28 PM
You can shoot them out of torpedo tubes while being depth charged to fool the DD..

heh, U-571 reference, i dont think in reality if a uboat sunk if a crew members body could find its way to the surface?

hobnail
05-08-2005, 03:22 AM
I have a Trebuchet on deck and I fling them over the walls of Enemy ports to shake their morale. At the moment they just use them for footballs...

Treetop64
05-08-2005, 03:33 AM
Heck! A bucket of bar-b-que sauce and some Lowry's seasoning salt, and you'll forget that it's part of your buddy's thigh that's next to your potatoes!

Maj_Solo
05-08-2005, 04:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Col_Tibbetts:
Well it finally happened. I was jumped by an Elco boat and my flak gunners were machine gunned to death. Sad. However my revenge was sweet as my deck gun turned that ol' Elco into a fireworks show!

Now I have two bodies on board. Do I just keep them in the stern quarters or shove them in one of the torpedo tubes for a burial at sea.

What did real U-Boat commanders do for their fallen seamen?

Col. Tibbetts </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif , definitely something for the next patch, I had crews killed several times on the way out to patrol area and wondered what the hell a real uboat captain would do, you can't have them stink in the uboat for a month, maybe they had bodybags .... no, they probably shoot them out through the tube ....